DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

well, thats it for me.

passing out on this one, since i'm not going to buy another overpriced NY valk.

I'm gonna spend my money on a MSN-06S Sinanju Stein now.

It looks cool, is way cheaper, and i dont have to stay up all night and need no ninja reflexes to order it.

I'm out.

well, thats it for me.

It looks cool, is way cheaper, and i dont have to stay up all night and need no ninja reflexes to order it.

I'm out.

Great kit!

Sorry it didn't work out, I'm still trying but it's looking grim.

I've seen a few articles today on news sites talking about a cyber-attack going on which is slowing down the internet. After a full investigation, they will discover the attack, which started around 16:00 Japan time April 3rd, seems to be strangely focused on Japanese Game, Toy and Hobby sites.

It will be logged as the "F5 Attack" ^_^

Edited by Rabidweezil

well, thats it for me.

I'm out.

Did the same thing, waiting for it to arrive now, I also included the MSN-06s Sinanju Ver. Ka

Ugh, congrats to those who managed to grab one, and good luck to those still hunting. NY hopefully will put them back up at around $170-180 in the next day or so.

It's funny though, there was seriously plenty of time to order these from HLJ the first time around. There were even multiple windows, spaced out over a month or two.

Then people started receiving their Altos right around the time Ozma was up for preorder, and as word got out, the Ozma preorders started drying up fast.

As far as missing parts are concerned though... is there anyone here who has connections and could request replacement parts directly from Bandai? Ozma missing a crotch piece wouldn't be such a huge deal, since I doubt most people will remove his armor anyway, but my Michael is still using the crotch plate from my Ozma super parts, and of course, he's the only one I actually want to display in battroid. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Ugh, congrats to those who managed to grab one, and good luck to those still hunting. NY hopefully will put them back up at around $170-180 in the next day or so.

It's funny though, there was seriously plenty of time to order these from HLJ the first time around. There were even multiple windows, spaced out over a month or two.

Then people started receiving their Altos right around the time Ozma was up for preorder, and as word got out, the Ozma preorders started drying up fast.

As far as missing parts are concerned though... is there anyone here who has connections and could request replacement parts directly from Bandai? Ozma missing a crotch piece wouldn't be such a huge deal, since I doubt most people will remove his armor anyway, but my Michael is still using the crotch plate from my Ozma super parts, and of course, he's the only one I actually want to display in battroid. <_<

Thanks for the Support

I guess bandai saw how many were being pre ordered in the first run and cut it short then. They are definitely going to reissue this after they see how many pre orders we taken. Maybe they will make more Ozma types seeing how well The Alto did

Ugh, congrats ....

...As far as missing parts are concerned though... is there anyone here who has connections and could request replacement parts directly from Bandai? Ozma missing a crotch piece wouldn't be such a huge deal, since I doubt most people will remove his armor anyway, but my Michael is still using the crotch plate from my Ozma super parts, and of course, he's the only one I actually want to display in battroid. <_<

which part exactly is missing when u speak of "crotch piece " ? anyone has a picture?

Probably that front panel.

Yeah, it's just that front panel that you swap out for the new one that comes with the super/armor parts. Was missing from the box in my VF-25G. I've considered just keeping Alto in fighter mode (or armored) forever, and repainting his to use on the G.

instead of 140$ I spent 500$, once I knew I slept over the release by 10 minutes, I just went and bought

the ONC 1/44 Apollo13. Meh, I'll get the VF-25F eventually through NY, I've got the G, and the RVF is on Pre-order.

I'll just hold tight.

That $140 might, just might, cover the shipping.

To those of you that just scored a 25F....will it complete your Flontier Skull Squadron?

RVF-25 (on preorder with NY and Otacute) to complete the Valks but how can they really be complete without the super packs and tornado packs? =)

does this crap happen with other Bandai products like their gundam stuff?

A lot of Bandai's pre-orders lately have come with the disclaimer that the quantities may be severely reduced...at least at the wholesale level.

thats what i was wondering cause i have a buddy in south Korea who will come back to the states late july i think,,,,,,

Yeah, South Korea really isn't that well stocked with Japanese toys from what I've seen. Granted that was a few years ago.....

You would think all of the vendors would have already bitched to Bandai about missed sales opportunity regarding the Renewals..... Does Bandai even collect this data? The rebuttal I keep hearing is "Bandai wants to keep it inside Japan, thank HG" but really as a mfg, you would think you would create enough stock that Japan based retailers would buy up in huge lots. I am sure they all are looking at the figures thinking if they sold out in 30 seconds, could you imagine how many they could really sell. Bandai is a strange animal, as I thought most companies are capitalist in nature.... I can't really complain though as I already have 1 and luckily i'll get another. I just can't believe how many times I could get checked out last night.

Annoyed at the moment as yesterday I had it in my cart at both Amiami and Hobby Search but couldn't check out.

NY mark up is ussually about 2000-3000 Yen from retail on the first few batches they put up. After that it will go up again. The VF-171CF had an initial mark up of 2000 yen and the RVF-25 had an initial mark up of 3000 yen. But anything can happen just like now where NY is over stock on the YF-29 30th anniversary and now have it on sale with 2,500 mark up as compared to their previous mark up of 4,500.

Unfortunately Mecha and transformation toys are very expensive to make. So I assume it is a cost analyst situation for them.

On one hand they could produce 5,000 more toys beyond their projection of 10,000 to ease the supply of 20 different merchants and risk overproducing on an an already thin margin. Say they are only making 30-40 bucks on each toy.

Or on the other hand they could just make an initial run of 10,000 and sell what they have with projected costs, while focusing on toy lines that actually make them a lot of money and have very low costs. Actual children's toys, vinyl dolls and things like that which make them 80% percent profit.

Imagine if you made a really expensive part and some small following of people half way around the world was complaining to middle men that you're not making enough.

You wouldn't give a crap.

It's hard for us to understand in America where people trip over each other to fulfill demand with supply/chain stores like Wal-mart and Target, but it's just a different beast I guess.

Also keep in mind that they are making runs of 4 of the same toys with slightly different colors and heads. Haha.

Edited by Gakken85