DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

son of a gun!!!! 2nd one Ive lost tonight!!! I even got to pay for it with my credit card and it kicked it back and it emptied my cart!!! argggg!!!!! this is seriously getting anoying!!!

Was this for Hobby Search? I instinctively went with Paypal, as you could always change it later. Plus I nearly lost my order too, as I accidentally clicked continue shopping instead of confirming my order.. plus I had to log in...

Was this for Hobby Search? I instinctively went with Paypal, as you could always change it later. Plus I nearly lost my order too, as I accidentally clicked continue shopping instead of confirming my order.. plus I had to log in...

i tried going thru paypal but it wouldnt take it, so i immediately took out my CRedit card and after typing all my info down it send me to this fipping page that said the page was not available, canceled the whole thing and when i tried going back to my cart it was gone ,, just like that,,,

Apart from buying off 3A (only Metal Gear Rex, but you get the idea), Bandai's DX Chogokin Valks have been the most stressful experience I ever had buying toys...1st it was the YF-29 30th Anniversary, now this. Gonna be another stressful round when the VF-25S comes around...

And then it's onto the armor and super packs

i tried going thru paypal but it wouldnt take it, so i immediately took out my CRedit card and after typing all my info down it send me to this fipping page that said the page was not available, canceled the whole thing and when i tried going back to my cart it was gone ,, just like that,,,

There were 2 options for Paypal, the 1st 1 is some kind of express option to allow future auto-payments, the 2nd one is kinda like regular Paypal (kinda like how Amiami does it). The 2nd 1 was clickable for me.. I'm not sure if that was what you faced.

There were 2 options for Paypal, the 1st 1 is some kind of express option to allow future auto-payments, the 2nd one is kinda like regular Paypal (kinda like how Amiami does it). The 2nd 1 was clickable for me.. I'm not sure if that was what you faced.

mee...... o well, just wasnt meant to be i guess.....

there are still a couple places to go to...... :ph34r:

did you score one?

You referring to me? Yeah I think I did.. Got the confirmation mail. Praying hard I don't get a follow-up email with an apology on being short on stock.

On that note.. anybody here got screwed by Hobby Search before?

Wow.. them scalpers work fast...

You referring to me? Yeah I think I did.. Got the confirmation mail. Praying hard I don't get a follow-up email with an apology on being short on stock.

On that note.. anybody here got screwed by Hobby Search before?

Wow.. them scalpers work fast...

yeah, that happened to me when i preordered a vf-4f from them,,,, i got an email saying that they did not have it in stock,,,

so whats left????? Otacute and AE???

Apart from buying off 3A (only Metal Gear Rex, but you get the idea), Bandai's DX Chogokin Valks have been the most stressful experience I ever had buying toys...1st it was the YF-29 30th Anniversary, now this. Gonna be another stressful round when the VF-25S comes around...

And then it's onto the armor and super packs

3A drops ain't got crap on bandai shenanigans.

3A drops ain't got crap on bandai shenanigans.

True, though they're the only 1s who are a step up after my Bandai buying experiences..

Granted some of them last a whole day, i've heard some of them selling out pretty quickly too.

Plus, the wait for them is pretty stress inducing too, made even worse if you get a defective product (All those people with issues on their 3A Rex).

But I digress. I'll try to find a 2nd VF-25F as a backup myself, but I doubt I'd be able to score another one.

Makes you wonder.. come July when this sucker is out in Japan, will there be many units available around their retail shops?

True, though they're the only 1s who are a step up after my Bandai buying experiences..

Granted some of them last a whole day, i've heard some of them selling out pretty quickly too.

Plus, the wait for them is pretty stress inducing too, made even worse if you get a defective product (All those people with issues on their 3A Rex).

But I digress. I'll try to find a 2nd VF-25F as a backup myself, but I doubt I'd be able to score another one.

Makes you wonder.. come July when this sucker is out in Japan, will there be many units available around their retail shops?

thats what i was wondering cause i have a buddy in south Korea who will come back to the states late july i think,,,,,,

Never. Ive never seen their gundam stuff sell out this fast.

I didn't think so. What little gundam toys I've bought are usually readily available. I wonder what their rationale is for producing so little renewals. They could be making way more money

thats what i was wondering cause i have a buddy in south Korea who will come back to the states late july i think,,,,,,

I'm not even sure if South Korea carries a lot of stuff from Japan.. let alone Macross stuff. Maybe you should ask your buddy to check out the anime figurine and macross toy scenes at the hobby shops over there.

does this crap happen with other Bandai products like their gundam stuff?

Never. Ive never seen their gundam stuff sell out this fast.

Gundam Kits never seem to have this issue (neither does Macross kits). But their other toys of popular franchises tend to have this kinda results too.

To name a few I've encountered:-

1. Tiger and Bunner - both Wild Tiger and Banarby were sold out instantly before they were even available

2. SH Figurarts - Ironman and War Machine - saw both up for a very brief few minutes, gone by next refresh.

Some of their other Robot Damashiis tend to sell out fairly quickly too, along with their Metal Figuration Gundam figures.

I think part of the problem is how limited in quantity Bandai gives to shops like Amiami

and NY I guess. Problem with Otacute is, they don't have a fixed time on when it goes up it seems. Plus they also have limited stock.

And yikes.. so they have screwed up peoples' orders before...

They have!? I've ordered a few renewals through them with no problems...

does this crap happen with other Bandai products like their gundam stuff?

Yes. Soul of Chogokin, Saint Seiya, Tiger and Bunny, Kamen Rider... I'm not aware of any Gundam shortages tho.

I'm not even sure if South Korea carries a lot of stuff from Japan.. let alone Macross stuff. Maybe you should ask your buddy to check out the anime figurine and macross toy scenes at the hobby shops over there.

Gundam Kits never seem to have this issue (neither does Macross kits). But their other toys of popular franchises tend to have this kinda results too.

To name a few I've encountered:-

1. Tiger and Bunner - both Wild Tiger and Banarby were sold out instantly before they were even available

2. SH Figurarts - Ironman and War Machine - saw both up for a very brief few minutes, gone by next refresh.

Some of their other Robot Damashiis tend to sell out fairly quickly too, along with their Metal Figuration Gundam figures.

I think part of the problem is how limited in quantity Bandai gives to shops like Amiami

who do they give it all to then? local shops? also does anyone know if amazon japan sells renewals? I order all my transformers from them and send it to a buddy in japan

They have!? I've ordered a few renewals through them with no problems...

Yes. Soul of Chogokin, Saint Seiya, Tiger and Bunny, Kamen Rider... I'm not aware of any Gundam shortages tho.

I was referring to Hobby Search, and erikos0311's comment about his VF-4G. If most peeps here had no problems with their Renewals via HS, then I feel a little safer..

I didn't think so. What little gundam toys I've bought are usually readily available. I wonder what their rationale is for producing so little renewals. They could be making way more money

Case Study: Yamato

Seriously. They produced amazing toys but people just weren't biting, even MW'ers, until they were enticed by HLJ sales and huge discounts, so inventory moved so slow that Yammie folded.

I was referring to Hobby Search, and erikos0311's comment about his VF-4G. If most peeps here had no problems with their Renewals via HS, then I feel a little safer..

I've ordered Renewals through them too. No problems yet either...

At least 3A sales have a countdown widget and happen at a decent hour.

well I it's good to know that HS has worked out for MWers here.

@anime52k8 - makes you wish Bandai would have done preorders based on demand and manufacture them according to preorders + extras for retail.

to the vets here, were frontier valks always this hard to obtain? even the v1?

to the vets here, were frontier valks always this hard to obtain? even the v1?

Hell no! They were mostly discounted in a similar way Yamato's valks were. They were reasonably promptly re-issued too.

Edited by Tober

You Know that ordering online from the US is a stressful experience since even I, who have a freaking direct 10 GIG link to Japan at my workplace, was only able to use my Ninja-reflexes to get NY that even closed out in about 15 seconds from coming online, no joke

Hell no! They were mostly discounted in a similar way Yamato's valks were. They were reasonably promptly re-issued too.

And Bandai ultra-trolled the V1 collectors by giving them the final VF_25G tornado, followed by the renewals the very same year Trollololololo

Edited by Duymon

NY just e-mailed me, for retail-price you're only allowed one per. For the marked up you can buy unlimited..... lol.....

Might be another retail alto coming up in a bit on NY

-Duy

mayb that was the one you saw in that small window a few minutes ago