charger69

DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

Those Maruyama 171s were dirt cheap on Mandarake when they came out. But like all initially unwanted valks, once the supply dried up, the price soared. :unknw:

On 3/18/2020 at 11:58 AM, Bolt said:

I thought the cracked and exploding triangles were resolved after the initial cf release. Am I mistaken? I haven't transformed my EX, Maruyama  or Rvf ever. Love them in fighter mode in the box:lol:

My Alto and Maruyama triangles are fine. 

Posted (edited)

I've recently been going thru the last of my 1/60's. The Alto , Maruyama and RVF 171's all seem fine. Though I haven't transformed any of them . Curious to know who has and how their's are doing.

Edited by Bolt

49 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

My Alto and Maruyama triangles are fine. 

Have you transformed them?

I have two Alto 171EX (one beaten up to snot and one slighly yellowed still in the boxes) with both of the triangles still intact. Have not touched them for over a year now as I still have the add-on kit for it still in the box. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bolt said:

Have you transformed them?

Yes. My Alto is over 5 years old in my possession. It's my regular play valk. It has wear, yes: but not at the triangles. I've actually taken good  parts from the broken Luca 171 and input them into the Alto giving it some new life.

The Maruyama I've had for a year and a half- bought from buyee/YahooJP. Transformed twice; no issues.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2020 at 2:26 PM, Bolt said:

I've recently been going thru the last of my 1/60's. The Alto , Maruyama and RVF 171's all seem fine. Though I haven't transformed any of them . Curious to know who has and how their's are doing.

The mess production type is known to break so I only partially transformed it once while I was coating it. My first VF171 mass production suffered a catastrophic break down (torso joint) even when I handled like a baby. Fortunately Amazon Japan let me returned the item.

2011921784_71m7mqY6FNL._CR020412241224_UX175.jpg.41f5d110e25fba2e1d323c8f99c91b5a.jpg  

The rest of 171s seem to have improved quality so they are safer to transform. Just be mindful when handling the small black plastic triangle ;)   

Edited by EastwindS2k

A quick question for those that have the 171EX Luca, Alto or Maruyama opened in full display.

Has your copies discoloured (or yellowed) due to age? 

* I listed one for grabs (not here) for those who are really curious *  

47 minutes ago, borgified said:

A quick question for those that have the 171EX Luca, Alto or Maruyama opened in full display.

Has your copies discoloured (or yellowed) due to age? 

* I listed one for grabs (not here) for those who are really curious *  

None so far. They should be ok if not exposed in direct sun light.  

I have the RVF-171 Luca and it hasn't yellowed. I keep blinds and curtains drawn, but there's still some residual sunlight, both at home and when I had it in my office at work.