DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Got my preorder in with Amiami when it first opened. Literally open for a couple minutes, sold out, then opened again, then sold out immediately. Maybe up for less than five minutes total.

Amazing.... the mkting guys at bandai are really something... they limit the supply of the toy and thus artificially build up hype and create the perception the the toy and by extension the rest of the toyline are really desirable and very hard to get.... then the reputation that Bandai's toys are "blink and you miss it" type.

Keep the reputation and every single release in future will be sell out and no need to languish on the shelfs.

Keep checking. When Amiami went up, it said sold out at first. Few minutes later it opened up. Might be same case for HLJ. I've been checking. I don't think it actually opened up, just a place holder.

Yeah, HLJ has done that in the past. They might not open it up entirely until they have a solid number on the stock they will receive.

I wonder if they're monitoring traffic to the pages to get an estimate of interest... if so, I'll gladly mash my F5 key to oblivion if it means we'll get a larger scale release. :D

Yeah, HLJ has done that in the past. They might not open it up entirely until they have a solid number on the stock they will receive.

I wonder if they're monitoring traffic to the pages to get an estimate of interest... if so, I'll gladly mash my F5 key to oblivion if it means we'll get a larger scale release. :D

I hope it's true!

Wow....F*** YOU BANDAI. This is utter bullshit. The last time I saw theatrics like this with product availability it was for the Totoro Posters from Mondo (they were supposedly sold out instantly and would take two weeks to arrive from the manufacturer....yet Ebayers in Texas somehow magically had them in hand, ready to ship the same day...). Personally I will not do business with a company that manipulates the market like this so I'm done paying 200+ for "collector's quality" figures that aren't half as durable as a $3 GI Joe figure. Honestly I'm so pissed about this series of events (VF25S Renewal, YF-29, and now this) that it sullies the quality of every Bandai product I own. Suddenly I want nothing to do with my SOC Collection...thanks a bunch Bandai for being total asshats. Well I guess I have some ebay auctions to prepare. I'll certainly have the funds for every Yamato release coming out this year...

Amazing....  the mkting guys at bandai are really something... they limit the supply of the toy and thus artificially build up hype and create the perception the the toy and by extension the rest of the toyline are really desirable and very hard to get.... then the reputation that Bandai's toys are "blink and you miss it" type.

Keep the reputation and every single release in future will be sell out and no need to languish on the shelfs.

See above. This is a complete defraudment of the consumer and I honestly hope people will stop putting up with it.

By my count the preorder at AmiAmi was open for a total of three minutes before selling out. Shortly after it may have opened again for about a minute or less.

I was able to secure one before the first sell out.

So yeah.

Three minutes at AmiAmi. Below is what occurred tonight.

- 2:02AM EST preorder page is put up but listed as sold out. Placeholder?

- 2:07AM EST preorders are available.

- 2:10AM EST preorders sell out.

- 2:15AM EST preorders available again?

- 2:15AM EST preorders sell out again?

- Limit one per household.

Edited by Razerwire