DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I was waiting on this. Now that it's got a release date, more sack lunches to pay for it. If it's going to be upwards in cost, I hope they just include everything in the bundle. I'd rather pay more upfront, save the shipping, and get it all together, than just get the main fighter, then the pieces later. Bandai must not realize that it's a double punch for fans who order these online and have to pay for shipping on two items, instead of one.

I don't like Alto, and this color scheme is terrible. They should have released the cannon fodder first. I'm not sure if i'll get this one or not.

Actually, it is good that Bandai is releasing this one first.

There will be some manufacture problems that can be fixed on the cannon fodder.

We just have to be patient and wait.

I don't like Alto, and this color scheme is terrible. They should have released the cannon fodder first. I'm not sure if i'll get this one or not.

ishop2go seem reliable. I just received my VF-11b today, that I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago.

You have to pay for pre-orders up front though.

At least we're getting a 171. Better chance now of the CF appearing later.

I was waiting on this. Now that it's got a release date, more sack lunches to pay for it. If it's going to be upwards in cost, I hope they just include everything in the bundle. I'd rather pay more upfront, save the shipping, and get it all together, than just get the main fighter, then the pieces later. Bandai must not realize that it's a double punch for fans who order these online and have to pay for shipping on two items, instead of one.

I'm pretty sure it's less about not realizing it's a double punch and more that since Macross cannot be broadcast outside of Japan they don't have to or want to care about any type of merchandizing outside of their little market. They're not like Yamato where they need all of their product to sell even outside the borders. They can always fall back on Gundam for that.

I really hope they come up with something better than clip-on missiles this time though. Yamato's had embedded hardpoints for over a decade now, and since the VF-171's wings aren't enclosed in a sleeve like the VF-25, there's no reason not to have hardpoint stubs under the wings. Heck, you don't even have to make them rotate, since the wings aren't actually variable in flight.

Look closely at the CG - it is suppose to keep the wing mounted weapon even in B mode.

But the chance of getting wing mounted weapons is about 0. We can see here the bottom of wings are very clean:

D9StK.jpg

Look closely at the CG - it is suppose to keep the wing mounted weapon even in B mode.

But the chance of getting wing mounted weapons is about 0. We can see here the bottom of wings are very clean:

D9StK.jpg

If you look at the other photo of the 171 from straight on you can see that despite far less Anime magic the wings still extend a little ways past the butt of the Valk.

Yeah, the backpack's a little big compared to the show. No more so that the Yamato 17. The canopy looks a little small, but I'm sure they're optimizing it for EX & CF versions. The EX seemed to have a larger canopy to accommodate the EX Gear.

Gonna have to put this one ahead of the VF-4. I like this design better, personally. Then I gotta save for the 19F. Looks like the Cavalier might get bumped from my short list now.

Is that a reliable shop?

Yes, they are ok.

The thing is, does ishop2go charge for the full preorder up front or not? I'd rather not put a fully payment on a toy where it's basically going to be a 50/50 shot as to whether the order gets filled or not, considering how skimpy Bandai has been producing these days...

"Your credit card will be charged 1 business day after successful payment is made, the full amount including both presently available and pre-order products."

Source: http://www.ishop2go.com/index_FAQ_en.html

"Your credit card will be charged 1 business day after successful payment is made, the full amount including both presently available and pre-order products."

Source: http://www.ishop2go....dex_FAQ_en.html

Wow, I read that, but I totally read that the wrong way. Reading comprehension fail.

Edited by pud333

Interesting thing I noticed.. the legs will have to twist in two separate places.

The Yamato just has the entire leg pivot above the knee, like the SV-51, but it looks like Bandai is using a separate pivot point below the knee to rotate the legs into position for fighter mode.

I was worried for a second they weren't going to pivot above the knee, but the gerwalk is clearly pulling off a nice A-stance. Being able to twist above and below the knee might make for some interesting poses. :)

Interesting thing I noticed.. the legs will have to twist in two separate places.

The Yamato just has the entire leg pivot above the knee, like the SV-51, but it looks like Bandai is using a separate pivot point below the knee to rotate the legs into position for fighter mode.

I was worried for a second they weren't going to pivot above the knee, but the gerwalk is clearly pulling off a nice A-stance. Being able to twist above and below the knee might make for some interesting poses. :)

Yep, but it’s not a Yamato’s or Bandai’s transformation choice, this is actually one of the few line art differences between the VF-17 and VF-171.

My Wallet just punched me and my Visa card screamed!! This and hopefully a Cannon Fodder version as well are a easy sell for me.

I'm surprised Graham hasn't commented yet, he must be stunned from shock over this one!! :p

He is probably checking his savings to buy 6 of them... :)

Oh... so they weren't announcing it because they were skipping that whole "hype with CAD pics" or "sneak in statement with related toy advertising" approach. Looks good... I'm in.

Yeah, < four months until release seems rather fast. Hopefully I can find the funds... :unsure:

Ok, I hate bringing this up (don't want to kill the mood), but I just checked the Macross Mecha Manual, and the regular VF-171EX seems to come with the cannon and missile attachment for each arm:

http://macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-171ex.htm

Does that mean there is a chance we'll be seeing those released with the regular valk, or is it inevitable that we'll have to wait for an add - on armor pack...

Lastly, plz Bandai, go the usual route and go crazy with tampo printing!