DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Although I understand why they're releasing Alto's scheme first I wish they had gone with the Teal CF version; after all, that is the first VF we see in the MF series.

The greater the demand for the "hero"-versions, the more incentive they have to build the cannon fodder (Not that it would take a lot to release a cannon fodder of a VF-171 anyways...).

I'm still LOL about this.

6 weeks ago I called this by accident.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35195&st=2240&p=950791entry950791

But isn't the VF-171 next?

Sure....in your mind.

LOL, that was a brilliant moment of mine! :lol:

I replied while downloading pics of the VF-171, and got confused with the earlier post between the RVF-25 with the VF25G.

Now I'll say the v2 VF-01 Stealth and Low Vis are next? :D

Not into collecting white toys anymore due to the yellowing issues.

I'll rather wait for it in the fodder scheme. :)

Yeah, I prefer the CF version as well. Although I will get the Alto anyway.

Great news. For whatever reason I prefer the 171 over the 17 or 25.

Is that a reliable shop?

I've wondered this myself. I've never bought anything from them personally either. But they do have EVERYTHING that's been announced in the last few weeks up for pre-order and it's getting more and more tempting to start putting money down.

I've wondered this myself. I've never bought anything from them personally either. But they do have EVERYTHING that's been announced in the last few weeks up for pre-order and it's getting more and more tempting to start putting money down.

The thing is, does ishop2go charge for the full preorder up front or not? I'd rather not put a fully payment on a toy where it's basically going to be a 50/50 shot as to whether the order gets filled or not, considering how skimpy Bandai has been producing these days...

booyah!!!! although i want the blue/green mass production ty0pe more, but this thing looks GREAT. Also, i think it needs its extra weapons as usually Alto's was seen with them, that makes it a nightmare ex PLUs or soemthing like that right? haha. i've seriously been waiting for this since the VF-27 came out what was it almost 2 years ago now? I thought it had to b next. As is i'm glad there was a hiatus and a redone vf-25 (i hope they get aroudn to releaseing michael's!!). so happy right now!

now i just got to remember to check back here on this thread everyday to see when it goes up on preorder at amiami or hlj. haha

Edited by Mechapilot77

Really hope Graham will have the time to do a comparison review between this one and the VF-17.

It will be very interesting how two diffirent companies approuched a similar type high end toy.

Edited by Omegablue

You think a Vajra is possible to slot into this line? Or a new Qaud with Klan?

That would be awesome. I would definitely by both. But I'm hoping Bandai announces the other Messiahs first.

Edited by pud333

so who do I need to throw money at to get this?

Honestly, I don't care if the armor packs are web exclusive limited, or part of a bundle coming 6 months latter, or if Yamato's VF-17 ends up being significantly better, the VF-171 in alto's colors is just so beautiful. I need it.

About time! ^_^ I'm slightly more excited about this than the VF-17D, but I plan to have both eventually. Will definitely be getting the Alto, not sure about the CF version yet.

Not doubting the websclusive route for the super packs, but I do hope they keep up their current trend, and include all the missiles and such in one box.

I really hope they come up with something better than clip-on missiles this time though. Yamato's had embedded hardpoints for over a decade now, and since the VF-171's wings aren't enclosed in a sleeve like the VF-25, there's no reason not to have hardpoint stubs under the wings. Heck, you don't even have to make them rotate, since the wings aren't actually variable in flight.

On the other hand, if all else fails, we could just mod the wings to attach VF-0 missiles... I'm pretty sure some of the VF-171's were carrying vintage Unification War weapons. ^_^

Also.. here's hoping the model division gets with it, and catches up to the toy division. I'm still waiting for my YF-29 variable kit, and I'd love to have a couple 171s to build up.

I don't like Alto, and this color scheme is terrible. They should have released the cannon fodder first. I'm not sure if i'll get this one or not.

ishop2go seem reliable. I just received my VF-11b today, that I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago.

You have to pay for pre-orders up front though.