DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Reading the comments so far, it looks like the replacement wings I got with the armor are "duds". :p

I can't speak for anyone else but mine work wonderfully. The old wings never fell off (only the pins did) but they were always loose and jiggly. The new ones swing smoothly and I don't know if they are designed differently, but there is a slight click or ratchet just before it swings out all the way for fighter mode. This keeps them nice, secure and right up against the body without any gap.

Edited by IXTL

The new ones swing smoothly and I don't know if they are designed differently, but there is a slight click or ratchet just before it swings out all the way for fighter mode. This keeps them nice, secure and right up against the body without any gap.

This is how my old wings are, so I decided not to mess up a good thing. Can you use the original pins on the new wings? Wondering, because if I do decide to swap them I know the pins I have installed now are awesome.

I suggest waiting till Monday before buying another unit elsewhere.

Just got my "ready to ship notification" for the super parts from AE, looks like everything's good to go, I hope you got yours aswell.

Edit: damn ipad auto correct

Edited by Murphy

So would it be fiscally suicidal to try and buy a set of these armor parts now. The in hand pictures are looking pretty sexy and I want to throw some love at my 171EX to make abstaining from the 171 cannon fodder hunt a little easier.

So would it be fiscally suicidal to try and buy a set of these armor parts now. The in hand pictures are looking pretty sexy and I want to throw some love at my 171EX to make abstaining from the 171 cannon fodder hunt a little easier.

"Fiscally suicidal" pretty much sums up being a Macross fan as far as I am concerned... It's up to you where you draw the line, I guess.

I also have an extra set of the armor parts, but excluding the arm guns/cannons, on ebay. So, if you want to display a fighter Alto with all the missiles, or if chest and leg armor is your thing, check it out.

the leg and chest armor has been growing on me, but I really want the arm weapons too... :unsure:

Is $108 a decent price for these? :unsure:

dscn7286.jpg

dscn7278.jpg

@TCracker

I would just like to ask how you managed to get the shoulders/upper arms to stay swept back at an angle? I used to be able to display mine like that before I placed the armor pack, but now I'm unable to because the shoulder pauldrons keep bumping into the missile pack.

Edited by ArchieNov

@TCracker

I would just like to ask how you managed to get the shoulders/upper arms to stay swept back at an angle? I used to be able to display mine like that before I placed the armor pack, but now I'm unable to because the shoulder pauldrons keep bumping into the missile pack.

help.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

I also have an extra set of the armor parts, but excluding the arm guns/cannons, on ebay. So, if you want to display a fighter Alto with all the missiles, or if chest and leg armor is your thing, check it out.

One of my leg armour pieces was really badly flawed. So thanks for the heads up about your auction. Too bad I couldn't have just bought them from you directly as we live in the same area. Save me the bidding war. hehe =D

Fortunately, those little bits don't seem necessary, since as long as the big pins stay in, they hold the wings on well enough. They just seem to be a way to keep the wing from flying off the instant you pull out the large pin, but the wings pivot around a low circular ring that won't really break.

Fortunately, those little bits don't seem necessary, since as long as the big pins stay in, they hold the wings on well enough. They just seem to be a way to keep the wing from flying off the instant you pull out the large pin, but the wings pivot around a low circular ring that won't really break.

Actually, it's the other way around. Those little circles are more important as they are the pivot point for the wing. The large pin is just there to secure the wing to the body and is not really necessary if the fit of the small circular pin is tight. The low circular ring that the large removable pin attaches to is there to limit the range of how much the wing can be swept back and forth.

In any case, the smaller circular peg should be easily glued back as long as it was a clean break.

Welcome to the club anime52k8, It's funny how you needed to be pushed. You know you wanted them. ;) Personally I think you will enjoy them. It just kinda takes your 117 to the next level. I think mine looks way more awesome with them, than without.

Edited by Loop