DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Interesting note, but not surprising (though some people around here seemed shocked/disappointed by this on the VF-17.) There are going to be removable covers for the hands on that thing just like every other version of the 17/171.

Also, really damn great looking. I hope either of my Pre-orders is actually filled but based on these new pics I might actually keep both of them if they do each get filled. I'm glad there are new pics of something too, it was getting too quiet in here.

I am super curious to see the difference in this versus the 17. Looks like that backpack fits a lot closer then the 17 (though this one is a lot more compact as well so that might make it easier to pull off.) The ankles look infinitely better then on the 17, though hopefully they don't become floppy at some point.

Also, three hard points confirmed for everyone hoping to load theirs up with missiles.

Edited by Mommar

Sexy. I am so glad I preordered this beast. Amiami better not let me down. (They never have in the past, don't have any real reason to think they will fail me other than paranoia.)

Interesting note, but not surprising (though some people around here seemed shocked/disappointed by this on the VF-17.) There are going to be removable covers for the hands on that thing just like every other version of the 17/171.

Another interesting note: The head guns/fins can be hidden in fighter mode, or they came in the box detached and the setup guy forgot to attach them. He also seems to forgot to attach the main gun in fighter mode, and missed a step in G/B mode and leaving those shoulder hinges exposed.

Edited by CF18

Another interesting note: The head guns/fins can be hidden in fighter mode, or they came in the box detached and the setup guy forgot to attach them. He also seems to forgot to attach the main gun in fighter mode, and missed a step in G/B mode and leaving those shoulder hinges exposed.

I don't really see how there was a missed step in G/B mode. Other then angling the shoulders up higher then other pics we've seen nothing looks wrong.

I'm hoping the CAD folks left us an easter egg, and we'll find out that all our Yamato missiles will work. ^_^ They do look very similar to the SV-51 hardpoints.

Either way though, looks awesome. I just hope BBTS learned from their mess with the VF-25S.

They seemed to have. They definitely were very specific about how many pre-orders they were going to take and it was a very low number.

My wife really likes the looks of the Alto Custom DX toy, she has nicknamed it "Arnie" after Arnold Schwartzeneggar. When I showed her a pic of theVF-171 teal/blue one, she said she really liked it and that it also reminded her of Arnie!

Twich

I really hope that they do decide to sell a Luca RVF-171EX and a regular cannon fodder VF-171, as I am sure that they would sell like hotcakes! I also hope that they decide to finish the renewal VF-25 series and give us a VF-25G, RVF-25 and VF-25A.

Twich

I actually don't think that's the case. if you look really closely at the side of the arm with the tailfin, you can see a hing and a seem line. I think the arm will open up and the hand will fold away.

So? How much involvement did Yamato have with this?

This isn't a competition! They're in bed with each other.

Direct involvent with Yamato? No. But based on things we've heard during the development of the VF-27 DX, there's a good chance the CAD work for both was outsourced to the same company.

This looks surprisingly good. I hope this is close to the line art proportions so they don't have to reissue a VF-171 renewal version to correct all the flaws.

I would get the NUNS CF version if/when it come out.

based on the show piece, i figured this piece will be harder to get then Vf-25F, not to mentioned the sky high price that it will go up to..

lucky i have gotten one from HLJ, and a local store also.. hope both don't disappoint me so i will have one for MISB, the other for display with my VF-1A , Vf-25S Armoured pack valkyrie. and of cos my SDF-1.