DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Has anyone determined whether it's still legit to order from ishop2go? They still have pre-orders up, but I'm afraid that it will turn into BBTS 2.0 come June. And I won't even be in the country in June to take care of any issues that may arise or spring for another one....

Unless the shop has special relationship with Bandai (amiami), there is no guarantee how many pre-orders they can fulfill.

It's like sticks of RAM during the RAM shortage, distribution of VF-171EX is on allocation and the final distributed quantity will be determined at the time of release.

Pre-order from as many places as you can, as long as they don't expect payment up front.

Unless the shop has special relationship with Bandai (amiami), there is no guarantee how many pre-orders they can fulfill.

It's like sticks of RAM during the RAM shortage, distribution of VF-171EX is on allocation and the final distributed quantity will be determined at the time of release.

Pre-order from as many places as you can, as long as they don't expect payment up front.

Isn't that conducive to a vicious circle of unavailability? Almost like the self-fulfilling prophecy where someone says a bank is going out of business so everyone takes out all their savings and the bank ends up going out of business as a result?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you give people advice to "pre-order from as many places as you can", you are helping to create the situation wherein orders will likely go unfulfilled...

Isn't that conducive to a vicious circle of unavailability? Almost like the self-fulfilling prophecy where someone says a bank is going out of business so everyone takes out all their savings and the bank ends up going out of business as a result?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you give people advice to "pre-order from as many places as you can", you are helping to create the situation wherein orders will likely go unfulfilled...

So what you're saying is that I should take all my money out of the bank and use it to buy up as many VF-171's as I can?

You know, I honestly don't remember the 171 carrying the gunpod there.. is it because the EX did, but the normal CF version didn't?

Ok.. just checked.. the rendering is just really inconsistent. One moment it shows them with the gunpods mounted underneath, the next they aren't there. And whether the gun is shown or not, tracers are still coming from that spot. :lol:

You'd think with 3D rendering they'd be able to avoid those inconsistencies.

Nah, with 3D rendering you just get clipping errors out the wazoo. Slow down any of the scenes involving battroid/gerwalk, and watch as the various components of the valks magically pass straight through each other, and fly off their mounting points! :lol:

If I recall, the scene where Alto hijacks Gilliam's valk in eps 1-2 is absolutely full of that kind of thing. I don't think the limbs are actually physically attached in gerwalk mode.

Nah, with 3D rendering you just get clipping errors out the wazoo.

Clipping still happens with 2d animation in some hilarious ways as well. Especially when they don't layer the cells correctly.

case in point

Although I think some of this is because the early DVD releases for Transformers used unfinished masters because the final tape copies were lost or degraded :<

Just so I have some Idea this thing was $ 30 cheaper at Amiami then at HLJ, but what kind of shipping rate can we expect from Amiami when HLJ charges $ 19 US for SAL and $ 31 US for Fedex. ( This estimate is based of the YF 29 of the HLJ Site)

Just so I have some Idea this thing was $ 30 cheaper at Amiami then at HLJ, but what kind of shipping rate can we expect from Amiami when HLJ charges $ 19 US for SAL and $ 31 US for Fedex. ( This estimate is based of the YF 29 of the HLJ Site)

For the VF-25S, Amiami charged me 3200 yen for EMS. Keep in mind I am in Canada.

Total was 13350 yen.

Edited by pud333

Amiami shipping is generally higher than HLJ even with the same method as they like to use oversize boxes to send stuff and tend to fill them up with lots of those white sponge type packaging materials.

Amiami shipping is generally higher than HLJ even with the same method as they like to use oversize boxes to send stuff and tend to fill them up with lots of those white sponge type packaging materials.

So with shipping both Ami Ami and Hlj are about the same?

Out of the dozens of times I've gotten a package from AmiAmi, I've only gotten an oversized box once and I've never gotten any kind of white sponge type packing materials. They always use either a pink packing paper or fitted cardboard frames. Perhaps they have different practices for different countries.

As for their shipping prices, I always use EMS and I've never seen a substantial difference between AmiAmi and HLJ.

Out of the dozens of times I've gotten a package from AmiAmi, I've only gotten an oversized box once and I've never gotten any kind of white sponge type packing materials. They always use either a pink packing paper or fitted cardboard frames. Perhaps they have different practices for different countries.

As for their shipping prices, I always use EMS and I've never seen a substantial difference between AmiAmi and HLJ.

Same. I have ordered from Amiami more times than I can count. I always get the packing paper or the cardboard frames.

The problem is that the supply is limited, whether you pre-order from 1 place or multiple places isn't going to change the total number of units available. But ordering from muiltiple places does increase the chance of getting one unit from at least somewhere. This is no different than buying multiple lotterty tickets to increase the chance of winning the jackpot.

No one will be getting screwed in the end, any pre-ordered units that are not picked up by the customer will go right back on the shelf as available stock for sale.

I've bought quite a few packages form AmiAmi as well and they ALWAYS use stupidly large shipping boxes with heavy packing material. I always use EMS from both HLJ and AmiAmi and AmiAmi is consistantly 20~30% higher than HLJ's prices.

:edit:

You'd think this (the bottom box) was the only size of shipping box they have, because I always seem to get boxes this size regardless of what's in them.

IMG_0479.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

In regards to shipping, Amiami has always sent me large boxes as well. I think it's usually a better deal to go with hlj, and use Fedex. It's a little cheaper, and Fedex gets me my packages withing 3-4 days.

With EMS shipping, I've found that Bandai DX preorders are usually cheaper from AmiAmi (if you can get one) due to their heavy MSRP discount, while Yamato preorders end up being a little cheaper through HLJ due to their lower EMS rates.

With EMS shipping, I've found that Bandai DX preorders are usually cheaper from AmiAmi (if you can get one) due to their heavy MSRP discount, while Yamato preorders end up being a little cheaper through HLJ due to their lower EMS rates.

Yeah, it's a bit tricky with those two, but I usually go with HLJ simply because of their customer service. They'll quickly and easily replace broken parts. Haven't heard anything either way in regards to Amiami. Speaking of this release, I still can't figure out if I want one or not. I guess I'll keep looking, and if it happens to pop up in one of the places I order from, I'll get one. If not, oh well.