DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I don't recall anyone mentioning pre-ordering from HLJ during the frenzy last week. I'm thinking it was just a placeholder which they'd open for orders only when they could get their stock numbers confirmed.

Wasn't sure either but then someone posted this a while ago.

Here's what I got from HLJ customer service early this morning (12:30 AM PST)...

Me:

Why was this item never available? It went from not existing on your site to Order Stop...

HLJ:

Wow, that was quick! I didn't even know it was up yet. It got slammed with orders almost instantly. Unfortunately, that happens a lot with hot new items. Hopefully we'll be able to get more and open it up again for orders.

Me:

Do you know if this was actually available for preorder? Many fans from Macross World Forums (including myself) were refreshing your site multiple times a minute, and they said it went from not being there to "Order Stop". Many fans are VERY upset! Do you know if the page was put up as a place holder, or did this item really sell out that quickly? Is there any way I can get in contact with someone who can tell me for sure if and when this will be available again?

HLJ:

We are indeed hoping to have it back open for orders soon.

Me:

When is soon? I really want this, but I can't stay up all night hitting the refresh button

HLJ:

Really sorry, but I can't say. It may be tonight, it may be tomorrow. It all depends on if we confirm that we can get more stock. I'm sure you understand that we don't want to take more orders than we can fill. That makes even more people angry!

The problem is that Bandai is simply not making enough product to meet the demands. We try to secure as much stock as we can, but with the shortages, we simply cannot get enough to meet demand. I think you will find the same situation on any website you go to.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused, and pledge to do whatever we can to get as much stock as possible, and open the item up for orders again as soon as possible.

Chris

...and it's gone.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN975641

Just under 4 hrs.

And with a message from HLJ about stock:

Note: This item has not yet been released by the manufacturer but we expect it on or about June 30. We have already taken all the orders we expect to be able to fill. No further orders will be accepted until supplies are confirmed when the product is released.
Edited by IXTL

OK, ordered from BBTS and HLJ. Hopefully one of them comes through.

This recent spate of preorders opening up makes me wonder if Bandai hasn't gotten wind of the demand and upped their production run.

It's possible they opened up the original pre-orders to dip their toe in and see if there was any demand. Regardless if it's a "hero valk" or not, he actually bitches about it's performance while using it in the show. Hardly a glowing endorsement of the vehicle. Bandai may have thought, different paint scheme or not, that it's still considered a CF Valk. Or maybe they underestimate just how streamlined and cool the design is to most people.

I preordered from HLJ and a local source! if i can get from both, i be a happy man for the month of june!

HLJ's orders has stopped!

That was really fast!!

Funny thing is, that was I think the longest preorder so far. Amiami closed down in 4 minutes.

Edit: Did HLJ have an order limit like everyone else per household?

Edited by pud333

I got a pre-order in at HLJ and Locus Hobby. If I can't cancel the Locus one, does anybody want it?

lawl y did i post this

I'll let you guys know if they refuse to cancel my pre-order and don't refund my money. They probably will though. I had sent an email before posting this :x

Why does HLJ have to re-open pre-orders when I'm asleep? :huh: 1:30am PST on the West Coast.

Sleep is for the weak. :p (and I did get totally lucky on this, as I almost didn't check this thread before going to bed last night.)

Well crap, I slept through that one entirely. :lol:

Guess I'll just keep hoping BBTS comes through for now, but if this was truly the first time the order opened at HLJ (the first one was gone in such a short time, I don't think it ever actually existed), then they may open it up again later on like they did with Ozma's VF-25. I'm pretty sure they went through 2-3 openings for preorders before the thing was actually released.

Maybe someone will cancel. I didn't get my 25S preorder in until almost mid-January when I think someone canceled. Preorder opened up and closed again right after I put in my order. Just gotta be lucky and be there at the right time.

But glad I got an HLJ order in this morning when I got up. :)

DAM!?!?!?! ..... missed another pre-order scramble at HLJ. I am glad that i placed a pre-order at BBTS. This VF looks like its going to be extremely difficult to get ..... :angry::(

Edited by DarkHawk

I almost thought I was seeing things when I got up this morning and checked HLJ. It was 4:15 PST and I was eating breakfast and thought, "what the heck, let's check HLJ to see if the pre-order is open again". Low and behold it was :o . Preordered one and then ordered another. Hopefully they will be able to fulfill the orders I placed. I recently pre-ordered the Sound Blaster reissue a full four months in advance and still didn't get it. Takara didn't ship enough to them.

So... I will only believe it when I see them in my hands in June. Until then, anything can happen. At least I don't have to stalk HLJ anymore :lol:

I almost thought I was seeing things when I got up this morning and checked HLJ. It was 4:15 PST and I was eating breakfast and thought, "what the heck, let's check HLJ to see if the pre-order is open again". Low and behold it was :o . Preordered one and then ordered another. Hopefully they will be able to fulfill the orders I placed. I recently pre-ordered the Sound Blaster reissue a full four months in advance and still didn't get it. Takara didn't ship enough to them.

So... I will only believe it when I see them in my hands in June. Until then, anything can happen. At least I don't have to stalk HLJ anymore :lol:

Same here, I periodically check HLJ to see if I get lucky... guess I did this time! No more sleepless nights thinking about this pre-order until release date. Good luck to the rest that are stil looking...

Guys let the computer do that work for you.

Install one of these add-on to your browser:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/update-scanner/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd#detail/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd

Tell them to scan the store listing page every 15 minutes. When you sleep leave the PC on and make sure they don't go to sleep on idle but you can turn the screen off. Leave the speakers on and tell the tool to play a song when one of the page changes. You will get false positive like when HLJ update the exchange rate.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to order from iShop2go, the fact that they are still open is like BBTS with Ozma's VF-25 in February long after everyone had already sold out. I'd hate to wait till like July and then get an email telling me that I got screwed, and that they didn't get enough stock. I'd cry tears that day...

Well, it was back in February a week after we found out about the VF-171 and they were the only game in town. So I have a pre-order there but I'm operating under the assumption that it really doesn't exist (I hope I can get my money back.) That's why when I saw that BBTS had pre-orders I jumped at that, hopefully they can fill it unl9ike the 25S.

Guys let the computer do that work for you.

Install one of these add-on to your browser:

https://addons.mozil...update-scanner/

https://chrome.googl...benbfclihhmmfcd

Tell them to scan the store listing page every 15 minutes. When you sleep leave the PC on and make sure they don't go to sleep on idle but you can turn the screen off. Leave the speakers on and tell the tool to play a song when one of the page changes. You will get false positive like when HLJ update the exchange rate.

Hehe. Only problem for me with these programs, is that my computer is two floors away from my bedroom and I think the volume on the music would be loud enough to wake everyone in my house from that distance. ;)

Man, I hope they do it in the CF color scheme like this:

12340-620x-vf1.jpg

And offer it with the Elintseeker radome and "sail"...

I think we can expect the radome version after the luca which we can expect after max which based on whats been comming out in Q3 at the earliest

The CF color scheme is actually pretty awesome with that dark navy gray look. I would get that over the Alto/Luca version. But since I just blew a hole in my wallet ordering the VF-25S from a Hong Kong store, I am in no rush to get Alto's VF-171.

I wish Yamato has the rights to produce Frontier items too since their valkyries have better fit and finish with better details. The Yamato VF-4 is the next big ticket item.