DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Was there another preorder session at hlj.com? Couldnt the retailers let bandai know that these things are flying, no pun intended?

Well I went looking around and see one other HK shop listed it:

http://www.locushk.com/?sp=&p=6&cat2=1509&cat1=156&cat0=24&id=4462&cat1=156&cat0=24&new=&more=&lang=en

That's about US$195 + shipping

Thanks for posting the link, I scored one last night. Obviously just in time. The :)

Me I had no idea that it was out on preorder, HLJ did not have it listed on their front page on their site when I was checking on another preorder status. I just happened upon it on Ami Ami.

And for the 171 I just went with dendenhobby on ebay. I believe I went with him once before with no issues but he is a little more expensive.

Me too. I just hope he's able to fill everyone's orders.

Hey guys, I ordered a VF-11B from him 2½ weeks ago for 190$ USD shipped. The guy has good communication so far and answered all my questions on the same day. The toy should arrive this week since it's already in canadian customs. I'll let you all know about their packaging and status of the toy when it gets to me.

To address ErikElvis' and eriku's concerns, I got my VF-11B from dendenhobby on evilbay today. It arrived in perfect condition and the box was pristine. I hope your VF-171EX get to you in the same condition.

To address ErikElvis' and eriku's concerns, I got my VF-11B from dendenhobby on evilbay today. It arrived in perfect condition and the box was pristine. I hope your VF-171EX get to you in the same condition.

Thanks! Now June just needs to get here already. B))

Was there another preorder session at hlj.com? Couldnt the retailers let bandai know that these things are flying, no pun intended?

The retailer I contacted said they are always requesting additional stock from Bandai, especially the Valkyries. Bandai just don't seem to care about additional supplies for stores that ship internationally.That goes for Sentai, Kamen Rider and Tiger and Bunny too.

I hope this toy is really good... I hope all new Mac toys are really good. I also hope that everyone who really wants one at release is able to pick one up. I asked a friend in Japan and he told me that demand is way higher than expected and that lots of people are making multiple preorders with the expectation that wholesalers won't be able to deliver (that is to say, he's seen the same things we all have). Sounds like chaos. Hey, at least Macross has these kinda problems. I assure you, Robotech rights holders would die in a masturbatorial frenzy if that license was having these kinds of issues.

Edited by jenius

I've bought some stuff from dendenhobby in the past and everything was always great. I'd recommend them.

[...] Hey, at least Macross has these kinda problems. I assure you, Robotech rights holders would die in a masturbatorial frenzy if that license was having these kinds of issues.

:lol: QFT!

Why? You didn't get in time for a pre order?

I think that was sarcasm...

That would be "Schadenfreude" :D

It's a little of column A, a little of column B, and the tiniest bit of column C.

Edited by anime52k8

The retailer I contacted said they are always requesting additional stock from Bandai, especially the Valkyries. Bandai just don't seem to care about additional supplies for stores that ship internationally.That goes for Sentai, Kamen Rider and Tiger and Bunny too.

Knowing that this is selling really well, wouldnt that prompt bandai to take a look at the numbers and increase production supplies, or are they having a case of gundam tunnerl vision?

I like the Nightmare Plus, but I'm wondering if they will bring out a Luca type. If they do, that's the one I want to get since I prefer the green stripes. It might be exclusive, though. In fact, the entire armour pack I would expect will be a web exclusive. Although they're being really stingy in not even including the forearm weapons. That is supposed to be the main new add-on for the EX as standard, isn't it?

EDIT -- Who the hell am I kidding, I'm never gonna find this thing. :(

Edited by Renato

Well, I placed my order with BBTS, though considering what happened with the VF-25S I suppose there is little chance I'll get one. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Went ahead and grabbed one there too. Little higher price, but considering retail price with shipping would be around $200 anyway, $220 to get it by UPS from a local site isn't terrible.

I kinda gave up on getting a preorder discount. If AmiAmi opens orders back up though, I might grab another from there. Couldn't hurt to have a spare. ^_^

Edit: I'd forgotten about the preorder shenanigans from before with them, oh well. One thing that does give me hope though.. while Japanese sites got hammered with preorders instantly, since this one's apparently running on western hemisphere time, we'll hopefully have a slight advantage. While someone in Japan might be desperate enough to order from a US import store (instead of waiting for them to appear on shelves locally), I doubt they would go to BBTS before trying more local sources.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, I placed my order with BBTS, though considering what happened with the VF-25S I suppose there is little chance I'll get one. :(

Chris

You gotta figure BBTS learned their lesson from the 25S short stock and cancellation. At any rate, if you're one of the first to preorder, you should be fine. There were 14 left in stock last I checked.

You gotta figure BBTS learned their lesson from the 25S short stock and cancellation. At any rate, if you're one of the first to preorder, you should be fine. There were 14 left in stock last I checked.

Appreciate the optimism! Hope you're right. :D

Chris

Also, why so cheap? I thought for sure BBTS would ask a ridiculous amount. Maybe $209 is just a 50% deposit amount. :p

Lol! There's the negativity I've come to expect from this thread! :p

Chris

Ordered one too, fingers crossed. That's a sweet fighter mode.

How did you tell out how many were left in stock?

Nevermind... figured it out. :D

Edited by Penguin