DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

10 minutes ago, MKT said:

2. The angular cockpit canopy design. Small difference but somehow visually makes a world of difference to the rounded ones on the hero schemes.

Oh yes, so very much this. I love the canopy design of the CF. I'd much rather have that on my Valk than the redesigned head of the others.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Revival CF from Frontier should be the version best received by collectors:

1. Unique teal colour. Also yellow 'resistant', providing the yellowing is even all around. My copy has yellowed but I didn't even notice until I took it out from display, even then it was a pretty nice shade.
2. The angular cockpit canopy design. Small difference but somehow visually makes a world of difference to the rounded ones on the hero schemes.
3. The triangles! Bandai should never underestimate how many fans want an updated copy to replace the old broken ones or those who never transformed theirs (like me) for fear of breaking them.

But this being Bandai, they are remarkably hesitant to release non-hero schemes now, even secondary hero ones get the short shrift. We still waiting for Chuck's 31E super parts?

But yes, those awful swappable wings should go. They were not toleranced well, such that at least one wing if not both will always have a sculpt-breaking gap against its wing root in Fighter.

Those crappy swappable wings were a cynical ploy by Bandai to force collectors to buy two different armor sets for the CF and hero versions of the 171 as the armors themselves are identical.

I'm guessing this will be a "full pack set" with the armor included, so that crap isn't necessary. I would love it if Bandai redesigned the wings to be non-swappable, but c'mon, this is Bandai we're talking about.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai also withheld the reaction warheads and MDEs on the hero armor set but included them with the CF armor set.

We'll see if they actually include them with the Alto 171 reissue.

When i was buying these toys, i had a hard time finding the reaction warheads armor set. I definitely missed out on those! It will be interesting to see what's included with this reissue. And ya, a few tweaks would be nice. 

13 hours ago, enphily said:

Pretty standard. Oh well. Hopefully the fit and finish, in hand, looks great.

12 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I hope no more issues like the broken CF triangles.

That was the first bandai valk that crumbled MISB  

I think they fixed that with the releases following the cf disaster. None of my Alto, Maruyama, or Luca 171's had that issue. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I think they fixed that with the releases following the cf disaster. None of my Alto, Maruyama, or Luca 171's had that issue. 

Alto's unit preceded the CF release so Bandai should have known better. They cheaped out or contracted it out to a different factory or something.

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Alto's unit preceded the CF release so Bandai should have known better. They cheaped out or contracted it out to a different factory or something.

Ah so.. i missed that tid bit of info back then..