DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I'm wondering if I'll get either of my orders. I could only grab them at iShop2Go and BBTS... neither are having great track records with this Bandai BS.

Really, I think the biggest problem with all of this is that Bandai doesn't care and monetarily doesn't have to care. Yamato are dealing in the classics, they know there's a world wide audience and that their bottom line depends on as many fans as possible getting their hands on it. Bandai is huge. They have huge divisions. They have huge properties outside of Japan that bring them money. Macross is relatively niche in Japan, and cannot be exported. They can make enough to satisfy the Japanese and not care. So for this, the other renewals and the 29 they probably don't even pay attention to the people outside Japan because legally and monetarily it makes no sense for them to.

Edited by Mommar

The sellers on eBay offering this and the VF-25/YF-29 for $400~$600 are actually fronts for Bandai. :mellow:

Ridiculous prices. :wacko:

Next, they will want a liver or lung on top of the $399 price.

Ridiculous prices. :wacko:

Next, they will want a liver or lung on top of the $399 price.

I'm sorry to say the controversial thing but do you check what the prices in Japan itself are now? 30000 YEN for VF-25F (about $350) and 20000 YEN for YF-29. The price for VF-25F probably sounds even more ridiculous if you live in Japan!

Edited by Dimis

Simple solution to the high price on these things: Don't buy them, don't pay for them. There is a limited supply, but the real culprit is an out-of-control demand... scalpers know this, as do some retailers, and they'll make you pay.

If most people had a modicum of self restraint the scalpers would be sitting on a pile of stock and prices would drop. The only reason they can charge these sky high prices is because fanboys keep buying. To this day I have not dipped my toe into Yamato's latest M7 offerings for that very reason, 250-280 and up before shipping is just too much... insultingly so, to me anyway.

I know it's a double edged sword; if not enough people pay retail for the item the manufacturer will stop producing and we won't ever see any more of these toys, and if the manufacturers charge too much they run the risk of driving off their customers. All the power is in the hands of the consumer... make a good product at a decent price and people will shell out the cash; if not, you run the risk of pricing yourself out of the market, even without competitors.

Just my 2 cents worth of venting.

I agree with you absolutely. The new m7 valks prices are a joke. No valk is worth that. Not by a long shot. I waited years for a reasonable price for the v2 VF-1's. Got my first 1/60s this time last year, and on sale. Glad I did.

yeah +1 for the CF if i'm ever going to get a 171. i'm trying to stay away from white valks from now on...

Same here. I'd definitely be more tempted by the CF scheme. I'm sure Bandai isn't going to the trouble of designing and tooling this just for a single release.

in that case, how big is a Renewal VF-25? (seriously, I don't have one :( ).

Stands 25cm to the top of the head, 28cm to top of the lasers.

Hmmm... My VF-25F is suffering from the same loose hips as the YF-29. :(

Edited by Tober

Hmmm... My VF-25F is suffering from the same loose hips as the YF-29. :(

Mine was starting to have the same issue, so I gave it the glue treatment. Looseness is unfortunately inevitable with all the ball/friction joints on these Bandai valks.

This clip should help; quality is kinda funky, but you get the general idea of how to deal with the loose joint issue. When fixing the looseness on VF-25 hips, I didn't bother disassembling them. Just a dab on the outer portion of the ball joint and working it around seemed to work fine:

Edited by ultraman zoffy

Mine was starting to have the same issue, so I gave it the glue treatment. Looseness is unfortunately inevitable with all the ball/friction joints on these Bandai valks.

This clip should help; quality is kinda funky, but you get the general idea of how to deal with the loose joint issue. When fixing the looseness on VF-25 hips, I didn't bother disassembling them. Just a dab on the outer portion of the ball joint and working it around seemed to work fine:

Thanks zoffy. :)

Paid for my preorder of this, and I don't really even want it. I couldn't cancel it, or I'd lose some other preorders I had that I do want, so we'll see how this plays out.