DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

• 2 weeks later...

Still available at Nippon Yasan for 206 US dollars if anyone is interested. Also, does anyone know when the fast packs are going to be released. Have they even shown pictures yet?

Still available at Nippon Yasan for 206 US dollars if anyone is interested. Also, does anyone know when the fast packs are going to be released. Have they even shown pictures yet?

While it appears they've left a spot to attach the packs to I'm not aware of Bandai ever mentioning that they exist.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't eventually release them, but then again, given their current "marketing strategy" for the VF-25/YF-29, I'm not sure they're in complete posession of a full wit anymore. <_<

Regardless of how dumb things have gotten with their undersupplying though, I think they did learn a lesson from the first few VF-25 releases way back when.. people don't appreciate having to rebuy something so it works with a new add-on.

I wonder if the are locking in payments, in other words "first paid, first delivered" basis?

My Nippon Yassan request said the item is "soon to be in stock", not actually in stock. I believe the June 19 due date is when they expect it.

My Nippon Yassan request said the item is "soon to be in stock", not actually in stock. I believe the June 19 due date is when they expect it.

Hopefully theres enough stock to fill everyone's pre-order and no one will miss out. I think anyone with a payment request should get on to it straight away. It's like most new items, regardless of the category the retailers will hand over the stock to those that pay first or those who have left a deposit.

That's exactly what the payment request they sent me says. They also told me this some weeks ago:

Hello and thank you for contacting us!

Yes, with Nippon-Yasan.Com, if you pay on time, you are sure to have your preorder!

Thank you very much for your order!

If you have any question, feel free to ask us!

Sylvain from Nippon-Yasan.Com

Aheh... well, this assumes that the "on time" date would be the given date and not "before the preorders sell out, because we didn't get enough to fill them all." <_<

What is Bandai even doing? Cutting production after the preorders were made? If they're going to be that stupid about it, and are that paranoid about having unsold stock, why not just make them web-exclusives to begin with? I'd honestly prefer that, because a group order is much easier to make than this hunt for a shop that actually can fill your preorder like they said they would.

I checked the Nippon Yasan email and it say ¨soon to be in stock¨or something like that. Problem is the notification arrived in spanish so I got confused.

Well at leastI secured one VF 171(I hope).

If possible, they always answer in the language of the country where you live.

Look at that bottom pic of them swapping out the hands. Somebody told me that I was wrong and the arms opened up so the hands could be folded out. I feel vindicated because I never saw the "hinges" they talked about.

Looks like there is a plate on the bottom that is removed, can't tell though. Oops, never mind, just zoomed in and saw that it was the gunpod. Duh!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Extra Hands?

Considering the forearms are smaller then the 17 and tapered at the end I'd assume this was the only possibly way to make the thing transform. The 17 had a plate you had to pop off in order to make the hands pop up but these forearms don't leave any room for hands. It was pretty much a necessity because the design was nearly impossible to implement.

I like the way the wings are folded high in battroid mode, that looks much better that on Yamato's VF-17.

The arms look too long with the hands hanging below the knees, I hope that like on Yamato's they have a double hinged shoulder that allows you to make it look less apish

Other than that, if the hand swapping for battroid is confirmed then this is an easy pass for me

I'm fairly sure there would be plenty of room for hands if the arms opened up like pretty much every Yamato valk in existence. Those arms make the VF-1's look tiny. Would definitely be easier if the arms weren't triangular, but I don't see why you couldn't just flip the hands around and fit them in at an angle.

Doesn't matter anyway. Assuming BBTS actually gets enough to fill their preorders (which given the current situation with the YF-29 might not be at all likely), I'll probably transform it once and then leave it in fighter mode forever.

Just a heads up for anyone that missed out on pre-ordering a 171... IF everything goes as planned and I receive the VF-171 that I pre-ordered from ebay, I'm going to be putting it up for sale as soon as it arrives for exactly what I paid for it ($260 shipped); I paid in advance for it, but I've decided to hunt down a 25S instead. Hit me up and I'll put a hold on it for you once it arrives; will expect payment only when I have it in hand and ready to ship to you (since apparently Bandai isn't reliably filling their pre-orders these days), otherwise no obligation if the pre-order falls through.

*BTW, anyone else pay in advance for their pre-order? I'm actually worried now seeing what's going on with the YF-29 pre-orders, and if the seller I went through doesn't ship in the time frame he stated ("within 4 days of official release date"), I'm planning to hit up ebay customer support to pull the plug on the transaction... thanks Bandai. lol