DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Wow, I didn't realize it had a split eye camera similar to the VF-5000 two seater from zolan patrol, it's nice to finally see a close up of the battroid! Now one more reason to like it! From the anime I thought it was just a streamlined version of the VF-17D head...

(null)

post-687-16115_thumb.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize it had a split eye camera similar to the VF-5000 two seater from zolan patrol, it's nice to finally see a close up of the battroid! Now one more reason to like it! From the anime I thought it was just a streamlined version of the VF-17D head... (null)

Yup, the EX has a split visor while the CF's is single.

e199cp.jpg2q02fe0.jpg

The past 12 months have been amazing for Macross. Really looking forward to the rest of the 2012 releases. My wallet will be sad, but I will be happy.

I now absolutely NEED a CF version. I don't care if it's a Tamashii exclusive. I need it!

*rolls eyes* My apologies, I meant I can't wait to see the CF IF they make one. Better?

Sorry, I was being pedantic. Bandai hasn't made one before so there's little to assume they'll do one now. I'll buy three if they do make them.

Sorry, I was being pedantic. Bandai hasn't made one before so there's little to assume they'll do one now. I'll buy three if they do make them.

No worries. I tend to assume that companies will make the variants I want, but it's a good reminder that this is Bandai we're talking about lol

Which begs the question: If they've seen fit to include hard points on the VF-171EX, why did they not add them to the VF-25 Renewals as well? The animation is absolute evidence that the 25s can mount underwing ordnance just as much as the 171.

Really like it. But I'll pass. :( It's only a third into the year and already got too many pre-orders.

If it was a fantasy take with Ozma's colours, or the canon fodder, then maybe.

Oh well, still going to enjoy the review pics this place floods us with. :D

Edited by Omegablue

Really like it. But I'll pass. :( It's only a third into the year and already got too many pre-orders.

If it was a fantasy take with Ozma's colours, or the canon fodder, then maybe.

Oh well, still going to enjoy the review pics this place floods us with. :D

Oh, man...if Bandai doesn't do Ozma colors on this (again, I don't give a damn that it never happened in the animation and know it's a slim chance because it's Bandai), then I got a long term project with my second 171EX I have on preorder :)

I'm just puttin this out there...they should just release everything in Skull One Focker/Ozma colors and I'd pick it up.

Edited by xrentonx

Gah! I really want this, but don't have any pre-order options left at a good price. WIll just have to wait till the thing hits store and hope for some surplus selling at reasonable rates.

Also, I think ALL toy companies can take away a lot from this example. More tampo printing, no matter how little or insignificant, can REALLY make a product more marketable, and I think provide an overall better package. This is has only further helped convince me that lots of tampo printing are why DX valks, Fix figuration figs, alter al-mecha, and even metal composite gundam figs sell like hotcakes.

I hope Yamato (who have great products) step up their tampo printing in the future to really ad the proverbial cherry on top...

I hope the battroid is just mistransformed in those pics and that the shoulders can be angled up like that without actually completely exposing the joints and hinges that the shoulder armor should be covering. It just looks really off like how it is in the pics. Looks pretty accurate otherwise.

I hope the battroid is just mistransformed in those pics and that the shoulders can be angled up like that without actually completely exposing the joints and hinges that the shoulder armor should be covering. It just looks really off like how it is in the pics. Looks pretty accurate otherwise.

I’m afraid the only way to hide those joints and hinges will be by angling the shoulders down a little like this:

post-12283-0-72815300-1333385768.jpg

Don't rush it. You gotta take the months one VF at a time. B))

April - VF-1D with option parts

May - VF-1A Cavaliers

June - VF-171EX

Don't rush it. You gotta take the months one VF at a time. B))

April - VF-1D with option parts

May - VF-1A Cavaliers

June - VF-171EX

Good advice.

Actually, the next few months looks great for me:

April - VF-1D, VF-25F Super Parts

May - YF-29.

June - VF-171EX

July - VF-25S Armour Parts.

and it's gone....

I have to say thanks for the "heads up" I saw your post and then snapped it up. I have one on order from ishop2go but i'm worried that they wont get the quota to supply all their orders.

Thanks again.

I wonder if Bandai will make the VF-171 Elintseeker version that Luca and NUNS used? That should be the next logical step.

If this one sells well.

If it doesn't, they will stop here. They are buisiness. and they need to see money.

Edited by kyekye

I'm gonna get some hate for this, but i'm considering painting the red stripes yellow on my second 171...

No hate from me! I would love to see this.

I'm gonna get some hate for this, but i'm considering painting the red stripes yellow on my second 171...

Other then a few of us who can't find one of these things being irked at someone having more than one I don't see why a Skull Leader color scheme would offend anybody.