DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Never been a fan of the VF17 series but the VF-171, what I can I say beautiful. Way to go Bandai, that was a real surprise. whats next the Y/VF-19 ?

They can only make it non-transforming like in the second Frontier movie but it will have an Isamu voice chip.

Edited by VF5SS

Since Yamato recently released the VF-19, and clearly does have the Frontier license according to the Frontier related stickers included in their latest releases (SMS/Galaxy/NUNS Logos, etc); I don’t see why Yamato can’t simply give us an SMS Isamu repaint. I'd sure pick one up, ASAP. ^^

I would KILL for a new YF-19. Preferrably by Yamato, but I'll take it if Bandai does one (Which they probably won't. When it comes to servicing us geeks with obscure valks, that sort of stuff is Yamato's M.O.)

cough.........err.......VF-1.

I think you of all people should know that they aren't the same line, my lord.

http://mactama.com/mt/toy/macross/yamato/60_vf1_series/60_vf1_series_top.htm

"Three form transformation" I believe.

The Macross Zero 1/60 stuff started the "1/60 Perfect Transformation Macross Series" line

Yeah it's the same company

but even Bandai knows to rebrand your lines before you start again even in the same scale.

Yeah, but the YF-19 is anything but obscure. I'd be happy if they just gave us a v2 reissue. SMS logos are an easy customization to add. ;)

sorry, when I said obscure, I should have said valks with brief appearances in shows. It was on screen in the movie for two seconds, so I doubt Bandai will make a YF-19 with Frontier decals and super packs. Obviously it's not obscure, since it had a whole short series starring it, haha.

Edited by pud333

Great new pics of the VF-171EX Alto version.

Although it's difficult to tell for certain, it looks like only one hard point on the wing, whereas it should have three. But being as the view of the wing is partially blocked by the battroid's body, I may be wrong. Anyway, I'll be glad for even one hardpoint, although at least two would be better. Let's hope Bandai gets the connection nice and tight first try, as it took Yamato several years to get nice tight hardpoints on their toys. Remember the SV-51, where the missiles ffall of if you glance at them wrong.

And on the new pics, you can see the rear landing gear door position is confirmed. If they do produce the Armoured Pack, there is a twin-thruster sitting right on top of where the rear landing gear bay is. Wonder how they are gonna handle that? Perhaps with Armoured Packs fitted, the VF-171EX is only supposed to launch in gerwalk or battroid mode, or from a launch arm, so no need for the landing gear?

Graham

post-11-0-57289300-1330566864_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I seriously doubt they'd only add one hardpoint. To finally go to the trouble to add a permanent hardpoint only to forget that there are three of them would be incredibly silly. The hardpoints under the wing are spread out quite a bit, with the final one very near the tip, so it's definitely possble the other two are there.

Sigh.....not Bandai la! Now you are deliberately gonna confuse people who don't know better and probably the next few pages are gonna be filled with silly questions n comments while the confusion you have sown is cleared up :(

Graham

They probably just added it to the system, I just checked it about an hour ago, and there was nothing there.

So, now the waiting game to pre-order begins. ^_^ Definitely going with Amiami this time, that's an awesome price.

no, its sold out. The same thing happened with the yf-29

They probably just added it to the system, I just checked it about an hour ago, and there was nothing there.

So, now the waiting game to pre-order begins. ^_^ Definitely going with Amiami this time, that's an awesome price.

I want to believe this...PLEASE! :(