An in depth review there. Some interesting points, I agree with you on your points of character depth and, I do think that Khan should have been more like his TOS self. Agreed not a fault with Benerdicts acting, he is a great actor. Im not saying he should have had an 80's Bon Jovi look but more connections to the original, after all in the time line his original actions would have been the same pre the reboot. So there should have been more to that.

The point of the Ferarri vs the Supra in the fast and furious film was, if you spend 300k on a car it does not automatically make it great. Spending around 100k on a Japanese nugget can get you the same or better performance.

A bit like my friend in his rusty old VW camper getting snooty looks at the lights from BMW and Porsche owners. He has a boared out flat 6 crammed in it and mostly smokes them. He is a regular at the quatermile strip. It may not look like much but has it where it counts.

The same can be said for films hundreds of millions worth of budget do not automatically guarantee a block buster, some of the best films have been made on a shoe string.

I do agree though everyone is far too quick to blame everything else for ther own inadequate script writing these days.

"oh it was the actors" "technology was not up to the task" "the computer game tie in ruined it" etc.

Edited by big F

I was looking for the car talk too. Anyway,

You know your movie is bad when the people behind it or others feel the need to now explain why your main bad guy doesn't look the way he should in a prequel / aftermath comic. Star Trek into Darkness: Khan Comic Preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=18544

I was looking for the car talk too. Anyway,

You know your movie is bad when the people behind it or others feel the need to now explain why your main bad guy doesn't look the way he should in a prequel / aftermath comic. Star Trek into Darkness: Khan Comic Preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=18544

id rather they made some kind of TV movie about this... kinda like a Law & Order movie: Khan (duh duh!)

LOL slightly off topic but i just saw a comercial with the Blueshirt Bot & nu-Sulu aired when i started watching Rachel Maddow. Guess that set is still able to make advertisements at least...