Small project: 1/60 VF-11 Booster

IScustom

I got PMs from some friends here saying that they are very interested in vf-11 booster in 1/60 scale. I also like the design very much, so just give it a try.

Here is an initial update of this work. Booster itself is complete and the work left is the support frame CAD design. Hope I can finish it with the head batch.

Sign..., got fully occupied recently by routine work, just can squeeze some time at weekends to continue the hobby, but I will try my best to make the heads in 1/48 and this booster in 1/60 ready in a couple weeks.

Doing it just for fun. If you guys are interested, kindly shoot me a PM to let me know the popularity.

Thanks for all support and suggestions!

Cheers,

IS

Show1.jpg

Show2.jpg

Show3.jpg

Show4.jpg

Edited by IScustom

If you make it for the Yamato 1/60 VF-11B toy, how are they going to attach?

Have you also designed working attachment brackets?

Graham

Hi Boss,

Yes, actually the attachment brackets for the bottom one is quite easy. The most challenging one is only the front bracket of the top one. Got an idea but still not fully decide.

Thanks for your concern and support!

IS

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update on this project?

Please let me know.

Thank You.

Hi, thanks for your interest.

IS is my friend and he was out of the circle for a while. Last week I talked to him and from now I will take over his uncomplete work like this vf-11 booster. This project will be the first one I am gonna complete and kindly stay tuned.

Edited by gwfalcon

Hi, thanks for your interest.

IS is my friend and he was out of the circle for a while. Last week I talked to him and from now I will take over his uncomplete work like this vf-11 booster. This project will be the first one I am gonna complete and kindly stay tuned.

Put me down for one. Looks awesome.

I'm sure a few people have ideas to make it work. I've been running a few of my own, but I've been a little lazy, and haven't pulled out my 11B. Can't wait to get the update. Quick question: will this be available for purchase on shapeways, and if so, are you going to hollow out the booster?

I'm sure a few people have ideas to make it work. I've been running a few of my own, but I've been a little lazy, and haven't pulled out my 11B. Can't wait to get the update. Quick question: will this be available for purchase on shapeways, and if so, are you going to hollow out the booster?

Either shapeways or just get the list who wants to have a set and print it in one run.

Your ideas on attaching the booster is greatly welcome, man. And it is actually hollowed already with the thickness 1 to 1.5 mm.

Any update on your VA-3?