MacrossWorld Convention 2012 Information Thread

I think it really depends on the size of the room. If attendees are bringing some things to sell, and there's vendors, as long as there's room for everyone, and displays, and all that, I'm fine with whomever.

OK all, I have some great news. With special thanks to Satelight Inc. post-582-0-99284400-1350279794.jpgthey have donated posters from their production of Macross Frontier "Sayonara no Tsubasa", signed by Shoji Kawamori himself. When I get these posters in, I will upload pictures of them. I will be holding a raffle for these posters. I am going to open up the raffle this monday for members here to purchase raffle tickets. You do not need to be present at the Macrossworld con to win, but you do need to be an actve member of this forum to buy raffle tickets. If you are not a member, but are planning on going to Macrossworldcon 2012, you may by raffle tickets the day of the con. Tickets bought the day of the con must be present to win, and tickets will be color coded to differentiate. Now, the cost of each ticket is $4 for tickets purchased online, and the day of the convention.

If you are interested in purchasing tickets, they will be available for purchase Monday at noon online. If you are interested, I will be replying only to pm messages, and in the order I receive them. Simply tell me you’re interested in the raffle, and how many tickets you want. I’ll provide the payment info, along with your raffle ticket numbers, that will have your screenname, and your real name on them and will be inserted into the drawing. Each poster will have a separate drawing, so if you don’t get one, there’s a chance for another. I promise, pictures of the posters will be provided as soon as they come in from Japan.

Winners that bought raffle tickets online will be notified via pm message, and it will be announce the evening after the convention here. There will be no postage to pay for the winner. Winners who bought the at the convention, will be mentioned here as well.

Again, these prizes are brought to you by Satelight Inc. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Mr. Kawamori and his staff for providing these donations. Kawamori, I’m sure, is a very busy man, and for him to want to provide these for the fans of Macrossworld, it is an honor and a priviledge to have him take the time. From all of us, thank you.

So, purchases begin at noon. Let the game begin.

Edited by Jasonc

Yay! Looks like I can make it, even if briefly! Questions:

• Is there a rough time schedule of the events?
  • Do I need to register my family if they're coming along? The registration form does not proceed if the MW screen name is blank.

Re: vendors: I agree w/ JasonC - as long as there's room for everyone. Personally, I'd prefer more mecha-oriented merchandise (kits, toys, artbooks).

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone! :)

ATTENTION MACROSSWORLD CONVENTION ATTENDEES!!!

We have well over 125 registered attendees for this year's convention and are excited to see each and every one of you. As planning for the con had developed over the last few months, we have added some additional programming including Mari Iijima's autograph session/concert, adding a Vendors section, and securing additional prizes/sponsorships for contests.

In order the make this event the best possible for Macross fans, we've had to increase our budget/expenses. The MacrossWorld Convention team is asking each attendee to make a suggested donation of $5 at the door during registration. Preregistering online will still remain FREE, and those that preregister will automatically receive (1) free raffle ticket for our general MW Con raffle. Each attendee that makes a suggested donation of $5 will also receive an additional (5) raffle tickets for the general MW Con raffle. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased for $1 per ticket.

We also will have the following contests/events planned during the convention:

Annual MacrossWorld Convention Customs Contest

1/55 Chunky Monkey Transformation Contest

Live Macross Art Drawing Contest

We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Definitely not going now, my son was born on the 16th at 1501PST. His name is Rei and what is awesome about his Kanji is that it can be read as Hikaru( B))) by some people. I really would have liked to at least have that little VF-11 figure, is there a chance somebody could snag one for me and I can PM them pricing and shipping details?

post-746-0-97176100-1350544087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

Definitely not going now, my son was born on the 16th at 1501PST. His name is Rei and what is awesome about his Kanji is that it can be read as Hikaru( B))) by some people. I really would have liked to at least have that little VF-11 figure, is there a chance somebody could snag one for me and I can PM them pricing and shipping details?

Congrats on the new addition. That definitely takes precedence.

Two more days to get your online orders for the two autographed posters.

Registration is closing TONIGHT at 6pm PST!!! thanks

oh man i didnt see this post until now.. i had just registered for my wife to go with me..i didnt know she was going to be able to get the day off that day until now. hopefully her pre registration can still go through. if not, how much is it for those at the door who couldnt pre register?

ben

FYI - for those interested in purchasing Mari's new CD, there was a factory delay and she will not have any onsite. However, she will still have pre-order sales for $20 each and autograph each copy and ship it to you for FREE if you purchase at the con. Remember, only those that purchase an item can get an autograph from her........

I'm bringing my nephew and wife to it. I didn't register them. I never got an email back telling me I needed to register them as well. Is that going to be a problem? He's 12 Years old, she's not LOL...

BTW, I am thinking of getting there early, stopping by McD's for some of their $1.00 breakfast biscuits. Anyone gonna be there around 10:00 and wants some? Or I can pick up a box of donuts.

Edited by coronadlux