MacrossWorld Convention 2012 Information Thread

Oh man I wanna go but one day is not justifiable for a plane ticket. I remember at the last con I think I was the farthest who traveled other then Marie

That's why I'm lumping it into a family vacation to Legoland and Universal Studios.

Oh man I wanna go but one day is not justifiable for a plane ticket. I remember at the last con I think I was the farthest who traveled other then Marie

Make a weekend out of it. Heck, worse case scenario, is we set up a pre MW luncheon in Little Tokyo or something like that the day before, maybe a pre setup hangout where we set up the place, and play some poker, have some drinks, then MW sunday.

Either that, or like Benson, you can hit up Universal Studios, or Disneyland, Legoland, or something like that, if you go with family.

Family (wife) said she isn't going lol....

I'll see if it gets approved. I wasn't even able to go to wonderfest, her sister had baby and I was on chauffeur duty =(

I already have a big trip to San Diego next month.

Edited by Kicker773

I'm looking for hotels in the Burbank area for Saturday night.

I'll be coming back from Vegas and it the closest to Arcadia.

Are there gonna be any pre-con events?

Much props for coming out from afar. UN Spacy, you know you want to come. Make it happen.

I'll be there.

I'll be heading to see y'all instead of going back to the Bay Area. :)

If anyone in the local area of the convention wants arrange a little gathering prior or post con I'd be down.

Is the Sept. 8 date official yet?

Edited by Benson13

If that is the weekend of the con, I'm sure we can plan something. Hell, if no one is planning anything for that Saturday, I'll throw something together for Saturday. Depends on what you guys want to do. We can geek out and do some Macross related stuff, go out to a luncheon, or go somewhere, or do something at someone's house.

I'm looking for hotels in the Burbank area for Saturday night.

I'll be coming back from Vegas and it the closest to Arcadia.

Are there gonna be any pre-con events?

Tangerine Hotel is very nice and reasonably priced.

I already booked a place which is about 2 miles from Bubank airport.

BTW. Will there be vendors seling this year?

Edited by UN Spacy

I'm pretty sure we're going with Sept 8th but like Kirik said we are finalizing the date. It's a private location so we won't have the same restrictions as we did with the UCLA location so we should have vendors or at least vendors selling their stuff.

We were talking about having a meet up on Saturday for locals and out of towners to go to Frank and Sons. If anyone wants to volunteer to head that up that would be great. Otherwise there isnt' anything really official...yet.

Once the date, time, and place are nailed down we need a big announcement, and might even want to doa promo for slice of Sci-Fi's con report if we want to get more people to come.

My wife and I worked on the advertising the year before last, and it looks like we're going to put another flier together. They'll probably go out sometime soon, so if anyone wants to pass them out when they come out, like at conventions, or their local anime shops or anything like that, let me know.

Hi Folks,

Bad news, but the current site of the con is now unavailable on the weekend of September 8-9th. We either have the option of moving it up a week to September 1-2 (labor day weekend) or pushing it back to early October.

Any thoughts before we make a new decision on a date?

Just don't plan it the same week as the Rev25th shows in NYC (October 11-14)

Have you looked at the hotel in Pasadena that was used for the Robo Toy Fest recently? Or the convention center they used for Botcon 2011?

Wow, the location is pretty much in my own backyard. The plaza it's located has plenty of free parking and a humongous variety of cheap food options (restaurant, food courts, Asian cafes, etc.)

Think I have no excuse for not attending this year =P

-Jack

I personally can't wait to wear my "Hi, My Name Is Benson, And I'm A Macross World Member" tag. Chicks are so gonna dig that.

They all do. They flock to us like like a Teddy Pendergrass love song.....wait, did I just say that here? Ooops. At least you can geek out.

I personally can't wait to wear my "Hi, My Name Is Benson, And I'm A Macross World Member" tag. Chicks are so gonna dig that.

Hahaha :lol: ...awesome. I'm going to wear two tags to get 2X the effect.

I know my screenname is so unique and all. I can either show you my driver's license, or my Police ID, and you'll figure out my screenname. Let's also not mention that my face is in my avatar. If ever I was wanted, I'm easy target, :lol: