MacrossWorld Convention 2012 Information Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'll make an official announcement soon, but looks like we are aiming to host this the weekend of August 25-26. I'll update the 1st post once we've confirmed.

Also, sadly there won't be any Mari this year as of now. She's committed to other 30th anniversary Macross events in Japan.

I got a baby coming in august so i'm guessing the wife would like me to stick around for the weekends.

Congrats bro. Is this your first? I love sharing Macross stuff with my daughter. She even tries to sing the Japanese theme song to the cartoon.

Also, sadly there won't be any Mari this year as of now. She's committed to other 30th anniversary Macross events in Japan.

Oooh, really? That'ts interesting since there havent been any events for August officially announced....yet.

Having said that, Mari travels to Japan EVERY AUGUST for the one show a year (2 concerts in the one day usually) she does for Japanese fans. It's more than possible you just happened to plan the event the one month she is most likely to be away from the US.

Congrats bro. Is this your first? I love sharing Macross stuff with my daughter. She even tries to sing the Japanese theme song to the cartoon.

Yes Sir, my first. My world is about to get changed big time... the first of which is the likelihood I won't be making any cons of any sort for a long while.

Sorry folks, i might need to retract my previous statement and change the date for the Con. I just received a family invite for a wedding that i MUST attend that weekend. Looks like we might move it the following weekend in September. I'll keep everyone posted but it should be around the same timeframe.

I'm visiting the site of the con (Concept Cube) this weekend and should have some more details about the con in the next week or so.

thanks for your patience guys! Also, for anyone still interested in helping support or volunteer for the con, please feel free to PM me or email MacrossWorldConvention@gmail.com.

Yes Sir, my first. My world is about to get changed big time... the first of which is the likelihood I won't be making any cons of any sort for a long while.

Congrats! I just had my 1st child back in December (which is the main reason why I didn't plan a con last year).... but i'm back to it. =] Future Macross fans in the making

• 1 month later...

Hmmm schaumburg drive to CA. I dont know about that. LOL might end up like another due date movie with me tagging along. So September. Hmmm going to do some really desperate begging to go. The last con I attended was an eye opener for the wife that I wasn't the only nut out there.

Maybe but its cutting it close to her birthday. And I'm still trying to plan to go to wonderfest this month. I wonder if this place is close to that Japanese hotel i stayed at.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the approval from the old lady to go. I just have to lump it into a family vacation to a few other places. As soon as I get a solid date I can start preparing for the magic.

We're looking at the weekend of September 9th as the date of the con. Just 1 day for the con this year on Sunday, but might have a set up event the evening before. (maybe annual MW poker tourney on the 8th)

I'll confirm the date and then we'll roll with it.

Sorry there hasn't been many updates, but this is going to be a much more relaxed con than my previous incarnations.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flying in from Colorado if it makes you feel any better. Worst case scenario, it's only a 5 hour drive for you.

Much props for coming out from afar. UN Spacy, you know you want to come. Make it happen.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I'm going to Denver Comic Con today with the crib midget. It'll be my first Con, so I'm curious as to how it's going to be.