Rohby's recast joke machine

Opus

After three months on the waiting list I finally recieved my JM recast from MW member rohby. My first impression was "wow". It was alot cleaner than I expected for resin. It's a bit loose and the FPs fall off easily but as a Yamato 1/60 owner this is nothing new and is to be expected from a resin recast.

It came pre-assembled and sealed in a plastic bag with a seperate bag for accessories. The box contained 1 JM, 1 gunpod, 1 VF-1J head, 1 VF-1A head, 1 VF-1S head, 1 set of FAST packs, 1 extra right booster, 1 set of parts to make a strike cannon, 1 Minmei, 1 SD pilot and a pice of paper with helpful tips.

I took some pics. If you want more don't be afraid to ask. :)

post-18-1070477276_thumb.jpg

Rohby a king of recast! When can we expect a full painted up version!

Probably not until after the holidays. :( First I have to decide how I want to paint it( I'm open to suggestions), then I have to make the time to do it and since I suck at painting I'm gonna take my sweet ass time doing it. :)

hey, I was wondering if the extra right booster's front tip comes off? Or do you have to cut it off yourself in order to put on the strike cannon? I was suppose to have one in my posession but I couldn't afford it yet. :( But soon, very soon I will have one! And hopefully by then rohby will still have some! :p:D:lol:

Holy Moly! I'd forgotten that I asked to be on the list-on the tail end of the recast JM thread in the old boards...anyhoo, I hope I'm still on the wating list. anyone know if Rohby frequents these boards...i'll do a search and send him a PM.

hey, I was wondering if the extra right booster's front tip comes off? Or do you have to cut it off yourself in order to put on the strike cannon? I was suppose to have one in my posession but I couldn't afford it yet. :( But soon, very soon I will have one! And hopefully by then rohby will still have some! :p:D:lol:

yeah you have to cut the booster.....hey Mr.Patt your being a posting whore today :p:p Im crrrrrrrrrazzzzzzzzzzzy man :p:p

hey, I was wondering if the extra right booster's front tip comes off? Or do you have to cut it off yourself in order to put on the strike cannon? I was suppose to have one in my posession but I couldn't afford it yet.  :( But soon, very soon I will have one! And hopefully by then rohby will still have some!  :p  :D  :lol:

Rohby came to my house the other week and explained the whole thing to me, i guess you have to cut the tip off the fp and use like styrene or some type of flat material to glue the base of the strike to...

I have not attempted yet because i am trying to figure way out to use the missle tip and stike, kinda like the

OG strike ,,interchangeable,, i think it will require some work, but may be possible...our resident model masters may be able to figure this one out..

oh yeah ..Rohby kicks azz...so does Solscud...JM rules.... :D

guys,

how much is the JM recst??? please let me know.....

I believe they were 50 each. I could be wrong as I haven't talk to rohby in a while.

yeah you have to cut the booster.....hey Mr.Patt your being a posting whore today  Im crrrrrrrrrazzzzzzzzzzzy man 

hehehe, hey when your unemployed and gots nothing to do, you start going KAAARRRRAAAAZZZZYYYYY!!!! :p:D:lol:

guys,

how much is the JM recst??? please let me know.....

I believe they were 50 each. I could be wrong as I haven't talk to rohby in a while.

yeah you have to cut the booster.....hey Mr.Patt your being a posting whore today   Im crrrrrrrrrazzzzzzzzzzzy man  

hehehe, hey when your unemployed and gots nothing to do, you start going KAAARRRRAAAAZZZZYYYYY!!!! :p:D:lol:

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you need to cut the tip off. Im the one who started the Strike cannons after a chat with Jung. That is a recast of my strike cannon you all have. as well as teh FP armor and SD pilot.

Painting these things are a pain int he ass. I washed all the pieces but i still cant get primer to stick to it. it peels off even when using tamiya maskign tape.

nick

Painting these things are a pain int he ass. I washed all the pieces but i still cant get primer to stick to it. it peels off even when using tamiya maskign tape.

nick

so based on your experience what would you suggest doing prior to painting this beauty??

thanks,

d

How about scrubbing the pieces with detergent and water, this should really get that stubborn mold release off.