1/60 VF-1 replacement shoulder hinge

VF5SS

These new hinges don't fold down quite flat like the ones on the toy do. I don't know if that's normal, and the arms dont seem to be drooping down in fighter, but i wonder if it will cause stress on the locking points between the legs and backpack.

Have you cleaned the printed parts first in a 50/50 water/dish soap mix ? It should clean all the residues off. If the parts still won't snap, I guess you can slightly sand them.

*Watches with interest*

My new 1S from Duymon has a slight crack. I know I'll have to replace them soon, but I want to get a couple other prints lined up first, to save on shipping...

ah, you were the guy that bought the one valkyrie that I didn't buy (since i've just recently acquired a roy from Arcadia) lol.

Both of mine from duy were cracked but he told us they would very likely be.

If I were you i'd just go ahead and buy whatever it is you think you might need if you want to get that thing fixed soon. The pieces from shapeway all ship in a big ass box, no matter if your parts are just in a tiny baggie like mine were.

I can't find the VF-1 1/60 at Shapeways. Is it just me?

i got a few 1/60 i never opened, and i afraid my armored VF-1J Hikaru will have catastrophic shoulderism...

Apparently it's called Kanzen Henkei part. I just used '1/60' on the search bar. Or if you bookmarked VF5SS's page, then it's all good. ;)

http://www.shapeways.com/product/DV3KRQCTN/kanzen-henkei-1-60-scale-fighter-variable-hinge?optionId=3675956

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 years later...

You definetly need to get bigger balls! Not for you but on your joints. Guys these are strong hard quality plastic here. In fact maybe to strong. The pin holes were a bitch. If my pins were not knareld they most certainly are now trying to slide them thru using plyer but I dont dare say pre drill in fear of loosening to much. I recommend some brand new smooth pins with a  a beveled tip on one end. Although this plastic is so tough knarled pins or not this plastic might wear and cut thru your metal pins.

Buy the way two new joints do fit but barely. A little sanding and they fit better.