Taking the Plunge

Macette

I've been holding off for some time now and would like some feed back. I've read alot of great reviews for the 1/60 v2 VF-1 yamato toys. I've been collecting the yamato line since they first released the vf-1a dyrl Hikaru, and i have quite a few of the version one (Hikaru vf-1a dyrl, Max VF-1a DYRL, Roy VF1s normal and strike, vf-1j super and VF1a CF) i hate having duplicates but i also don't like how i have to remove the legs to transform them.

Is it worth it to start collecting the V2s or should i focus on other series like the bandai frontier v2 as well as the new vf-19s. Any feed back would be apreciated.

It really depends on what fighter you like better. If you like the VF-1, the v.2 is a great line and aside from some QC quirks, is a good toy. If you like the Frontier VF-25 look better, then the renewal version is so far new, and relatively available and viable as well. If you lke both, then both those versions are what you wanna get.

Not looking good for my wallet, ugh, i don't have any frotnier Valks yet, so maybe i should go that route, i just don't want to dropp $300 US on a valk, the current rate for it is due to newness right? if i wait will it drop to a reasonable price, i don't mind spending $200 ish

Actually, i have a handfull of 1/48s i personally love them, I have the VF-1A Hikaru DYRL, VF-1S Hikaru (with fast packs) and a VF-1J (with super armor). i just noticed all my 1/48s are Hikaru Valks =p

I got the whole Vermillion Squadron about a year ago during one of HLJ's many Macross sales, 40-50% off on each Valkyrie was hard to pass up even though, like you, I had been holding off on adopting the V2s due to the fact that I already had quite a few V1s; but let me say that despite my misgivings and hesitation to take the plunge I must admit that the ones I got are awesome (elsewhere on this site you can get a break down on which editions to avoid due to QC or engineering flaws and which examples are safe). I still prefer the looks of the 1/48 in fighter mode despite the low hanging arms, but the 1/60 V2s are superior to their larger cousins in just about every other aesthetic comparison.

I'd say wait for a good sales deal and/or shipping discount and get one, or two, or three, or four......

I'd love to do a Vermillion Squadron, but if i where to fill in the blanks with my existing V1s with V2s, will the differance be that noticable (in fighter mode). I also don't have any valks from M7 or Frontier, I really want a vf-25 v2, just waiting for the price to settle down a bit. and the VF-19s has really caught my eye, being the YF/VF-19 series is one of my favorite valk designs (Fire Valk aside too cartoony for me). Man, this is going to be expnensive, and i just bought my self a 1/3000 SDF-1 and VF11B (which i think is one of Yamatot's best designs, the figure just feels so solid)

Not looking good for my wallet, ugh, i don't have any frotnier Valks yet, so maybe i should go that route, i just don't want to dropp $300 US on a valk, the current rate for it is due to newness right? if i wait will it drop to a reasonable price, i don't mind spending $200 ish

Definitely not due to "newness" of the valks, but the dollar/yen ratio. As of late, a lot of the "new" stuff coming out, especially from Bandai, has been gone from the get go. Example: the YF-29. Luckily for those still wanting one, it's going to be available again in a couple months. I think Alto's VF-25 is still hard to find, and I think the Ozma version is disappearing too. You may end up paying a premium for waiting, not getting them for less.

So what should i do? grab one now? or wait? i heard rumors of another line of the 25s coming out. Weren't there some complaints about the paint on the legs being slightly off?

the current line of the 25s (renewal) just came out. They're really excellent toys.

So what should i do? grab one now? or wait? i heard rumors of another line of the 25s coming out. Weren't there some complaints about the paint on the legs being slightly off?

If you can find one at hlj, or amiami for the regular price, you should jump on it. The Alto version, when it was gone, instantly went above $200. For Yamato, you may have slightly better luck, but even some of those simply disappear, and can't be found for .less than 20% markup above the MSRP. I've been burned by the waiting game, as well as many here, so play at your own risk.

Agreed. If money is ever an issue for you don't take the risk of waiting. I did that and to this very day I'm still aching for a '60 V2 Roy 'Strike. I will NOT pay what those things are going for on ebay...