Jason Statham is back with another testosterone-filled action movie. Safe is about a former elite cop who protects a 12-year-old girl from the Triads, the Russian Mafia, and even the New York Police.

It seems like I always either really enjoy or really hate Stathem movies. I mean, I loved the Transporter films. I mean, they were just silly, stupid movies about Stathem getting pissed and beating the crap out of people. What's not to like, right?

But then there's Crank... a movie about Stathem driving around while talking on his cell for two hours.

Edited by mikeszekely

Jason Statham is back with another testosterone-filled action movie. Safe is about a former elite cop who protects a 12-year-old girl from the Triads, the Russian Mafia, and even the New York Police.

I liked the Transporter movies for their crazy action and silly fun. As long as Safe doesn't take itself too seriously, I'll probably enjoy it.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't understand or get how Statham has become the new standard for action men/personas. True, all action heroes and even the genre itself can't be taken too seriously, but veteran stars like Arnold, Sylvester, Chuck, JCVD and even Carl Weathers had an undeniable, love-to-hate-them charisma, IMO. With Statham I don't feel it. I don't get it. Maybe it's his accent? Or maybe at some point you actually do grow up and can't go back? I dunno...

Edit: I just remembered In the Name of the King. EEEWWW!!!!!111

Edited by myk