1/60 Skull Squadron VF-11C

Kurisama

Fatalist, I'm past the stage of making the canard leading edges black, already decaled it and what not, but I think it looks ok without! I did toy with the idea for ages tho :D

Yeah I saw that, but as with anyone on the "net" these days, gotta toss out how "we" want it. lol. I think it looks really good as is. Now for the FAST Packs!

Really need to dig up and find pics of my old Hasegawa YF-19 done up in Hikaru DYRL colors. Had a lot of fun with that build!

Haahaha, cheers Fatalist - I have done the leg FAST packs, but the boosters - i guess i can put some 'no step' or 'danger' or some such? Maybe white 'UN SPACEY' decals on them, any suggestions? YF-19 in Hikaru DYRL scheme? Sweet!

So managed to find some Tamiya Mark Fit solution - shops i went to didn't have microsol or mr.softener or whatever - but it worked really well on the skull logo;

post-1623-0-26659300-1328760906_thumb.jpgpost-1623-0-21559200-1328760910_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Clear coat & panel lines, woot!

post-1623-0-24518000-1328764683_thumb.jpgpost-1623-0-26569300-1328764687_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurisama

Test fit after peeling off the masking tape and just having a bit of fun, really - until I get more time to spend on this. Got some weird bubbling on the lower half of the heat shield after 2 coats of clear, and a few things to fix here and there - most alarmingly; the grey trim around the optical sensor has been eaten away by the clear coat... so will need to mask and spray in grey I guess? Gundam marker didn't do a good job...

2 gunpods, for when you absolutely have to kill every Zentran in the room. Enjoy;

post-1623-0-32904300-1328846200_thumb.jpgpost-1623-0-62634500-1328846208_thumb.jpgpost-1623-0-94886000-1328846217_thumb.jpg

I am afraid your bubbling issue may be due to things not being "dry" (as in chemically stabilized/cured) enough before applying the next layer of clear coat or paint, therefore when evaporating, the gases get trapped behind the new coat. But I am no expert so I could be wrong.

As far as I know, all the variants have the same cosmetic head features, except the 11D, never seen or heard of a VF-11 S or VF-11A, tho.

I did toy with the idea of making the single barrel laser a double barreled one, via shapeways - but pulling the head apart would be a nightmare. There is no way of having lasers on either side of the head as there would be no room, the shoulder mechanisms have less than a millimeter of clearance between them and the head.

Regult, I think you're right. My impatience has mucked it up - but its my first real hard core custom, so live and learn! My TV style 1/60 Rau will benefit from all I have learned here.

Thanks for all the kind word and encouragement, everyone! This is the best forums anywhere on the net :D

Oh, Reïvaj - CF fo life, yo! Hmm... A tan and white '11...

Don't think it would be quite that simple, due to the placement of the actual arms under the shield.. but it might be possible. You might need to modify the shoulder blocks to allow it though.

One thing I did find a while back that amused me.. you can actually fit the head laser under the shield in fighter mode. I've put it that way a few times, just to see how it looked completely streamlined. ^_^

This is looking beautiful, hope you get the clear coat issues worked out. :D

Received a VF-0S in the mail this morning, and I couldn't resist :D

PS. Camera Phone.

post-1623-0-17558000-1329197818_thumb.jpg

Now all we need is a VF-4, a VF-17, a YF/VF-19, and a YF-21/VF-22 in the white/yellow/black color-scheme, and the Skull Squadron will be complete!

Heck, you're already half way there. :D

Now all we need is a VF-4, a VF-17, a YF/VF-19, and a YF-21/VF-22 in the white/yellow/black color-scheme, and the Skull Squadron will be complete!

Heck, you're already half way there. :D

I like where your head is at. Kurisama, make it so.

• 2 months later...

Heeeeeeeey guys - long time no update - been hella busy, but the semester is near an end and I can get back to this and some other projects :D

Thought I'd post some pics of my next venture with this, what do you think of the placements?

post-1623-0-24397600-1337041794_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-76313300-1337041802_thumb.jpg

You can't call yourself a noob anymore.

^____^

Thanks dude :) Feels good man :lol:

Noob status may have been jettisoned like some spent FAST Packs, but I have a long way to go!

Thanks for the compliments everyone - much appreciated!!!

So the wing attachment placement/spacing looks fine?

If you swing the wings back just a bit, can the inner missiles still stay attached to the wing? It looks to me like they'd only work when the wings are fully forward. (IMHO a lot of people seem to forget that the VF-11 swings its wings to any angle it needs depending on its speed like the VF-1 and F-14, and not JUST for transformation)