1/60 Skull Squadron VF-11C

Kurisama

I love the Skull insigia on the shield!

I've always felt that if a Valk has a sheild, what better way to identify its squadron than putting the squadron logo and fighter number on the sheild...

I've done it on all my composites and it's nice to see someone else doing it too... B))

Fatalist - I'm afraid I've only panel lined the super parts and put U.N. Spacey decals on the leg FAST packs + matte clear coats. O will have to take photos when I get home.

Scream Man - If u can afford it, do it! The price tag alone makes you be so careful when painting it.

Kelsain - I like the Isamu suit! Grey would look killer tho....

David & Zinjo - I agree, what better place to put your squad markings/decals and number? Shields are awesome!

Wow, how thick is it? Like I said, I had a similar idea for the VF-19 but the edges on the wings are so thin that they would be damaged if something clipped on to the edges. I'm assuming you're using the ridge farther in on the 11. Not something easily done on the 19. I was considering something connecting more towards the root but that's not super stable the farther out you go on the wings.

Yeah - using the ridge on the aileron. Should be able to hold the weight on the largish surface area. Just me, the yammie and some digital vernier callipers :D

I also looked into using the wing root - but that'd put stress on the root itself - can't rely on friction to keep it in. My design should allow for almost full sweeping back of the wing - I've already changes the design from the pic above.

Good luck to you on the '19!

Just my two cents, check out DH-101. A couple of these on the wings and missiles will hold them. http://www.kjmagneti...ucts.asp?cat=10

They're thin enough to look lilke hardpoint on the wings. - MT

That's a great fix, even for the VF-25 renewals. Perhaps a very thin metal strip or metal inserts, will make that work perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

High manoeuvre missiles is my guess.

Once I have a set in my hands and it all fits and works properly, I'll not only make this set available - but I will also make the missile and pylon available separately so peeps can purchase and add to their VF-1's and any other valk with attachment points.

Edited by Kurisama

Not sure of the pricing yet - although it did occur to me that if i hollow it out it will be a lot cheaper - but then I have to go to the (relatively easy) trouble of doing as such.

Benson13 - good luck on getting one! By far my most fave yammie/valkyrie - a superb toy.

Apart from the HMMs and aileron clip-on parts - I made shield adapters for the VF-11 too, mostly inspired by the way my GN-U Dou can pose the shield. Allows for 6 different shield positions. Hope people dig it - can't wait to see how it turns out IRL;

post-1623-0-49283900-1339594831_thumb.jpg

And better screen caps of the HMM and aileron clip-ons;

post-1623-0-74551700-1339594834_thumb.jpgpost-1623-0-92816000-1339594827_thumb.jpg

No more update on this until about this time next week I guess?

Apart from the HMMs and aileron clip-on parts - I made shield adapters for the VF-11 too, mostly inspired by the way my GN-U Dou can pose the shield. Allows for 6 different shield positions. Hope people dig it - can't wait to see how it turns out IRL;

post-1623-0-49283900-1339594831_thumb.jpg

No more update on this until about this time next week I guess?

Great idea!!! Will have to get a couple sets when you make them available.

• 2 weeks later...