VC-33 Mom's kitchen Model Kit

tundrayeti

vc-33 Mom's kitchen model  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Scale should I do this in?

Can't wait! It's been agonizing! I really want to hold this kit in my grubby little mitts. Please be the best Yeti ever and get this kit to meeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,................................................................................................................................................................................................. ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................

........................................................................................

thank you!

Edited by jardann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I PMed him about 12 days ago to see about mine. He said he would be shipping mine out in a few days, but nothing yet. I always get a response when trying to contact him so communication remains OK. It's just been a long wait. I'm really looking forward to getting the kit! I haven't seen a build up yet, so hopefully it gets here quick and maybe I'll be able to do a build thread for it.

Edited by jardann

Hello all. Been a rough week had a death in the family. Got some new workers that are here to help. I know it's been long. The post office losing 10 kits really hit hard. I will be focusing on getting the rest out here. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

So sorry to hear about your family's loss. My sympathies to you and your family.

Whoah! The PO lost 10 kits! That has to be nearly a back breaker. I hope you had the packages insured or something so they aren't a complete loss. Definitely sending you good thoughts and hope for a positive change in luck as the year progresses. Like I said, I'm really looking forward to the kit and to continued cool products from your studio.

Take care,

Bill

Thanks guys. Besides the logistics issues (decals) that has been the biggest reason for the delays. The post office has been very slow with the insurance claims and I've had to fork it out of my own pocket. But no fear I should have this wrapped up soon and I promise more cool stuff is on the way. I have taken steps to ensure that everything in my studio is now done in house. I have a coue 3d printers coming online soon as well as decals etc etc. so 2014 will be an exciting year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for your loss, it's always sad

Yes, the post office guys are really... No, I can't say... :angry:

Already one package lost a long time ago (about three months) and one in the waiting stage (not yet in the post I'd say)

A really long loonng wait!

But it's worth it, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that my kit arrived last Thursday. Yea!!!! It looks really cool! The fuselage is one serious piece of resin! :ph34r::D

I was hoping to do a little mini review on the boards over the weekend, but just didn't find the time. Anyway, I'll go into more detail later, but just wanted to confirm that my kit arrived.

Thanks to Jason for sticking to it and getting these kits out to us. I am excited about fitting this into my build queue. B))

• 1 month later...

Yeti, Since this project started with 3D designs... Have you thinking about redo the Mom's Kitchen in 3D printer, with a higher level of details?

None that I have my own printers, I will be doing printed parts. Mainly landing gear and rear stabilizers. As for the instructions most folks were following the design pics and were able to follow but I could do some up if needed. I had one on display at wonderfest done in grey. I'll see about some color. If anyone wants some upgraded parts I can provide them at cost of shipping and a small charge for material. I already went through the molding and casting so I can't give them out. But it shouldn't be expensive. I'll do up a batch and give pricing on the upgrades at reduced cost. I'll work with everyone to try and work something out.

Keep in mind also that when I did this kit, 3d printing was expensive. Some of the parts I had printed simply because they were more detailed and less expensive to print. The wheels on the landing gear were all printed. Did a test run with the seats and landing gear and I got some good results. Any money I have made on these kits has gone into refining and improving the quality of the kits. So now that I have 3d printers of my own, I can make masters and small parts cheaper. The printing cost for the masters alone was immense. So having said that, I am compiling a list of those that want replacements. Neko, I appreciate your patience, your order is taking a bit longer so that I can include the ground support vehicles as well. The molds gave out a while ago and since you were one of the ones whose kit was lost in the mail I'm printing you replacements for those as well. It takes time. Those are being done now. So folks I hope to have this all finished up soon.

Titanic work :ohmy: !

I'm sure you're doing your best

3d printing looks like an easy job, but, as I received my 3d printer, I can tell it isn't!

The items I'm trying to print doesn't stick on the heated bed and each and every print is lost :(

And I'm not even talking of creation, just printing!

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrades are finished printing. It goes out this week. Your kit was one of the ones the post office "lost". You will be getting the upgraded parts in this kit. Again I apologize for the wait I have been getting these out as soon as I can.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...