Variable Fighter Master File VF-0

Penguin

Ordered!!

I must admit I'm a little surprised to see the VF-0 as the latest edition to the master file family.

For some reason I thought the VF-4 would be next, but I think that was based on the teaser picture shown in one of the other master files.

o.O

As usual, GA graphic doesn't have any PR on their homepage. >.<

I'm surprised that it's the VF-0 (and SV-51? wish!) I was expecting the VF-27/29, VF-11, VF-171 (in THAT order) to be first. I guess the classic VF-1 shape sells.

But the question is... even with the SV-51, even with the VF-0 Kai Zeak, even with the VF-X, VF-X-1, and even with GBP-2S and the other odds and ends on the VF-1 that aren't in the 2 VF-1 books, is there enough material on the VF-0 to fill up a book?!?!?

Edited by sketchley

o.O

As usual, GA graphic doesn't have any PR on their homepage. >.<

I'm surprised that it's the VF-0 (and SV-51? wish!) I was expecting the VF-27/29, VF-11, VF-171 (in THAT order) to be first. I guess the classic VF-1 shape sells.

But the question is... even with the SV-51, even with the VF-0 Kai Zeak, even with the VF-X, VF-X-1, and even with GBP-2S and the other odds and ends on the VF-1 that aren't in the 2 VF-1 books, is there enough material on the VF-0 to fill up a book?!?!?

Fictional OT upgraded F-14 and MIG-29, Ghosts, Reactive Armor, some Unification Wars stuff, yeah more than enough to fill a book.

Edited by hulagu

10th anniversary makes sense.

If it's anything like the preceding issues, I highly doubt if we'll get more than a paragraph or two on any VF or fighter not in the book's title. We'll be lucky if we get some specific details on the Full Armour (looking at the VF-25 book...), and even more lucky if we get more than 10 non-fighter mode pictures.

Request to the editors: brighten the images before printing! Yeah, they look great on a PC monitor... but they're dark when printed >.<

My suspicion is that it's less Macross Zero 10th anniversary-related, more Variable Fighter Master File "Anything We Can Get A Model Kit Of" related. :lol:

Seriously though, I was perusing the Master Files we've got so far, and noted that there are precious few full colour "live" shots of anything they had to generate through purely CG (unless more of the VF-19 shots are not altered models than I suspect). Don't know that I'd expect releases with anything that doesn't have a mass-market kit released, unless they shift to more line art and less "live".

Edited by Penguin

Well, there are a lot of VF-19A derivatives in there too. Like I wrote... unless more of the VF-19 shots are not altered models than I suspect. If they're ready to do full-CG books, then maybe the Yamato VF-17S will inspire them to do a VF-17/VF-171 next (yay!). I just found it notable that every release so far was backed up by model kits. Could just be the aligning fact that hero planes get more kits and sell more books too.

Really, we don't want re-releases of the Zero toy. The whole thing could do with a total redesign IMO.

Or at least make the whole thing much tighter with stronger shoulder/elbow/knee joints made out of a plastic that is not going to self-destruct!

Graham

Great news! Though given how the GA variable fighter master file books have always been delayed I doubt it'll be released as per schedule in feb.

A thought came to me the other day. Wasn't it the discovery of the SDF1 and overtech that enabled variable fighter tech? And wasn't the need for battroid primarily to counter the large humanoid zentrans?

Was there ever any explanation of how the vf0 and sv51 were possible before the discovery of overtech? And battroid mode?

Really, we don't want re-releases of the Zero toy. The whole thing could do with a total redesign IMO.

Or at least make the whole thing much tighter with stronger shoulder/elbow/knee joints made out of a plastic that is not going to self-destruct!

Graham

Yes.

...And a 0D.

I don't think I can say that enough. I wants a 0D!!

Macross Zero takes place in 2008 on the timeline. The ASS-1 crashed to earth in 1999. There was plenty of time to reverse-engineer the overtechnology on the ship and apply it to a new fighter design (the VF-0 and VF-1). At the time, the fact that the ASS-1's former inhabitants were giants, was still a classified matter... but at least someone knew. That's why they decided to create a variable fighter.

Great news! Though given how the GA variable fighter master file books have always been delayed I doubt it'll be released as per schedule in feb.

A thought came to me the other day. Wasn't it the discovery of the SDF1 and overtech that enabled variable fighter tech? And wasn't the need for battroid primarily to counter the large humanoid zentrans?

Was there ever any explanation of how the vf0 and sv51 were possible before the discovery of overtech? And battroid mode?

Macross Zero takes place AFTER the SDF-1 crash, which sparked off the Unification Wars.

The bright light Shin remembers from his childhood is the crash.

This is in contrast to the Robotech version of the timeline where the crash ended WW3.

Macross Zero takes place in 2008 on the timeline. The ASS-1 crashed to earth in 1999. There was plenty of time to reverse-engineer the overtechnology on the ship and apply it to a new fighter design (the VF-0 and VF-1). At the time, the fact that the ASS-1's former inhabitants were giants, was still a classified matter... but at least someone knew. That's why they decided to create a variable fighter.

... and the only reason why the VF-0 and SV-51 are so large is because they're basically test-beds of the technology in a frame that uses conventional engines; as theremonuclear ones hadn't been developed (note: added just to cover all the bases; especially to fend off size disparity questions).

... and the only reason why the VF-0 and SV-51 are so large is because they're basically test-beds of the technology in a frame that uses conventional engines; as theremonuclear ones hadn't been developed (note: added just to cover all the bases; especially to fend off size disparity questions).

Ah... thanks for the explanations guys. Somehow I keep on thinking that M0 occurred before the SDF crash landed. Prob due to the fact that my earliest exposure to Macross was Robotech :p

Graham

Talk to Yamato about this and out comes my VISA card!! B))

Preordered. The stories should, at the very least, be interesting reads since we're dealing with purely terrestrial and relatively modern proceedings. It should be fun to see what fiction they come up with. I hope the CG/pics are up to snuff. The last four books illustrations were far too dark and their CG/texture work could be improved. Let's hope for some spectacular 0D pics as well.

Funny you should mention that... as I was looking them up (for another site) earlier today.

It's not there. But you can keep checking this: http://www.amazon.co...sl_5elyc2kigh_e

(in short it's a search for "Variable Fighter Master File" on the site.

The Softbank Creative page w/ same search: http://www.sbcr.jp/search.php?w=%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB

This site: http://www.getchu.co...phtml?id=730979

has some info of note:

• 予定価格: ¥2,730 (税抜¥2,600)

• メディア: 書籍

• ISBN-13: 9784797368086