1/60 VF-1J Gray Goggle Version?

halonameis

Yea this is the newest ad most updated 1J I think you can buy, and it's called the more "accurate" version since it has the grey around the head monitor/visor thing. I honestly grabbed one a few months back when HLJ had them, I finally completed my vermilion squad thanks to this thing.

myself, i actually PREFER the 1J Hik T.V. without the "Grey Goggles"

perhaps one of the lead designers over at YAMATO happened to feel the same way,

and thus decided to specify the final pruduction samples as unpainted?

at any rate... i don't really see why YAMATO couldn't have just provided an extra goggled head as an option,

especially considering the detachable design of the 1/60v.II VF-1 and all.

then again, being so generous as that certainly would have rendered the web-exclusive approach fairly moot...

Yea this is the newest ad most updated 1J I think you can buy, and it's called the more "accurate" version since it has the grey around the head monitor/visor thing. I honestly grabbed one a few months back when HLJ had them, I finally completed my vermilion squad thanks to this thing.

Why is it called the more "accurate" version?

Ok, I know that, so I guess the question now is why a few seconds in DYRL and one episode in SDF:M makes it the most "accurate" version? Is Hikaru's VF-1J inaccurate?

Oh, I was going with since the grey visor came with the GBP, and the vf-1j + GBP in show had the grey visor, that the grey visor was more accurate for that particular combo and not just in general.

Honestly, when I bought the Armor with launch effect parts, I bought the white goggle version so it would pair better with the 1/48 armor 1J.

I guess I could buy another if it was at a reasonable price just to have a 1J hikaru without armor on display.

Edited by Loop

I guess I could buy another if it was at a reasonable price just to have a 1J hikaru without armor on display.

Actually, I did just that! I originally picked up the 1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts because I really liked the GBP-1S and grey goggle combo. Later, I decided I couldn't live without the Web Exclusive Armor, so I broke down and bought one at a premium (still kicking myself for not getting one during the original release). Then I decided that I wanted to display a DYRL grey goggle 1J with the fired missiles effect GBP-1S AND an SDFM white goggle 1J with the rest of the Vermillion Squardron. I lucked out on the last 1J Hikaru from Hobby Search at an amazing (I think) $85 shipped...AND it was the renewal version with the clear canopy and new hip lock mechanism! Now I'm a happy camper :D .

Actually, I did just that! I originally picked up the 1J Hikaru w/ Armor Parts because I really liked the GBP-1S and grey goggle combo. Later, I decided I couldn't live without the Web Exclusive Armor, so I broke down and bought one at a premium (still kicking myself for not getting one during the original release). Then I decided that I wanted to display a DYRL grey goggle 1J with the fired missiles effect GBP-1S AND an SDFM white goggle 1J with the rest of the Vermillion Squardron. I lucked out on the last 1J Hikaru from Hobby Search at an amazing (I think) $85 shipped...AND it was the renewal version with the clear canopy and new hip lock mechanism! Now I'm a happy camper :D .

Glad to hear you finally got the launch effect parts version,welcome to the club! :D I know you payed alot more than I did, but I am wondering how you like it price aside?

Personnaly I love the set :)

Edited by Loop

I was so tempted to get the Gray Goggle version as well because I like it that way, and it's the updated crotch with clear canopy.

At the end, I settle down the regular version from HLJ with 40% discount because that gray goggle version is always on its top msrp price. Those regular VF-1J selling at HLJ are updated version, so I just paint the goggle gray instead.

I already have 3 Hikkie VF-1J.

a. Old crotch, tinted canopy from Super VF-1J bundle.

b. Gray goggle VF-1J with old crotch, tinted canopy from GBP-1S bundle.

c. Latest standalone VF-1J, updated crotch and clear canopy, but have the goggle painted gray.

Glad to hear you finally got the launch effect parts version,welcome to the club! :D I know you payed alot more than I did, but I am wondering how you like it price aside?

Personnaly I love the set :)

To be completely honest, I haven't had the time or space to display it yet. When it first came out I wasn't a fan, and thought the thing looked like it was launching cans of shaving cream :D . However, I later realized that it lends to some very dynamic and awesome looking poses, so I bit the bullet and snagged one. Now I can't wait to get a larger display case to showcase this badboy!

Edited by Old Man

• 1 year later...

I feel like an ass for skipping out on the grey goggles version years ago. Now I have a big hole in my collection where a VF-1J should be :(

Edited by xrentonx

personally i like the grey goggled one inside the armor, the naked 1J gets the normal white visor. its just the way i always had them. i switch the heads once and i thought it looked a bit odd. lol. i dunno,

Same here!!

IIRC the goggle on the M&M is metallic gray, but the paint on Hikkie 1J is just plain gray.

DIY is fairly easy. I picked up a regular standalone VF-1J from HLJ last year to paint it gray because it comes with improved crotch and tint-less canopy. The only reason that I would grabbed the goggled one is for the box, which I think I should have done that back then.

I never mod my stuff, and I managed to do the goggles metallic gray on my 1J - looks great.

Have courage all you naked goggled 1J owners - get a Gundam pen or paint jar and brush, have a cocktail and make it happen...

Never EVER drink and build models and or modify Yamato's...LOL.

• 3 years later...

So i just picked one of these up, and it came without the label of the "VF-1J Grey Goggle version" with the Valk graphic on the box, just a plain white box.. Has anyone else seen it like that? The photos showed the graphic, but it came just white mailer box, no one has bootlegged a Yamato before right?