MBR-04-Mk VI Destroid Tomahawk

Jefuemon

Here's my latest build; the Tomahawk Destroid from Wave. Fun kit to build. Went together fast and easy, with minimal seams to putty and sand. I was going for a Vietnam War era tiger stripe cammo scheme. Don't think I quite got that, but I've very happy with what I did get.

post-12411-0-36196900-1325838769_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-33310600-1325838796_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-68839900-1325838826_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-70466000-1325838850_thumb.jpg

a few more pics can been seen here

Excellent work, but I think that the mud does not look too real.

Yeah, it was the first time trying out my Mr Color weathering set, which I've had for close to 10 years. Very surprised that the paint was still OK after sitting in the bottle that long. Just need to practice a bit more.

Fantastic job on that kit. It looks great! I don't usually care too much for camo schemes on destroiods, but your SEA camo turned out quite nice if you ask me. I have to agree on the mud, it needs some volume/chunkiness maybe and color variation to make it look a little bit more appropriate. Everything else looks lively and very realistic.

Great job! I'd have to say the camo is more 90's like you see from that era. It looks great all the same. If you've never heard of adding talcum podwer to your paint to make it "chuncky", it works great. I also had some Tamiya paints that lasted about 20 years! The secret is to keep them in an airtight container like a modern ammo can. - MT

The scheme looks great, are you planning a diorama for it?

If I had the room, I might. My display space is already at a premium.

And Mechtech, thanks for the pointer. I'll try that next time I want to get down and dirty.

Yeah, it was the first time trying out my Mr Color weathering set, which I've had for close to 10 years. Very surprised that the paint was still OK after sitting in the bottle that long. Just need to practice a bit more.

The good thing about this is that after you take control of the technique, you can simply apply it above this one. Just practice!