As this bleeds into the other hot topic that's going on right now, let me take this opportunity to point out that Big West does not draw/animate anything. It is an advertising agency that only serves as the rights-holder and license-manager for Macross, it doesn't do any hands-on production.

I didn't know that they actually did any advertising. I thought they were just a financing company that had their fingers in just about everything they could get their hands on. Kinda like Index Corp were never really an entertainment company but just funded and subbed everything they could.. actually they were more like a pachinko company I think..

If thats the case then so be it. However, its traditional for the source master to be much larger than the cuts. If that is the case then the source could be scaled to anything they want. Which is where Mr March was coming from. I am not sure what kind of finishing there would be post processing but it would be good to see this series in 16:9. That too me, more than simply HD would actually be something to see.

There's typically a little excess around the edges to ensure no incomplete art makes it into the frame(and to ensure that everything important dodges the typical overscan area of a television of the era), but nothing like what you're imagining is available. Something like ten percent of the total frame area, which isn't much.

Edited by JB0

Of you want a cropped 16:9 version, use your players zoom function. If you're happy with Animeigo's over-processed remaster, then enjoy.

If you want to see just how beautiful Macross can look, then pick up the Japanese BD's.

As this bleeds into the other hot topic that's going on right now, let me take this opportunity to point out that Big West does not draw/animate anything. It is an advertising agency that only serves as the rights-holder and license-manager for Macross, it doesn't do any hands-on production.

Since we have no way of ever knowing which production studio Big West would choose were it to engage in this highly improbable and non-existent extended/re-animation of the SDF Macross series, my original post stands just fine as is. Leave the posts another topic in the other topic where they belong, instead of co-opting mine as if they were wrong, thank you.

Edited by Mr March

I was hoping to get back to nhyone's comparison shots, which resurrected this thread.

For me, I don't know if the spatial/temporal denoise would be worth the loss of visual information. The NLmeans denoise is interesting, though, even given the odd tinting and the cut down effects in the opening sequence examples on the last page. The clean shots from the bonus disc are great. Having seen how much effort other studios have put forward when cleaning old prints (for example, the BBC cleaning up and restoring classic Doctor Who), I can appreciate the effort.

If there is a software filter that can get close to that, then wow. B)) Pretty cool.

Since we have no way of ever knowing which production studio Big West would choose were it to engage in this highly improbable and non-existent extended/re-animation of the SDF Macross series, my original post stands just fine as is. Leave the posts another topic in the other topic where they belong, instead of co-opting mine as if they were wrong, thank you.

But your phrasing of "Big West would have to draw/animate additional material" might lead people to believe that BW is an animation studio, which it is not, so I wanted to set the record straight. As I have said many times, all it takes is one incorrect statement to set off an internet-wide fallacy. It is especially bad when it comes to Macross. I want to take every opportunity to correct, and make sure that there is no confusion.

Also, I can't leave them in the other topic because it is locked.

Lastly, I wouldn't say "we have no way of ever knowing". It would most likely be Satelight.

@Paladinrja: The blu-ray remaster already did a lot to improve the image. I think the modern denoise filters are interesting because they do seem to provide a digital wash to the material for those who like that look. Personally, as much as I'm curiosity about the technology, I prefer having some of the original grain.

But I don't know how much grain is enough, because I haven't seen Macross on film. Those closest to the material would know and that's why I'm glad that I have the blu-ray box set.

As an aside, Disney has done similar restoration and clean-up work with its own classic catalog titles like Pinnochio, Cindarella, Snow White, and so on - all of which were animated using the aspect ratio of 1.35:1, otherwise known as 4:3, and all of which are much improved on blu-ray.

@Paladinrja: The blu-ray remaster already did a lot to improve the image. I think the modern denoise filters are interesting because they do seem to provide a digital wash to the material for those who like that look. Personally, as much as I'm curiosity about the technology, I prefer having some of the original grain.

Yeah, I do too, especially for the old anime. Thats how I was introduced to it and so thats what I try to keep a semblance of. However you have actually provided me with some insight with what you have spoken about here that has now inspired me to try something. Thank you. :)

As I have said many times, all it takes is one incorrect statement to set off an internet-wide fallacy.

You can't be serious... Granted socialization on the internet tends to like to go off into silliness. but let people talk. If you are confident in your knowledge then you can always politely correct anything you consider an oversight because it may just be only as simple as that. Most people are mature enough that no matter what they take away from a discussion to check their sources and facts before reciting them elsewhere.

Most people whom are that interested in Macross know Big West are mostly financial backing and I have never seen it listed anywhere as anything else. This is like that whole need to firmly plant Studio Nue as a design body only. Thats actually inaccurate, they are not a huge studio but are capable of producing small projects which I believe they have been doing since the early 70's. Most are; or are at the very least capable of doing the body of work to be finished somewhere else and get it done, especially in the old days where there were a lot of small studio's that worked collaboratively.

For something of the scope of Macross, well yah, they are not equipped and so Tatsunoko Pro are. None of which was even my point. It would have been enough to say "Ok, not the best analogy but I get what you mean". Its wonderful to have individuals that are clear about the processes in any topic but its not fair for you or them that all that comes to is a license to be paranoid.

No ones lighting a fire under the internets rump over these little factoids, I assure you, even if you may have been unfortunate enough to have experienced the contrary.

Lastly, I wouldn't say "we have no way of ever knowing". It would most likely be Satelight.

That would make sense. They're digital and currently already on the Macross bandwagon. Just to recap though, anyone whom is happy with what they know is brave enough to be wrong and let others be wrong.

As an example:~

It took hundreds of people eager for information about Nintendo's Wii U to socialize it away from Gen 8 consoles. All on the word of a hardware cracker innocently looking to provoke a discussion about the platform specs. No one bothered to hang around and hear the guy caution that his initial spec discovery had peculiarities associated or self confess that he is not proficient with IBM SoI. It didn't stop everyone in the initial thread from going nuts eager to tell the world that the Wii U is a weak hardware platform, based solely on it not meeting an expected megahertz threshold and everyone ignorant of the fact that its was diagnosed incorrectly to begin with. In reality that appraisal couldn't be further from the truth.

..But that was hundreds of console warriors in a topic about an unknown platform. Not a few people talking about something well documented and easily corrected in good faith. ;)

Edited by Paladinrja

As an example:~

It took hundreds of people eager for information about Nintendo's Wii U to socialize it away from Gen 8 consoles. All on the word of a hardware cracker innocently looking to provoke a discussion about the platform specs. No one bothered to hang around and hear the guy caution that his initial spec discovery had peculiarities associated or self confess that he is not proficient with IBM SoI. It didn't stop everyone in the initial thread from going nuts eager to tell the world that the Wii U is a weak hardware platform, based solely on it not meeting an expected megahertz threshold and everyone ignorant of the fact that its was diagnosed incorrectly to begin with. In reality that appraisal couldn't be further from the truth.

..But that was hundreds of console warriors in a topic about an unknown platform. Not a few people talking about something well documented and easily corrected in good faith. ;)

It's funny that you complain about people trying to nip misinformation in the bud before it gets out of hand and becomes gospel truth(as it has in the past with this franchise's tortured history), and then reference Wikipedia's godawful incompetent list of console generations, which was rather blatantly penned by a Nintendo fanboy with no actual knowledge of gaming history other than "everything before the NES sucked and Nintendo invented everything".

Aside from trying to force an impression of lockstep console releases that simply didn't exist before the turn of the century, they also actively marginalize all pre-Nintendo hardware(and a good deal of early post-Nintendo hardware).

Eighth generation my left buttcheek. The current crop of consoles is, by any sane tiering, closer to the sixteenth.

But no one will ever stop people from quoting Wikipedia's game console generations at this point. It was left too long unopposed, and by the time the people that cared KNEW about the gross ineptitude taking place, it'd already become too firmly entrenched.

In short, a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth. And that is why those with knowledge are so eager to correct your (sometimes grave) misunderstandings.

But no one will ever stop people from quoting Wikipedia's game console generations at this point. It was left too long unopposed, and by the time the people that cared KNEW about the gross ineptitude taking place, it'd already become too firmly entrenched.

This is true, because learning is hard and (to quote Spaceballs), "Good is dumb." ;) Wikipedia is lazy research.

I think Paladinrja has a bunch of legitimate newb-ish questions. If only there was a Macross site that had resources and links where members were giving back to the community. I mean, there must be a site like that close at hand, but the name is escaping me.

For my part, I'm not well versed in Macross mythology like the senior members that have been contributing to Paldinrja's threads. I wish I were so that I could give more of a contribution, but I've only just started to scratch the surface with the literature that's available. I do agree that having a deeper understanding of the source material can further one's enjoyment of the show, but I also think that it isn't necessary to dive in the deep end if you are merely a casual viewer or in it for just the anime and the music.

It's funny that you complain about...

I am not complaining about anything. Way to miss the point of my example.

I won't derail the thread by getting into a debate about gaming but the fact that this is on the cards is actually a nice illustration about my point regarding 'interpretation'. No gamer is going to be excessively happy with how mainstream society actually defines a gaming generation but then most gamers don't feel the need to combat it.

Fact its the N'th generation of consoles because that coincides with the componentry and technologies implemented, so you are not wrong there at all. However, In gaming terms its supposedly 8th generation of game soft, which is about multiple render targets, asymmetric UX, asynchronous UI and Augmented Reality. Unfortunately due to online socialization of the mainstream, that never really gets explored as only one platform is doing that and it doesn't have popular support being in a space completely removed from what the bulk of the industry calls "next gen". Thus as far as I am concerned we are still in 7th Gen. So the mainstream may not illustrate their interpretation on point, but its also (by the same token) technically correct. I don't disagree with your overall sentiment in your post but then it doesn't affect me either. I am quite happy for people to believe what they want because nothing is going to prevent that anyway, just based on each individual investment alone. It has nothing to do with wikipedia and everything to do with online socialization and certain rather forceful loud individuals that can't abide the idea that what they are comfortable with can be challenged and therefore changed.

No matter what anyone says. Macross, or any anime's supportive mythology, is derived from dramatization and therefore completely open to interpretation in the larger forum. There are not those with knowledge or those in possession of some empirical truth regarding it, not even by those whom are responsible for its continuity.

What you and some others need to understand is that no one is out to debunk your consensus, but that is a two way process. By the same token you can absolutely forget anyone coming to these forums in order to enter into a hive mind ~ Thats not going to happen and I offer that its that very kind of thinking that is the root cause of all the debate surrounding Macross for decades past. I am aware of this, but also aware that much could have been avoided if people were more open to receiving the ideas of others. This is having gone through so much of the same bog of pointless semantic debate and also what has kept me away from community discussion surrounding Macross in the past and I dare say so many fans feel the same way.

I hate to tell you but if your stance is that your burden of facts belies any other possibility of interpretation of a mythos, then you are going to have to prove that through entertaining every other differentiating interpretation presented to its conclusion. That is what makes an authority, an authority. An interpretation is not an opinion, it also uses the same process you have gained a consensus from, with others or no one. Not a battery of empiricisms used to reject the interpretations of others that have the guts to put that out there only to have that shut down because you feel too weary having to go over what may feel to like the same ground. There are no laurels here.

A community is about sharing a common interest. Any time I have felt that wasn't me, I ceased to be part of that community or at the very least, simply have decided to stay out of topics I no longer feel like repeating myself over.

For my part, I'm not well versed in Macross mythology like the senior members that have been contributing to Paldinrja's threads. I wish I were so that I could give more of a contribution, but I've only just started to scratch the surface with the literature that's available. I do agree that having a deeper understanding of the source material can further one's enjoyment of the show, but I also think that it isn't necessary to dive in the deep end if you are merely a casual viewer or in it for just the anime and the music.

You don't have to be well versed in the supporting material. There are always those that are and failing that, plenty of information available online that gets the gist across. Unless you are interested in getting into semantic debate, any real authority should be able to follow, collaborate and explore your interpretations. Specific corrections can always be made at whatever point the main part of a discussion has reached a conclusion/consensus. Its not a competition to see who can shut down topicality the fastest. That only communicates that there is no need for discussion at all.

I have only attempted to make one thread. Anything else is me just offering what I know and an interest in driving whatever thread I have commented on forward; which is where someone such as yourself has been able to provide me with insight over my own nascent quandries that is much appreciated. :)

Edited by Paladinrja

For me, I don't know if the spatial/temporal denoise would be worth the loss of visual information. The NLmeans denoise is interesting, though, even given the odd tinting and the cut down effects in the opening sequence examples on the last page.

There is some loss, but I think it is negligible. For grain, the key is to go light on spatial denoise, but use medium/strong temporal denoise. This does not reduce much details, IMO.

Original

post-128-0-48082600-1442671039_thumb.png

Denoise

post-128-0-85367300-1442671076_thumb.png

NLMeans (light) denoise

post-128-0-70344900-1442671102_thumb.png

This is not a grainy frame at all. The point is to show the details are retained. They have been resized to 900px, though.

What is interesting to me is that I need to use strong temporal denoise to remove the grain, but with NLMeans, I just need to use light strength. (Although that does not work for the opening.)

The clean shots from the bonus disc are great. Having seen how much effort other studios have put forward when cleaning old prints (for example, the BBC cleaning up and restoring classic Doctor Who), I can appreciate the effort.

If there is a software filter that can get close to that, then wow. B)) Pretty cool.

Personally, I don't think they cleaned it up, but they just happened to have the print lying around. I believe that because the footage was on the 2008 Remastered DVDs too.

To grain or not to grain can be a heated topic. :D Mass-market will demand less grain. Even the Nausicaa blu-ray from the 2014 Miyazaki Hayao Complete Box was de-grained significantly.

For me, I prefer the source to keep the grain because it seems to be easier -- you just need tons of bitrate. Degrain is a path fraught with issues. (If I messed up on my end, I can just do it again.)

For comparison to the DVDs.

The 2008 Bandai remastered DVD (from Galaxy Network DVD-rip)

post-128-0-03312200-1442673386_thumb.png

The AnimEigo DVD

post-128-0-20244100-1442673392_thumb.png

(Resized to 640x480 for the proper aspect ratio.)

You can see the Bandai DVD image retains most of the details. I stand by my statement that the Bandai DVDs are good enough. :p

The AnimEigo DVD framing is a little looser, that's the only good thing about it.

There is some loss, but I think it is negligible. For grain, the key is to go light on spatial denoise, but use medium/strong temporal denoise. This does not reduce much details, IMO.

That denoise cap I really like. May I ask which source you are using and what ls:cs:lt:ct (Luma spacial/temporal: Chroma spacial/temporal) you are using? I am going to use the Madman PAL discs and try to soften the blow of some of the artifacts introduced in production which annoy. I was thinking of using 1:1:3:3 or 1:1:4:4 for a slight reduction in file size whilst packing more quality in using Handbrake.

I won't derail the thread by getting into a debate about gaming but the fact that this is on the cards is actually a nice illustration about my point regarding 'interpretation'. No gamer is going to be excessively happy with how mainstream society actually defines a gaming generation but then most gamers don't feel the need to combat it.

'Cept mainstream society just calls it the new XBox or Nintendo. Gamers are the only ones rambling about generations.

Fact its the N'th generation of consoles because that coincides with the componentry and technologies implemented, so you are not wrong there at all. However, In gaming terms its supposedly 8th generation of game soft, which is about multiple render targets, asymmetric UX, asynchronous UI and Augmented Reality. ... It has nothing to do with wikipedia and everything to do with online socialization and certain rather forceful loud individuals that can't abide the idea that what they are comfortable with can be challenged and therefore changed.

Any way you spin it, it's an after-the-fact justification of Wikipedia having a poor classification that's already gained too much traction to end. It's all spinning stories to try and justify why 1+1=3 instead of admitting 1+1=2.

As someone who DOES care about that history that's being so horribly misrepresented, I hate that such a blatant wrongness is being perpetuated so heavily.

And it really does have a lot to do with Wikipedia. It's TERRIFYING how many people use Teh Wikiz as a reliable, ironclad source of accurate information, and erroneous information on that website can rapidly become very widespread because of it.

No matter what anyone says. Macross, or any anime's supportive mythology, is derived from dramatization and therefore completely open to interpretation in the larger forum. There are not those with knowledge or those in possession of some empirical truth regarding it, not even by those whom are responsible for its continuity.

What you and some others need to understand is that no one is out to debunk your consensus, but that is a two way process. By the same token you can absolutely forget anyone coming to these forums in order to enter into a hive mind ~ Thats not going to happen and I offer that its that very kind of thinking that is the root cause of all the debate surrounding Macross for decades past.

You're acting like this is some cult tenet we're arguing about instead of the cartoons being discussed explicitly saying something other than your personal theory. Sometimes consensus is as simple as "the show explicitly says this, and there's no reason whatsoever to believe the characters are lying."

As an example, you won't see me denying the existence of fold faults and analyzing how fold quartz works to speed up fold travel in the absence of faults, because it was rather clearly laid out in Frontier that fold faults are a thing and that fold quartz lets you ignore them.

I hate what they did, and consider it a very ill-considered addition to the setting, but I won't ignore the facts just because I don't like them.

Also, I don't think you're thinking about the same historical franchise strife that I'm thinking of.

I hate to tell you but if your stance is that your burden of facts belies any other possibility of interpretation of a mythos, then you are going to have to prove that through entertaining every other differentiating interpretation presented to its conclusion. That is what makes an authority, an authority. An interpretation is not an opinion, it also uses the same process you have gained a consensus from, with others or no one. Not a battery of empiricisms used to reject the interpretations of others that have the guts to put that out there only to have that shut down because you feel too weary having to go over what may feel to like the same ground. There are no laurels here.

When one thing is EXPLICITLY stated to be one way, and the interpretation in question is that this explicitly stated thing is actually another way, then no, it's not a matter of interpretation and rigorous proof.

Sometimes it really is that simple. There's places where there's a lot of room for interpretation and analysis, and places where there just isn't.

I have only attempted to make one thread. Anything else is me just offering what I know and an interest in driving whatever thread I have commented on forward; which is where someone such as yourself has been able to provide me with insight over my own nascent quandries that is much appreciated. :)

I do try. As do a few other people who you have been less appreciative towards.

Also, you seem to be misusing "semantic" an awful lot, just FYI. It's generally better to correctly use a smaller word than to misuse a bigger one.

'Cept mainstream society just calls it the new XBox or Nintendo. Gamers are the only ones rambling about generations.

I have a different take on that being a gamer and tech head myself. However I don't deny that this is the case. In short its really about console warriors and their particular concerns.

As someone who DOES care about that history that's being so horribly misrepresented, I hate that such a blatant wrongness is being perpetuated so heavily.

And it really does have a lot to do with Wikipedia. It's TERRIFYING how many people use Teh Wikiz as a reliable, ironclad source of accurate information, and erroneous information on that website can rapidly become very widespread because of it.

I am not of the Wiki generation nor did I allow my kids to be mostly because it became fairly clear that anyone can say anything in what I understood was a mechanism designed to be a depository of facts. It clearly isn't used as such so I understand your concern. My vocation is in IT and of course game design is a part of the same overall field. That I am a gamer means I am happy to explain the Wii U but of course public perception prevents any authority I may possess or subscribe to from permeating any misunderstandings that widely socialize. Increasingly we live in a world where anything less than perceptively approaching perfection is therefore irrelevant. There is no such thing as failure, every failure is perceived as a complete failure. You may feel that shouldn't be the case but it is; that is how public perception works until things change. We can sit and epiphany a conversation about this til the cows come home. Which is kinda the reason why things are like this. Too many bright cookies with too much information to spew in academic recital and semantic debate means people protect themselves with ignorance. The problem then becomes that you have a buncha people that have to win at any cost and a larger bunch of people that feel they will never be good enough and increasingly can't be bothered. This is the larger problem.

I personally like the Wii U, especially with the very loosely Macross/Eureka style Xenoblade Chronicles X about to drop and the new Starfox game with TV third person world view and gamepad screen first person cockpit view that you can pan around the cockpit and is used for precision targeting, instrument fidgeting; has multiple vehicles and in particular Airwings that now have a Gerwalk mode.

Sometimes it really is that simple. There's places where there's a lot of room for interpretation and analysis, and places where there just isn't.

Also, you seem to be misusing "semantic" an awful lot, just FYI. It's generally better to correctly use a smaller word than to misuse a bigger one.

Yes and I will display just how simple it was. I was pointed to a particular episode and a particular segment (twice) where I almost blatantly transcribed the scene and dialogue in a synapse and was twice rebuttaled refuting their own supportive argument. So, had my point refuted to be then twice refuted corroborating the debaters own arguments, twice. Lordy, lordy! What does it all mean!? I am also pretty sure I am terming semantic debates as exactly what they are and quite correctly.

I do try. As do a few other people who you have been less appreciative towards.

Well this was in response to another poster and on topic, however its a good opportunity to inform you that if I do not reply to you its a pretty good sign that I do not appreciate your input. :)

Might I suggest that if you feel you need to continue this that you PM me?

<snip>

I was having difficulty seeing the difference in these shots. They are all very close to one another visually. I still think the original has the most detail, but the other two show promise as well.

Your comparison with the Animeigo DVDs is the real eye opener. The colors look blown out and contrasty. I don't know if that's the right terminology, but they seem off when compared with the blu-ray, which seems to have more natural tones.

Personally, I don't think they cleaned it up, but they just happened to have the print lying around. I believe that because the footage was on the 2008 Remastered DVDs too.

You may be right. I don't have the 2008 DVD set, so I wasn't aware of that reference until now. And yeah, I do agree with you about how grain "discussions" can quickly turn into debates. Sometimes it's best to keep the peace. :lol:

Edited by technoblue

But your phrasing of "Big West would have to draw/animate additional material" might lead people to believe that BW is an animation studio, which it is not, so I wanted to set the record straight. As I have said many times, all it takes is one incorrect statement to set off an internet-wide fallacy. It is especially bad when it comes to Macross. I want to take every opportunity to correct, and make sure that there is no confusion.

Also, I can't leave them in the other topic because it is locked.

As the IP owners, only Big West could have it done, subcontracted or otherwise, in any case. No one was interpreting my post as you're attempting because that's not what my post was about (which is about aspect ratios and HD transfers), until you tried hijacking it into this other, now-locked topic. If that topic is locked, do what any other member does; post your own topic rather than trying to drag my unrelated post through the mud for your own purposes.

Man, I'm now here with the popcorn and the movie. However, there seems to be a lot of really bad assumptions from a few here. Thanks for keeping it fun(ny) to read.

Actually, I'll be a spoilsport here. I would like to ask the grown-ups who are discussing who-owns-what and who-does-what to start their own topic so that we kids can talk about our cartoon? :p

I was having difficulty seeing the difference in these shots. They are all very close to one another visually. I still think the original has the most detail, but the other two show promise as well.

That's the whole point. :)

Here's one where there is a difference. This is a panning shot.

Original

post-128-0-29739400-1442847088_thumb.png

Denoise

post-128-0-80912200-1442847120_thumb.png

Grain is not entirely removed, but it looks very good in motion.

NLMeans (light) denoise

post-128-0-82860100-1442847152_thumb.png

Introduces a bit of banding...

Your comparison with the Animeigo DVDs is the real eye opener. The colors look blown out and contrasty. I don't know if that's the right terminology, but they seem off when compared with the blu-ray, which seems to have more natural tones.

The comparison is not new. You can find very similar images in the SDF tv animeigo vs new remastered thread, by TheLoneWolf, all the way back from 2008!

You may be right. I don't have the 2008 DVD set, so I wasn't aware of that reference until now. And yeah, I do agree with you about how grain "discussions" can quickly turn into debates. Sometimes it's best to keep the peace. :lol:

I got the info from that same thread. Now that I think about it, I think Bandai did clean it up. But they did not spend an extraordinary effort to do so -- the print was already in good condition. That's purely my guess, though.

Edited by nhyone

Hi nyone:

I was just wondering about your specific handbrake settings to make improvements

upon Macross animation, such as the DYRL R2 DVD.

Using Sir Blew's Handbrake settings, I was able to improve video quality and

get the video de-interlaced at the same time on a Techno Boyager R2 DVD.

But, with Sir Blew's settings, the Bandai DYRL R2 DVD still had a significant

interlacing problem where the interlaced frames are ghosted one upon the other

rather than separated into individual frames.

Alternatively, on the original trilogy forum, Dr. Dre (forum name) has been working to get the best

video quality out of DVD using Avisynth and plug-ins. The avisynth software with his

plug in settings take days to encode a few minutes and weeks to encode a whole movie

The changes in video quality from one version to the next are just too subtle for me to

see properly.

It looks like you're on the right track.

For completeness sake, I shall post the screen-captures from the DVDs.

The 2008 Bandai remastered DVD (from Galaxy Network DVD-rip)

post-128-0-69055600-1442957933_thumb.png

The AnimEigo DVD

post-128-0-47229400-1442957948_thumb.png

The difference in framing (Bandai DVD frame in red)

post-128-0-22930700-1442957958_thumb.png

If there is one thing that the Bandai blu-rays can be improved in the future, it would be to zoom out more -- except in selective scenes where the art is not drawn to the edges.