Forum's New Cosmetic Changes

I see that the UN Spacy kite is implemented on the main forum page, while the sub-topics are marked with what looks like vernier jets. Cool idea, but I wonder if something could be done to help increase the differentiation from threads with posts with your response and threads with new posts without your response.

Also, the ranking system looks like it's in place. Is this meant to emulate the rank insignia found in the series? I recognize the lower ranks, but the higher ranks just don't look right. What are you guys using as reference?

I should say this in the other thread, but the banner looks nice!

The ranks emulate the insignia found in a variety of sources, mostly from SDFM, DYRL and Plus. Incidentally, they are the same ranks we used for the old MW Nexus boards but we felt they would fit better here in a simplified format. IIRC, we found them in an artbook somewhere and cleaned them up a number of years ago.

They are as follows:

Corporal - corporal.png

Staff Sgt - staff_sgt.png

Warrant Officer - warrant_officer.png

2nd Lieutenant - second_lt.png

1st Lieutenant -first_lt.png

Captain - captain.png

Major - major.png

Lieutenant. Colonel - lt_colonel.png

Colonel - colonel.png

Brigadier General - brigadier.png

Major General - major_general.png

Lieutenant General - lt_general.png

General - general.png

Here's some reference info on them...

http://macross.anime...wiki/U.N._Spacy

The post counts that will advance you to the next rank .... we'll let you figure that out as you post ;)

The Mods and Admins have different rank images as you've probably noticed.

Mods - mods.png

Admins - administrator.png

anybody else having issues where pictures will get chopped up in frames? I've noticed this on my phone (Android) and on my home computer on fairly pic intensive threads. One of the pics will inevitably get cut off by the next post and in order to see the pic I'll have to click on it. Not a big problem, just something I've noticed (most recently in the 1/48 Regult thread).

I noticed the titles have changed too, lol why am I a pineapple eater now? Does this mean i am going to die possibly? lol

I think that'll only happen if you eat it as a salad.

Grievous Bodily Harm if you have it as a cake.

The ranks emulate the insignia found in a variety of sources, mostly from SDFM, DYRL and Plus. Incidentally, they are the same ranks we used for the old MW Nexus boards but we felt they would fit better here in a simplified format. IIRC, we found them in an artbook somewhere and cleaned them up a number of years ago.

They are as follows:

Corporal - corporal.png

Staff Sgt - staff_sgt.png

Warrant Officer - warrant_officer.png

2nd Lieutenant - second_lt.png

1st Lieutenant -first_lt.png

Captain - captain.png

Major - major.png

Lieutenant. Colonel - lt_colonel.png

Colonel - colonel.png

Brigadier General - brigadier.png

Major General - major_general.png

Lieutenant General - lt_general.png

General - general.png

Here's some reference info on them...

http://macross.anime...wiki/U.N._Spacy

The post counts that will advance you to the next rank .... we'll let you figure that out as you post ;)

The Mods and Admins have different rank images as you've probably noticed.

Mods - mods.png

Admins - administrator.png

Great. So now we are going to have people trying to literally pull rank on each other. LOL.

The problem with that mod icon is that it's too fast. If the frame rate is slowed down to the level of the eye-change in Exo's animated avatar, it'd be awesome.

Nevertheless, something to keep in mind is that the human eye is geared toward detecting movement and the forums are primarily for displaying static content...

The problem with that mod icon is that it's too fast. If the frame rate is slowed down to the level of the eye-change in Exo's animated avatar, it'd be awesome.

wait, what eye change?

OH JESUS CHRIST THAT'S FREAKY!

Edited by anime52k8

Nevertheless, something to keep in mind is that the human eye is geared toward detecting movement and the forums are primarily for displaying static content...

Yeah, I still remember your former avatar...

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm used to the whole change now. They look great guys!!! I'm glad to knwo what Pineapple eater means. And yes, I could be accused of it in real life too. I just try to avoid it before and after dogfights - it's just this weird complex I have. - MT

• 11 months later...

Guys, I need help. I CANNOT view the older threads.

Can't find any of the buttons to read the older threads.

I spent 2 hours searching in vain.

I can't be the only one with this problem.

Help!

I'm not sure what you mean by older threads. If you mean threads that are no longer visible because they've been innactive for over a month, that's easy.

look at the blue bar above the list of topics in each sub-forum, it has a series of sorting options with the first one being recently updated. At the end it should say custom; just click on that and from the drop down menu that appears, change time frame to show all.

Edited by anime52k8

On friday we will be testing out a new section on the forums. Due to the large amount of spanish speaking fans signing up on our Facebook page we'll be adding a forum for spanish language speakers. We're also adding two new moderators that can moderate these sections and help with the other sections. Thanks!

<clicks on view new content>

Holly Spam-bots batman, they're multiplying!

Holly carp is right. Going to refrain from posting anything important until the madness stops.

The only good thing is that they're limited to new threads, and not existing threads. Which should make clean up that much easier. Annoying, but easier.

I got online and saw that I had 190 notifications. All I thought was WTF happened while I slept? Did HG finally give up the license? And then I saw it was just spammers. Man, was I ever disappointed.

I got online and saw that I had 190 notifications. All I thought was WTF happened while I slept? Did HG finally give up the license? And then I saw it was just spammers. Man, was I ever disappointed.

HG, spammers... barely any difference...

(Although I understand the disappointment! I can only imagine the elation such an announcement would bring....)