Small project: head custom for 1/48 VF-1R

IScustom

Update: Now the Virtual 3D Design is 100% complete and it will be sent for 3D printing later this month. Kindly let me know what do you think about the finished version.

IS

******************************************************************************************************************

Hi All,

Just got a time to post one small project: head custom for 1/48 VF-1R

I like the 1R design very much but the chance to include it in the 1/48 line would be 0.0000%. So I decide to custom one for myself. It is 90% finished, I will add some details to the eye laser and on the side.I am gonna 3D-print one or two next week and share the pictures of the real prototype in about 1-2 weeks.

Let me know what you think about the shape. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!

yf_1r_complete_1.jpg

yf_1r_complete_2.jpg

yf_1r_complete_3.jpg

yf_1r_complete_4.jpg

yf_1r_complete_2.bmp

Edited by IScustom

I like what I'm seeing so far; just keep doing what you're doing in the 1/48 scale and I'll be happy for some time. This would make for an interesting 1/48 custom. Will the kit include a translucent eyepiece if it sees production?

Thank you! My long-term aim is to make the 1/48 line as complete as the list given by Macross Mecha. Your support is my energy source!

Is the VF-1R a Robotech design?

Yap, that makes it to be produced in 1/48 so diffcult ^_^, but I really like to head design

Yes, capitalizing on a animation error where a 1A was drawn with additional 1J lasers.

Thanks, man, for your explanation ans support.

This looks so much better than what was on the Toynami VF-1R. Good stuff. Are the lasers/antennae going to swivel? If I had a 1/48, I'd be on this like white on rice.

Thanks for your comments and support, Jason. Yap, I have modified the top laser 100% anime accurate. I am now adding details to the eye laser and will update this thread by this weekend.

wow!! where can i send money to get one? do you take paypal? you might want to talk to ironmaiden he may help you put this into production. he has mad skills!!!

Thank you for your interest. It is now in final trimming and I will update pictures very soon.

Actually now I am also finishing a 1/48 VF-1D macross the first head + 1/48 VF-1D normal head. I am going to offer these head in a set for your grab. A couple of weeks later they should be available.

Any chance to also make it in 1/60 for Yamato's latest lineup of VF-1 valks?

Thank you for your suggestion, and it is exactly what I am going to do. The 1R + 1D (macross the first) heads will be scaled down to 1/60.

I'm in

Thank you for your support. I will let you know once my thread updated and they are available.

Thank you for all you guys' support.

IS

Awesome work man, looks way better than the one that I saw on what I think was a toynami release.That being said, WTF Harmony Gold?!?!? Taking an animation error and using it to create a new model because god forbid they use what little brain power they have, to create a new original Valk(Veritech for you robotards). :p

Holy Moly!!

Damn that looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks, mate, for your support and kind words!

Awesome work man, looks way better than the one that I saw on what I think was a toynami release.That being said, WTF Harmony Gold?!?!? Taking an animation error and using it to create a new model because god forbid they use what little brain power they have, to create a new original Valk(Veritech for you robotards). :p

Thank you, loop, for your support!

Child, you ain't nuthin' but the truf! If this is the level of work that you plan on doing for the 1/48s, then you can count me in for ALL of your 1/48 macross products! That's just stellar work; and knowing it derived from a one shot mistake/in joke makes it all the more stunning!

You like 'customers' for your 'customs' IScustoms?...then just keep up the 1/48 support and you'll have mine!

that is awesome!! wow!! and it will be in 1/48!!

I want your 1/48 1D heads too!

Thanks, man. Yeah, ID head is my another favorite and the 1/48 Macross the First version is WIP. Here is the appetizer. I will update the complete version next time when I access that thread.

Everyone here wants heads lol

^_^, Thanks!!

Child, you ain't nuthin' but the truf! If this is the level of work that you plan on doing for the 1/48s, then you can count me in for ALL of your 1/48 macross products! That's just stellar work; and knowing it derived from a one shot mistake/in joke makes it all the more stunning!

You like 'customers' for your 'customs' IScustoms?...then just keep up the 1/48 support and you'll have mine!

^_^, haha, thanks bro, for your support. Kindly keep tracking my work on 1/48, which is my favorite line!

IS

Edited by IScustom

Hey IS I sent you a PM did you get it? Can you put me on the list to purchase these 1/48 heads....

I really want these!!

Hi my friend, I just checked my PM box. Sorry for my super late reply and I will inform you once these heads are ready.

What I am planning is to make the VF-1R, VF-1D (Macross the First), normal VF-1D, and VF-X bottom shell (all for 1/48) as a batch and release at Shapeways.com. You can then feel free to grab a set. Does it sound OK?

Thank you for your support!

IS

already found a valk to volunteer for the job.. just need that head!

Thank you for your support, man! I will try to make it ready by the middle of next month!

Awesome job!!

Please post links to the availability of your kits.

:D

Sure, NB4M. I will inform you when it is ready. Kicker suggest to combine the VF-1E to your 1/48 VF-1D, woo, that would be truly awesome!!

I'd have to get a couple just so I could have a few more 1/48's, looks great.

Thank you for your kind words, buddy! I will keep up my 1/48 love ^_^

IS

I'll tale one also in 1/48.

Thanks

Thank you and noted. The VF-1R head is 100% ready now. I will send it for 3D printing within 2 weeks and demonstrate the real thing. If everything is as good as I expect, I will release the batch in the sale forum. I will let you know at the same time.

Edited by IScustom

• 3 weeks later...
any updates???

Thank you for your support and sorry for the delay. Got fully occupied by the routine work so the hobby thing is natually delayed.

This head is 100% ready. I am not triming the Macross the 1st 1D head and will issue the head batch very soon (by latest the mid of March). Kindly PM me you are interested in the 1R head only or the whole.

Cheers,

IS

• 2 weeks later...