1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Ive been wanting a VF-4 from Yamato for years. It would be an enormous disappointment if it was an overpriced exclusive. This deserves to be a full on assembled toy available to anyone.

Are you guys going to repeat the same panicky lines through this entire thread?

Lord Graham confirmed it was a going to be a regular toy just like the rest.

Practically every recent Yamato Web Exclusive was made available through HobbyLink Japan. This included both the 1/2000 SDF-1 Macross HDP Kit and the Regult.

post-1819-0-20508600-1325122223_thumb.jpg

sheesh

Is there a difference between the VF-4 and VF-4G? If so which one is featured in FB2012? Having just seen FB2012 recently and falling in love with the Tenshi no Enogu scenes, I would love a VF-4. As long as they get fighter mode near perfect and get battroid mode fairly decent I'll definitely be saving up for this.

P.S: One step closer to 1/60 VF-9 lol

Is there a difference between the VF-4 and VF-4G? If so which one is featured in FB2012? Having just seen FB2012 recently and falling in love with the Tenshi no Enogu scenes, I would love a VF-4. As long as they get fighter mode near perfect and get battroid mode fairly decent I'll definitely be saving up for this.

P.S: One step closer to 1/60 VF-9 lol

per MC, reckon just the upgraded power-plant stats:

http://macross.anime...4_Lightning_III

Ummm.....just wondering, but does the VF-4 actually have a physical....gun? I was wondering cuz I have never seen one, and I had always assumed that the little guns in the engines were the primary armaments of the VF-4.

A gun would be totally cool though.

Also, am I the only one wondering why Yamato is going through with this even as a websclusive? I mean, would such a limited run warrant an entirely new mold? If anything, I can only see a possibility of two outcomes:

1) A reasonably priced (by that, I mean like 250 - 300 dollars) toy, but of shoddy quality or engineering. Basically, meeting the bare minimum.

2) An unbelievably beautiful toy with gimmicks galore and PT like you've never seen before [that rhymed :) ]. Most likely will prompt you to cry in utter joy while you throw your VF-19's out the window in disbelief that you once thought that battroid cockpit hatch was a well engineered feature. Also will most likely cost 600 dollars.

I dunno, but I can't see a really awesome toy being made at a reasonable price. Then again, I have been known to be a Negatron.

What do you Optimist Prime's out there think?

Ummm.....just wondering, but does the VF-4 actually have a physical....gun? I was wondering cuz I have never seen one, and I had always assumed that the little guns in the engines were the primary armaments of the VF-4.

A gun would be totally cool though.

Also, am I the only one wondering why Yamato is going through with this even as a websclusive? I mean, would such a limited run warrant an entirely new mold? If anything, I can only see a possibility of two outcomes:

1) A reasonably priced (by that, I mean like 250 - 300 dollars) toy, but of shoddy quality or engineering. Basically, meeting the bare minimum.

2) An unbelievably beautiful toy with gimmicks galore and PT like you've never seen before [that rhymed :) ]. Most likely will prompt you to cry in utter joy while you throw your VF-19's out the window in disbelief that you once thought that battroid cockpit hatch was a well engineered feature. Also will most likely cost 600 dollars.

I dunno, but I can't see a really awesome toy being made at a reasonable price. Then again, I have been known to be a Negatron.

What do you Optimist Prime's out there think?

I think it will come with the works but part of me thinks it'll only be WebExclusive initially, to guage demand. Why? Maybe Yamato is worried because the VF-4 doesn't have much exposure, Flashback 2012 is the only anime it's seen in, and iirc we didn't even see the official battroid mode until M3.

It cites:

VF-4G: Production version in service in 2047 with engines replaced and upgraded for increased thrust.

Is that true? 2047 and they are still deploying VF-4 variations?

Long story short: the VF-4G first appeared in Macross Digital Mission VF-X, which is set in 2047.

In real world terms: compare it to the F-4 Phantom. It's still being actively flown by some armed forces, but even then, many are used only in support roles.

Long story short: the VF-4G first appeared in Macross Digital Mission VF-X, which is set in 2047.

In real world terms: compare it to the F-4 Phantom. It's still being actively flown by some armed forces, but even then, many are used only in support roles.

Also in Macross 7 Trash manga VF-4 were used as trainer; not sure what variant.

Man some of you guys need to turn in your fan club badges for your lack of VF-4 knowledge.

Our first glimpse of the VF-4's official Battroid mode was in Macross Digital Mission VF-X thankyouverymech emot-colbert.gif

And it was wielding a GU-11 gun pod in the promotional poster where it was in Gerwalk mode front and center as one of the game's selling points.

Now that Yamato have decided to release the VF-4 as an assembled toy, we might see the VF-2SS in the near future.

As for the question from Archer whether the VF-4 has a gun, according to macross2.net there's an optional gun pod. I wonder where the gun pod would fit under the belly in fighter mode.

Considering how closely yamato seem to work with kawamori do you think they'd risk sidelining the big K by producing a vf-2ss? He claims to have never seen macrossII and IMO he's not missing out on anything.

Oh hey thanks for working with us on all these valks but we wanna do this corny macrossII valk now we won't be needing you see you next year?

vf4_walker.gif

Somebody photoshopped the rest of the poster but here's the VF-4 on the Digital Mission VF-X ad.

Now that Yamato have decided to release the VF-4 as an assembled toy, we might see the VF-2SS in the near future.

I find this logic rather specious. Do we have to speculate on Macross II toys every time the VF-4 is brought up?

VF-4 first appeared in the final episode of SDFM Macross as a scale model Hikaru was toying around, it then appeared on Flashback 2012 but only in fighter mode, Kawamori never design it to transform. When the first VF-X game came along they took the liberty to make it transform in a very simplistic way until Kawamori step up and retcon it to make all 3 modes.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

vf4_walker.gif

Somebody photoshopped the rest of the poster but here's the VF-4 on the Digital Mission VF-X ad.

I find this logic rather specious. Do we have to speculate on Macross II toys every time the VF-4 is brought up?

\

Well excuse me for mentioning the VF-2SS i suppose you also have a problem with Sandman's and Desty Nova's post then?

Well excuse me for mentioning the VF-2SS i suppose you also have a problem with Sandman's and Desty Nova's post then?

I will never excuse the VF-2SS. I can never forgive it for the death of my boy.

Honestly though this wasn't directed at you specifically cuz the quote system works like that but really guys, I tried finding info about the VF100 line in the old thread and like every other post was "where's the VF-4? where's the VF-2SS?"

Gotta focus on just the facts. LoGH taught me never to kill my dreams but I think we should be realistic.

Man I can't wait, I beileve this will be the most complex transformation they have handled for it to look right in battroid from fighter, that alone just increased the price over 300 considering their recent valks complexity and pricing. Time to start saving and selling my body on the streets...er.um...to science i mean, yeah science.

Man I can't wait, I beileve this will be the most complex transformation they have handled for it to look right in battroid from fighter, that alone just increased the price over 300 considering their recent valks complexity and pricing. Time to start saving and selling my body on the streets...er.um...to science i mean, yeah science.

I dunno man, this is the same company that figured out how to produce and internal heat shield for the VF-1 that required no parts swapping, and figured out a way for the VF-1 toy be perfect transformation yet still have ball jointed legs with no visible swing bars on the side of the cockpit.

Also the Fire Valk I hear, is easy to transform, and this is the same company that made a 1/60 YF-19 that some have said was kind of difficult to transform. They also made the 1/60 YF-21/VF-22S perfect transformation and kept it slim in fighter mode.

I think they might be able to pull off the VF-4G transformation with ease. At this point, no one cares if some aspects of transformation aren't canon, just so long as the toy is perfect transformation. For example, Yamato once said that the V1 1/60 VF-1 transformation was canon with leg removal, but once the 1/48 came out, for fans it was full transformation or bust. For us no one cares how it's done just as long as there is no parts swapping needed.

I dunno man, this is the same company that figured out how to produce and internal heat shield for the VF-1 that required no parts swapping, and figured out a way for the VF-1 toy be perfect transformation yet still have ball jointed legs with no visible swing bars on the side of the cockpit.

Also the Fire Valk I hear, is easy to transform, and this is the same company that made a 1/60 YF-19 that some have said was kind of difficult to transform. They also made the 1/60 YF-21/VF-22S perfect transformation and kept it slim in fighter mode.

I think they might be able to pull off the VF-4G transformation with ease. At this point, no one cares if some aspects of transformation aren't canon, just so long as the toy is perfect transformation. For example, Yamato once said that the V1 1/60 VF-1 transformation was canon with leg removal, but once the 1/48 came out, for fans it was full transformation or bust. For us no one cares how it's done just as long as there is no parts swapping needed.

Oh I know they can do it, but there is a lot more going on with this valks in much of it's transformation than others. I do have a VF-19 which is surprisingly easy to transform. Very few of their valks I would say are hard to transform, but that doesn't mean they aren't complex none the less.

No need to hope for that which has already been confirmed.

The only thing I'd hope for is that Yamato would reconsider the web exclusive release and make it a regular one with higher production numbers, but I know better.

Edit: SDK7 beat me to it...

Edited by mechaninac