1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Thank you very much for your responses...I don't want to rise any flame.

I bought three vf-4g on its release date. Kind of my favourite mech ;)

I' ve planned to display each in one mode, but soon realized that the star modes are fighter and battroid, so the third one never was opened.

Now I'm tempted to sell, but I don't know how much to ask.

Your responses gave me useful insight, thank you so much.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact (if this isn't against site policy) but we aware of my location (Spain).

Best regards!

I'd still like to get a VF-4, I never jumped on board at release and I never pre-ordered. The current price is steep, but it is what it is, that's how 90% of these high-end Macross releases end up. I may try to dump some of my random Hot Toys collections soon, a portion of that could end up being VF-4 money.

Thank you very much for your responses...I don't want to rise any flame.

I bought three vf-4g on its release date. Kind of my favourite mech ;)

I' ve planned to display each in one mode, but soon realized that the star modes are fighter and battroid, so the third one never was opened.

Now I'm tempted to sell, but I don't know how much to ask.

Your responses gave me useful insight, thank you so much.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact (if this isn't against site policy) but we aware of my location (Spain).

Best regards!

What's funny is the reason why I'd want a third one is so I could specifically pose it in Gerwalk.

mine after a year now pretty much gathers dust on my display. I've never stickered this beautiful bird cause I just don't think she needs it. Actually no, it's because they don't give you instructions on where to place the damn things!

Still got all the stuff for it though, instructions, stickers, box, if I ever do sell it or need to pack it away I can at least sell it mint after giving her a bit of a wipe down.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I made custom hands for our VF-4G !! They are articulated and can grab guns and fold into the dedicated compartment in fighter mode :)))

Just received my shapeways order to validate the dims. They don't have a professional finish feeling, but I love them in red! They are available here: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1708161/detailled-hands-left-and-right-for-vf-4-macross.html

674x501_1708161_2271004_1393613190.jpg

674x501_1708161_2271003_1393613190.jpg

674x501_1708161_2271002_1393613190.jpg

I regret not buying this one when it was US$300. At that time, I thought it was too much for a toy. Now the trend is higher prices but better aesthetics on the toy. A nice example is th upcoming YF-19.

I'll wait for Arcadia to reissue the VF-4G, no rush.

I regret not buying this one when it was US$300. At that time, I thought it was too much for a toy. Now the trend is higher prices but better aesthetics on the toy. A nice example is th upcoming YF-19.

I'll wait for Arcadia to reissue the VF-4G, no rush.

I'm in the same boat. Canceled my order at the time but now wishing that Arcadia will rerelease someday.

That black does look nice too. I'm surprised how well the red hands work with the scheme! I like em both!

Edit: How'd I miss that these are Shapeways? Link saved!

Edited by xrentonx

I don't have much experience with Shapeways. How much sanding and prep work do you need to do to make em look good? How sturdy is the plastic?

Edited by xrentonx

I am kinda in the same boat, but my question is will they?

Wouldn't it be a bit irrational of them to re-issue the very same variant when they can bring in a whole load more orders if they make a Hikaru version this time? But that cannot possibly be before 2016 if 2015 belongs to the VF-0D. Until then Arcadia may be called something else. :-P

Wouldn't it be a bit irrational of them to re-issue the very same variant when they can bring in a whole load more orders if they make a Hikaru version this time? But that cannot possibly be before 2016 if 2015 belongs to the VF-0D. Until then Arcadia may be called something else. :-P

I think that's sound reasoning. If not Hikaru, some other scheme that might be different/popular. Those of us who already have two or three VF-4's aren't likely to splurge on another in the same color scheme we already have but we might just be dumb enough to buy another if it's of a different scheme.

I don't have much experience with materials.

Xrentonx, if you take the black strong and flexible, you will only need a cutter to separate the pieces from the grap. You can't polish black colored because they are white underneath the black layer.

The white strong and flexible, is the best material for someone who have skills in painting, you can sand and polish it.

Frost and Ultra frost details may be considered also to obtain the greatest details, but I don't know if it is too much britle or not.

Order the hands in black for the least effort. In red, then you can add some panel lining, or white to customize it at will. Frost detail if you know this material ;)

• 1 month later...

So after a few days hands on with my 2nd Yamato VF-4G (1st remains unopened) I have to say hands down this is my favorite VF toy. I say this having never transformed it since I'm not a fan of the 4G's Battroid or Gerwalk modes but Fighter mode is so beautiful I'm so happy to have it in my collection.

With the heft, seemingly excellent build quality and overall aesthetic I'm in love.

I would 200% hands-down buy a re-release or variant if Arcadia decides to release them.

-b.