1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Clever for Yamato to make the VF-4G exclusive and unassembled. The toy is too complex to mass-produce it completed. A lot of quality issues could arise. Instead of Yamato to take the rant, they are gonna let us have fun assembling this with a grayscale only-japanese booklet instruction.

A teaser of how this toy could look completed (VF-4G by Studio Half Eye)

vf4g.jpg

Clever for Yamato to make the VF-4G exclusive and unassembled. The toy is too complex to mass-produce it completed. A lot of quality issues could arise. Instead of Yamato to take the rant, they are gonna let us have fun assembling this with a grayscale only-japanese booklet instruction.

post-1819-0-50571600-1325180973_thumb.jpg

A teaser of how this toy could look completed (VF-4G by Studio Half Eye)

I thought Graham verified that it will be a completed toy: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36074&view=findpost&p=947133

Missed Graham's post of this being a completed toy.

If it's so, then price of the VF-4G will go to the roof. It could be the most expensive Yamato valk ever. Hope to see a non-assemble version for the new poor 2012 Macross collector.

I can't believe I only bought one Yamato valk in 2011, the VF-1X. I used to buy 4 or 5 versions when prices were below US$200. Those days are now gone. :(

Guys I think they just grabbed the VF-4G moniker because they probably did a google search for that gerwalk image :x

Why wouldn't they make it just like the robot's only appearance in animation and the place everyone remembers it from

Even the Digital Mission VF-X one is just the Flashback 2012 one

Are people still confused about what it will be? READ THE FIRST POST! It spells out completed toy there. They definitely need more variants of it to make it a worthwhile release other than just a web exclusive. They can make a standard CF version, low vis, Max, Milia, etc. I'm sure quite a few of the completist will be all over those. I know I'd get a low vis an a CF version for certain.

Well, I'm trying to remember.. wasn't Gamlin's VF-22 supposed to be web exclusive? Or was that just a limited release?

Either way.. if they can engineer this to the same level as the VF-19, I'll pick up at least one (assuming HLJ keeps up their habit of selling the Yamato exclusives). Extra paintschemes would be nice, but we've only ever seen one canon scheme in the anime, so I'd expect that to be the first one.

However, given where the major markings are, and how few moving parts are near them, I can see this being a rather easy one to customize.

VF-4 first appeared in the final episode of SDFM Macross as a scale model Hikaru was toying around, it then appeared on Flashback 2012 but only in fighter mode, Kawamori never design it to transform. When the first VF-X game came along they took the liberty to make it transform in a very simplistic way until Kawamori step up and retcon it to make all 3 modes.

Being a VF means it has to be variable though in order to be consistent with the whole macross universe regardless of the game.If the game never existed he would still have to have some idea in his head about this. I can't accept a non-transforming valkyrie. It would be like having a ghost drone with a basara style vf-19 face on it and not try to be sneaky looking or threatening. ie it would just stick out too much. lol

I know I know. He is also the guy who introduced floating rocks in macross zero but a valk that does not transform is weirder than rocks that can float with people flying on them. The rocks floating may be special magickal PC enhanced technology we just can't understand. But a non-transforming valkyrie would make macross uncool.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I dunno man, this is the same company that figured out how to produce and internal heat shield for the VF-1 that required no parts swapping, and figured out a way for the VF-1 toy be perfect transformation yet still have ball jointed legs with no visible swing bars on the side of the cockpit.

Also the Fire Valk I hear, is easy to transform, and this is the same company that made a 1/60 YF-19 that some have said was kind of difficult to transform. They also made the 1/60 YF-21/VF-22S perfect transformation and kept it slim in fighter mode.

I think they might be able to pull off the VF-4G transformation with ease. At this point, no one cares if some aspects of transformation aren't canon, just so long as the toy is perfect transformation. For example, Yamato once said that the V1 1/60 VF-1 transformation was canon with leg removal, but once the 1/48 came out, for fans it was full transformation or bust. For us no one cares how it's done just as long as there is no parts swapping needed.

I agree here. But am ok if there is minor part swapping as a little bonus feature when it is necessary to clean up the robot or make it look good in final form. (eg cover up ugly bits, or intakes etc)

I'm still surprised that vf-1 toys don't come with side chest coverings as standard (we see this is part of the robot mode) but yamato go to all the trouble to have gimmicks like rotating cockpits and stuff. You'd think they would give you easy-to-do stuff as well. lol The same company that gave you back pieces and coverings at the top of the vf-1 1/48 in robot mode (to seal up gaps from that angle) refuses to give you side coverings. VF-19 gets extra shield but the vf-1 can't get the side parts. :(

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Penguin just said, "Considering the VF-4G only appeared in games"... and I was saying, no it did not only appear in games.

Actually, I'm correct. The VF-4G, introduced in 2047, only appears in the video game Digital Mission VF-X. The Flashback 2012 anime has, presumably, the VF-4A. :p

I think VF5SS is probably correct... it's only being labelled the VF-4G 'cause that's where we first saw the battroid and gerwalk modes (remembering all the rampant speculation prior that the VF-4 was non-transformable). That, or it's some arcane licensing issue where Yamato has rights to video game designs but not FB 2012. Highly likely it'll have Hikaru's FB 2012 paint job. Before someone says that's a contradiction, the VF-4G colour scheme in VF-X is pretty much (if not completely) a clone of FB 2012, so only having a VF-X licence would allow for the same paint job.

Edited by Penguin

Missed Graham's post of this being a completed toy.

If it's so, then price of the VF-4G will go to the roof. It could be the most expensive Yamato valk ever. Hope to see a non-assemble version for the new poor 2012 Macross collector.

I can't believe I only bought one Yamato valk in 2011, the VF-1X. I used to buy 4 or 5 versions when prices were below US$200. Those days are now gone. :(

But... every new valk is Yamato's most expensive valk ever. I think people hoping the prices on these things magically revert back to 2003-2006 figures are being a little naive. It ain't gonna happen.

[...]

As for the question from Archer whether the VF-4 has a gun, according to macross2.net there's an optional gun pod. I wonder where the gun pod would fit under the belly in fighter mode.

According to the same macross2.net, the VF-4 is capable of carrying a GU-11 gun pod in GERWALK and Battroid modes.