1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Only thing that worries me are those huge gaps on the legs that I hope are glued tight on the production models.

I belive the VFX license (if it includes VFX and VFX2) pretty much carries every VF in Macross pre-Frontier.

Max and Milia VF-11 and VF-4, yes please!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Guys, any chance that yamato could release a 1:60 vf 4g weathering versión?

Who knows, at 330 dollars just for this variant of the VF-4G, would you want to pay a lot more for the weathering effect? I wouldn't.

I highly doubt Yamato will stop at one paint scheme for the VF-4, considering the efforts they have already put into it.

So what other variants does the VF-X license offer (pics) ? Are both games included in the license or just the first one?

Sadly for the VF-4, it only made an appearance in the first VFX game, not in VFX-2. So what we see now is pretty much it.

I would like to see other variants of the VF-4 color scheme wise. But I don't want to see something outrageous. Maybe a Minmay deco would be the most crazy I'd like to see.

But I'm not interested in a Max and Miriya scheme myself...that's the least likely I'd wanna buy.

I would like to see other variants of the VF-4 color scheme wise. But I don't want to see something outrageous. Maybe a Minmay deco would be the most crazy I'd like to see.

But I'm not interested in a Max and Miriya scheme myself...that's the least likely I'd wanna buy.

I'm a huge fan of Max (have all of his Valks) and blue planes in general but I wouldn't buy a Max VF-4 Variant. It's a terrible color scheme in my eyes.

Eh, I dunno - could potentially look like;

post-1623-0-71358400-1349415751_thumb.jpg

Edit; forgot to paint head.

That's an interesting take... though I think the shoulders area a LITTLE too blue. The M3 version is practically all blue with these little orange stripes everywhere. Does not look good.

I don't have that book but the blue and orange both look much more subdued then any of the other versions I've seen. Even still, Max has always had Blue/White. I'm not sure why this thing has Orange instead, but it seems like if you wanted to do a Max Version that was all blue you could add some white highlights and it would look fine

post-1623-0-50547600-1349695110_thumb.jpg

A bit too Jetfire for me :D

Considering Millia never had a Valk with a scheme like Max's original variant wouldn't it make more sense to paint it mostly Red with White trim/highlights like her 1J?

I find that to be a giant eye-sore.

Totally agree with you on that. If the canon schemes are limited by the license, I would rather see totally non canon designs that stay far away from the VFX max and milia schemes.

Hell, even a canon fodder livery would look sweet on the VF-4.

Been drooling over the pictures on yamato's site and noticed something. It looks like the conformal missiles on the main fuselage are hinged...I wonder why? None of the other missiles look like them

ae4a9434c8a53479f31ef29ac83b7b2c.jpg

You can see what looks like a brass pin for a hinge or something here

973aa16b90b0724f0dd4b83820c06b02.jpg

In some of the battroid pictures you can make out the missiles and they are not folded up or anything. Maybe these missiles need to fold to allow for a step in the transformation and then are unfolded when the step is complete.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Totally agree with you on that. If the canon schemes are limited by the license, I would rather see totally non canon designs that stay far away from the VFX max and milia schemes.

Hell, even a canon fodder livery would look sweet on the VF-4.

I wish I had the editing skills to back up what I'm talking about in terms of a "better" scheme then the official one's already in use.

Been drooling over the pictures on yamato's site and noticed something. It looks like the conformal missiles on the main fuselage are hinged...I wonder why? None of the other missiles look like them

ae4a9434c8a53479f31ef29ac83b7b2c.jpg

You can see what looks like a brass pin for a hinge or something here

973aa16b90b0724f0dd4b83820c06b02.jpg

Chris

Maybe to accommodate transformation? Those two particular missiles do wind up in a cramped part in Battroid.

Haha, just edited my original post with that hypothesis as well!

"In some of the battroid pictures you can make out the missiles and they are not folded up or anything. Maybe these missiles need to fold to allow for a step in the transformation and then are unfolded when the step is complete."

Chris

I wonder what the chances are that I'll still be able to get one of these around April/May of next year? I didn't preorder this because there's no way I can afford $325+ems shipping in December but right now I'm sitting on an $350 encore fort max preorder that's due in April.

An ultra rare, grail level transformer reissue that's also ridiculously large is perhaps worth the money more, but the VF-4 is my favorite transforming anything ever and I feel stupid spending more money on something I'm not nearly as madly in love with as the VF-4. God damn first world problems.