1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

So I'm changing my vote to I'll pay anything. :) I just pre ordered mine, and I hope everything goes smooth with the retailer.

Here is the link for anyone interested, I haven't seen it posted.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/3606-choujikuu-yousai-macross-vf-4g-lightning-iii-limited-edition.html

Hi there, it has already been posted on page 55...

Thks for the link repost..

yeah, you'd never know. The previous web exclusive Angel birds and VF-X ended up everywhere on ebay and most major online stores in Japan.

Nope, I'm calling you out there.

The Angel Birds and VF-X were initially mail-in exclusives for the Macross Chronicle magazine, not Web Shop exclusives. I don't remember them going up on any major Japanese online stores, except the later release where HLJ did not offer it to local customers - overseas only.

The later release saw them widely available from HK sellers and their eBay stores.

I almost hate myself for breaking down and preordering with Nippon-Yasan... $399.01 with shipping (EMS < SAL Registered, whodathunkit?) is a lot to swallow for a hunk of plastic and diecast, no matter how cool; but -- and here is my fevered justification to hesitantly hit the Submit Order button-- since the item isn't slated for release until Dec, and given Yamato's track record of getting stuff out at the very end of the month, I'll just deduct the expense from next year's "frivolous spending" budget. That way I can tell myself that I didn't actually spend just shy of $400 large of a toy; maybe if I keep telling myself that often enough I'll eventually come to believe it. :wacko:

Things are expensive depending if you have the money to buy it or not, IMO. We add the value for this kind of things. Some of us gladly spent 300 for a vf-17s, so why not 340 for a vf-4? Because maybe we where expecting something else, in my case, Hikarus color scheme. I don´t think is a matter of price, but what that valk means to us. As I said, I would have pay 340 for a FB2012 one without even thinking, but not for this one, that doesn't mean I find it ugly, but for me this one is just not worth 340. And again, not because I think is ugly or I don't appreciate Yamato producing it, it just doesn't thrill me to push the buy button and if I don't fell that, then I'm just throwing money away and that's my queue to know that something is expensive for me.

I changed my vote too, i figured that NY should be very happy with the overwhelming orders of VF-4G i supposed, and if they have distributor license from Yamato, they make a decent earning too.

Anyways i supposed most who could be able to purchase one valk at least.

This is the best thing we can expect.

The price is very high. Yamato wants you to become a gigolo to earn enough to pay for these things.

I think the least they can do is offer a free stand like bandai. Times have changed yamato. Bandai is kicking your arse in terms of value now that they can offer just-as-good toys. If only they made them more available though.. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think the least they can do is offer a free stand like bandai. Times have changed yamato. Bandai is kicking your arse in terms of value now that they can offer just-as-good toys. If only they made them more available though.. :p

Bandai only includes a stand because they know their joints won't support a valk that's actually on display. :p

Value maybe, but they still have a long way to go to reach the quality of engineering in the VF-19.'

Also, as far as shipping costs went, I did save on shipping for two, even with EMS. Total came to about $783 for both shipped. What's actually hitting me though is that I generally don't include shipping in my thinking.. now that I think about it, this is about the same price as the Super VF-17D set, and I already preordered that.. this is pretty much the same thing.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm seriously considering scouting out places to drill strategically placed holes in my various valks, and rig up some decent stands using metal armatures.

I would just drill out the centers of the engines/feet, but those aren't the sturdiest things to mount them on due to their flexibility. I just really abhor having to use some additional bracket to mount a plane on a display stand.

I am hoping that these will use the YF-21/SV-51 stands though. They might have to, due to the leg length, and that is what the display model was using. Plus.. I mean, those are they only Yamato stands I have. :p

Well, what's up with giving us an adapter to a stand we can't even purchase or is out of production?!

Good point. I'm still in need of quite a few of these stands, too. I will dedicate one of my stands to this, and the other that I get will be in battroid.

Well, what's up with giving us an adapter to a stand we can't even purchase or is out of production?!

That's the funniest part about the Yamato product line. You always get the stand adapter's for their stands, but can't buy the stands and when you do find the stands, they are most always over priced.

Bandai only includes a stand because they know their joints won't support a valk that's actually on display. :p

Value maybe, but they still have a long way to go to reach the quality of engineering in the VF-19.'

Also, as far as shipping costs went, I did save on shipping for two, even with EMS. Total came to about $783 for both shipped. What's actually hitting me though is that I generally don't include shipping in my thinking.. now that I think about it, this is about the same price as the Super VF-17D set, and I already preordered that.. this is pretty much the same thing.

Let's just hope there are no QC issues on these things and that the factory workers are elite trained. Expensive I can handle. But it should at least = high grade feeling and good build quality to last a long time. To me, this thing should be $300-$350 (shipping incl) personally. And that is with stand. We aren't getting any extras, it doesn't look to have any cool gimmicks and is only about the size of a VF-1. I think if they made it cheaper people would buy multiples and then they might even make more money if they lowered it to around the $300-$350 mark. It's rarely seen in shows, true, but it is popular for people who are familiar with it.

People talk about how expensive the vf-11 was but at least you got the fast packs lol.

I think yamato should chuck in the stand. They did it with the sv-51.And shipping should be cheap since this is a smaller toy.Don't tell me Yamato is back to using those big boxes again? argh..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Let's just hope there are no QC issues on these things and that the factory workers are elite trained. Expensive I can handle. But it should at least = high grade feeling and good build quality to last a long time.

Hopefully they know this.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Yamato put a little more effort into this.

I remember their Patlabor figure was packaged in silk, styrofoam packaging, and great box art.

The build and paint quality was also superb.

Graham or anyone else that's in contact with Yamato. Do you know it's gonna be any different?

That's the funniest part about the Yamato product line. You always get the stand adapter's for their stands, but can't buy the stands and when you do find the stands, they are most always over priced.

Fortunately, I don't think those adapters are actually that tough to mount somewhere else. I've heard of people using Bandai's action bases, like the ones used for the VF-25 kits, to hold up some Yamato valks. Nothing bigger than a VF-1 I think, but you might be able to support a VF-11 with one.