1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Just translated my confirmation e-mail and everything looks set...I'd forgotten what it was like to pre-order a Macross item at retail price and without the panic of everyone being sold out in 2 seconds...

I'm guessing that proxies should have plenty of these available. Obviously they'll be marked up but it shouldn't be to absurd levels like the YF-29 30th or a VF-25S have been.

I don't think there's any particular rush here, since they're taking orders as if they intend to fill them, not that they've already got a production run number set.

I think the date was on the previous page, October 15th? If so, I can probably afford to save up and get two before the window closes.

Since it seems people can order directly from Yamato without any trouble, are they shipping to the US, or would a group buy from Yamato make sense in this case?

I don't want to volunteer anyone, but it'd be awesome if we could set up a bulk purchase from Yamato directly.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yup, just ordered one with the pre-order 5% discount. There didnt seem to be any limit on the number one person could order as far as I could see.

Thanks. :)

For those of you who are ordering this via proxy could you please tell us the grand total, if that's ok.

Will let you know. The 5% discount should be roughly equivalent to the proxy fee. Then there's shipping... urgh...

I don't think people will have a hard time getting one. But if you're after a sure thing then maybe keep your eyes on tokyo-hunter.com or shoot them an email. Otherwise wait to see if HLJ and the HK stores are taking orders.

Edited by Tober

He didn't respond to my PM so I think it is first come first served on Tokyo Hunter. Anyway, I think I'm gonna give these guys a try...

http://yokattaweb.jp/services.html

...unless Nanoplasm or someone else is able to put together a group buy.

Edited by xrentonx

He didn't respond to my PM so I think it is first come first served on Tokyo Hunter.

Can't reply to an order question if order details were not released until today. Product questions should be sent via email; I'm here as a member so I don't check PM every day.

Just got email from yamato

Preorder is open

DEADLINE IS UNTIL 3 september!!

Raymond Darmawan様

1/60完全変形VF-4G「超」先行予約にご登録頂きありがとうございました。

早期割引特典付きの専用本予約受付ページをご案内いたします。

(一般公開ページよりご注文されますと割引が適用されませんのでご注意ください)

◆1/60完全変形VF-4G 割引き専用本予約ページ

通常価格¥26,985

→5%引き価格 ¥25,636

→やまとファンクラブ会員様限定10%引き価格 ¥24,287

【パソコン用】

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/vf4order.php

【携帯用】

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/i/items/vf4order.php

※ご予約受付期間【9月3日(月)正午まで】

※下記の場合、早期割引は自動的に失効となりますのでご注意ください。

・「超」先行予約のご登録時と異なるメールアドレスでご注文頂いた場合

・ご予約受付期間までに上記URLでのご注文を頂けなかった場合

・ご予約をキャンセルされ、受付期間内に再注文をされなかった場合

※「やまとファンクラブ会員様限定10%引き価格」は、

ショッピングカートでの購入手続き完了時に有効な会員であることが条件です。

ONLY FOR MEMBERS WILL GET 10% discount

AND My friend just got the membership for me,,,!! Hhahha

So i got 24.287 yen

I will import it to indonesia myself...

I wish i can help u guys..but sorry i cant handle too many seperate shipment..

Edited by moncikoma

Nippon yassan has them up I just ordered one

Thanks for the heads-up! I got my orders in. :D

Did you pay the full price already or did u do the pay 2 weeks before release? I'm wondering if I should pay now since the are made to order?

At the end of the ordering process, I clicked on the option to pay 2-3 weeks before release. :] Don't have to pay anything until 1 day before the item's release.

Just got email from yamato

Preorder is open

DEADLINE IS UNTIL 3 september!!

Raymond Darmawan様

1/60完全変形VF-4G「超」先行予約にご登録頂きありがとうございました。

早期割引特典付きの専用本予約受付ページをご案内いたします。

(一般公開ページよりご注文されますと割引が適用されませんのでご注意ください)

◆1/60完全変形VF-4G 割引き専用本予約ページ

通常価格¥26,985

→5%引き価格 ¥25,636

→やまとファンクラブ会員様限定10%引き価格 ¥24,287

【パソコン用】

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/vf4order.php

【携帯用】

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/i/items/vf4order.php

※ご予約受付期間【9月3日(月)正午まで】

※下記の場合、早期割引は自動的に失効となりますのでご注意ください。

・「超」先行予約のご登録時と異なるメールアドレスでご注文頂いた場合

・ご予約受付期間までに上記URLでのご注文を頂けなかった場合

・ご予約をキャンセルされ、受付期間内に再注文をされなかった場合

※「やまとファンクラブ会員様限定10%引き価格」は、

ショッピングカートでの購入手続き完了時に有効な会員であることが条件です。

ONLY FOR MEMBERS WILL GET 10% discount

AND My friend just got the membership for me,,,!! Hhahha

So i got 24.287 yen

I will import it to indonesia myself...

I wish i can help u guys..but sorry i cant handle too many seperate shipment..

one for me rite mon?

$400 ems shipped to my doorstep.

I've never paid this much for any figure before.

But it's the VF-4 man...one of my holy grails.

Edited by UN Spacy

Did you pay the full price already or did u do the pay 2 weeks before release? I'm wondering if I should pay now since the are made to order?

I chose the pre-order pay notice option (up to 1 day prior).

$340..? That's basically no mark-up... Interesting... :unsure:

If NY can get their orders in prior to the 5% discount deadline they're making a decent amount per valk. Plus I'm pretty sure they have a retailer's discount of some sort.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

If NY can get their orders in prior to the 5% discount deadline they're making a decent amount per valk. Plus I'm pretty sure they have a retailer's discount of some sort.

I was under the impression that the 5% discount was only if you ordered before July 30th... And how does a retailer get a discount for a Yamato online web-shop exclusive, unless...

for those who are still deciding whether to buy the valkyrie, some data for your reference based on my own research...

1.) HK shops only offer after release which maybe cheaper depends, i personally feel since this is limited, it might be hard to say.

2.) Some HK shops offer preorders but i sometimes feel insecure about it personally.

3.) Not all Japanese shops offer preorders as this is a web limited edition, if you can find one, it's good for you.

In conclusion, i personally feel that for this valkyrie, it'd be wiser to grab first ( same price as Yamato web.) and bitch about the sky high pricing later, at least you be having this exotic valkyrie in hand when ya complain, it beats drooling at other members pictures of the valkyrie.

But yet again, i suggest to get it while it last, and NY is subjected to change their prices when stock runs low.

It all depends on how much you want it, and how much you can spare to get this bird.

Edited by eyesonme78

Looks like I picked a hell of a time to get back into collecting valks.

Thanks for the NY link. Coming out to almost 400$ exactly with the fast shipping is something I can come to live with.

It's kindof fun to be getting in super early on a release with all of the legit/hardcore people on this board. Conversely, it feels silly to be up at 4:45 AM on the east coast.

But it is the burden we must bear, amirite?

Also it seems worth it for some sweet, sweet Lightning III Action.

ORDERED !! I saw it on my alerts before seeing it here though, and wow, 2nd only to macross in terms of 'amount spent on a single item' but hey, I'm glad at least to be ABLE to order it unlike bandai's shenanigans.

Excitement for this is only on par with Masterpiece Soundwave thats coming out around the same time!

If its a huge box shipping seemed about right? EMS to Australia they have for 59AUD, which probably is a bit more than what I'm used to from HLJ but they have a 30% off always or something like that... hrmm... but hey, it was JUST under 400 shipped so I can make myself feel better! $399.01!~ bargain!