1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

It doesn't need a gun pod. The whole point of the VF-4 was that all of its weapons are integrated. Note the cannons embedded in its forearms?

Personal preference on this but a gunpod to me makes it feel "natural." It just feels right to have it gripping a gunpod (even though it doesn't need one). Still gonna get this anyway and have it borrow one of the VF-1 gunpods. Loving these pics

I want three but I'm not sure I can even justify two. I wonder what the odd's are they'll make them in other paint schemes if this one does well? The 1/2000 SDF-1 made them think it was worth it to make a 1/3000 scale. Could it also be the case enough orders for this one will mean we see others?

Bandai with it's renewal availability crap helped me justify getting two VF-4's ;)

Hope Yamato makes more paint schemes, but I'll try to get two just in case it's the only release.

So I sent a mail to products@hlj.com and only got a standard reply.

Hi,

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any official information from our suppliers about that item at this time, but if we do it will go up on the website. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any indication of when exactly that might be. Please keep checking the site!

Please note that we put items up for preorder on the website immediately upon receiving the release information from our suppliers. This means that we really do not know when something will be available until literally minutes before it actually goes live on the site. So, if you don't see something listed on the site yet, it's probably because we haven't received the information yet. Again, please keep checking!

We appreciate your business with us!

At least they are not saying no.

Actually this turned out better then I thought it would...Don't like the gaping seam on the 'thighs' though. I would think that that could have been done better.

...Not a deal breaker for me getting one though (or at least try'n).

Now. Who is going to give me some money. I had scraped together $300 for this and it seems I need around a $100 more.

Anyone? Anyone????

Actually this turned out better then I thought it would...Don't like the gaping seam on the 'thighs' though. I would think that that could have been done better.

...Not a deal breaker for me getting one though (or at least try'n).

Now. Who is going to give me some money. I had scraped together $300 for this and it seems I need around a $100 more.

Anyone? Anyone????

It's a painted resin kit man, those seems will be gone on the real production version.

That's a pretty disappointing standard response for such a pointed question.

It simply means they don't know. They can't say yes and then let customers down and they can't say no and make people look other places. Though I don't see why they won't be doing it. They've been the only ones that got the other exclusives that isn't a proxy buyer type service before.

About a month and a half ago I asked Nippon-Yasan if they were oing to carry the VF-4 and this is ther response:

Hello and thank you for your email!

This product will be available in our website but we can't tell you when and the price for the moment.

If you have any questions feel free to ask us.

Takuya from Nippon-Yasan

It doesn't need a gun pod. The whole point of the VF-4 was that all of its weapons are integrated. Note the cannons embedded in its forearms?

I realised that just, I'm used to valks posing with external firepower, is that sooo wrong. 21 has the same sort of set up and she carried dual. The 4 is earth's first take on the QRau for arm cannon/combat! Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I realised that just, I'm used to valks posing with external firepower, is that sooo wrong. 21 has the same sort of set up and she carried dual. The 4 is earth's first take on the QRau for arm cannon/combat!

I'm in the same boat. It's got hands, give it somethin to hold. It'd be a neat extra. :)

Right know it's Wolverine that shoots bullets out the arms rather than pointy knives, which, come to think of it would be awesome but.......uh........GUNS!!!!!

Edited by xrentonx

I asked HLJ about a month ago weather they were expecting to carry the VF-4G. The answer I got was similar. I had also asked about the 1/2000 SDF-1 and 1/60 Regult kits, they didn't expect to be stocking those either, but they did - the Regult later went on clearance for 20% off. So...

They listed the exclusive Yamato Macross Frontier motorcycle helmets about 8 months ago. I think that was the last Yamato exclusive, I can't think of anything since.

Alternatively, if HLJ's exclusivity agreement with Yamato has expired then there would be nothing stopping stores like Anime Export from opening orders...

maybe HLJ was able to carry exclusives before because Yamato guesstimated on demand.....and apparently overestimated on several of those items...like the VF-X and Angelbird.........Isn't this the first time Yamato is producing a limited/exclusive item based on an initial "early bird" count of ultimate sales/production quantity?.......

Edited by jvmacross

My wish was for the price to be lower. This is my favourite valk after the original and was even thinking of getting one for each mode and one to play. Crazy dream. That said, the grey looks awesome. I need to at least get two to close my valk collection.

Isn't this the first time Yamato is producing a limited/exclusive item based on an initial "early bird" count of ultimate sales/production quantity?.......

No, I'm sure they did it with the 1/2000 SDF-1, but I don't think they offered a discount, but required a deposit instead. At the time the price was announced they also informed members of their club that there was a mass release version planned for later - that turned out to be the 1/3000 scale toy.

For the record...here's Ami's response.

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately we have not received any information regarding that product yet.

At our store we always list information on new or upcoming releases as soon as we are able to,

and as such we generally do not know what products we will or will not be able to carry until the day they go up on our site.

Because of this we are usually unable to say for sure if we will be able to carry a particular item that has not yet been officially announced to stores by its manufacturer.

Please also note that our store, unfortunately, cannot notify customers when an item becomes available to pre-order or comes in stock.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

We apologize that we cannot give more information with regards to this item and we thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

AmiAmi

Edited by UN Spacy

Are those fixed-pose fist hands like the old 1/72 M+ and V1 1/60 VF-1s, only without the through holes for gunpod handles? If so, that's just not rigth; I understand the exclusion of a gunpod as the VF-4 has never been officially shown with a dedicated one, but it should be designed to handle one (GU-11?), regardless.

Edited by mechaninac