1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I'm not too worried about availability. I see no reason why sites like the ones CF18 listed wouldn't be able to do the web pre-orders as they have done with many in the past. Unless Yamato is forcing a set limit on the number they produce to some abnormally small number of units regardless of the number of pre-orders they get, I would think there should be enough for all that want one.

I'd like to believe that, but we're talking about a valkyrie that 1)Isn't well known amongst general fans 2)Isn't even the FB2012 version and not the "hero valk" and 3) Is already on some weird exclusive preorder for Japan residents only deal. I hope it is readily available, and I'm just wrong, but we'll see.

I'm under the impression that Yamato takes the pre-orders for the web exclusives and produces that amount instead of deciding to produce X units first and then seeing how many pre-orders they get.

That's probably why the Macross Chronicles exclusives VF-X and Angelbird ended up on HLJ and other online retailers.........made them first without taking into account the actual demand for them?.....

Edited by jvmacross

So how limited will this be Graham?

They will only make like 100 and get us to fight each other like the people fighting for the last droplets of fuel in Mad Max?

When all this is done I hope they do the variable Glaug. I like all modes of that.

What is everyone's prediction of the price for this?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They will only make like 100 and get us to fight each other like the people fighting for the last droplets of fuel in Mad Max?

Even for limited items, I think in order to reach their breakeven point they need to produce at least a thousand items... but you know it's always a gambling game with limited items...

My guess is $350

Edited by charger69

I read through the entire thread and I must have missed it:

Has it been confirmed if there will be a gunpod with this? It might actually help balance the robot mode if they have one in its hand. And will the feet be diecast to keep it upright?

Much like the YF-21 with its tiny feet and the QRau with the huge backpack, this looks like it would easily blow off the shelf on a windy day.

It's just another 3 more days to official preorder starts, but I am guessing at 25,000 yen?

Time to get rid of some extra stuff to get this bird .

I think we need not worry too much on other things, just focus on getting the preorder is the priority now.

But yea, buying this bird will cost a bomb since we do not reside in Japan.

That's a pity, but I just might wanna gamble on the chance that HK might be able to provide the VF-4 at a price which could be slightly cheaper then going through proxy buyers.

Well my two cents view haha.

I read through the entire thread and I must have missed it:

Has it been confirmed if there will be a gunpod with this? It might actually help balance the robot mode if they have one in its hand. And will the feet be diecast to keep it upright?

Much like the YF-21 with its tiny feet and the QRau with the huge backpack, this looks like it would easily blow off the shelf on a windy day.

Dunno if it will, did the VF-4 have a gunpod in VF-X? The VF-4 doesn't really need a gunpod, it has guns built into the arms, it's supposed to be a VF that has the power of a VF-1 Strike Valkyrie without needing additional FAST packs.

Why are people still thinking there's a gunpod? Has a VF-4 ever had a gunpod in an official setting? No.

I thought it actually could have one if needed, much like how the yf-19 can have wing missiles or underarm launchers in robot mode but they just don't get used for us to see it often?

Is it official that a vf-4 never has a gunpod because it can not be used for some reason? Or is it that it just doesn't need one?

I thought it actually could have one if needed, much like how the yf-19 can have wing missiles or underarm launchers in robot mode but they just don't get used for us to see it often?

Is it official that a vf-4 never has a gunpod because it can not be used for some reason? Or is it that it just doesn't need one?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need one. I don't remember it ever being equipped with the gunpod, except in scratchbuilds, and customizers.

I don't think "cannot be used" is the right way to put it - since it's got hands, it can pick up a gunpod to use if needed. I'm not that familiar with these mecha specs though, so if it has guns integrated into their arms (like the Queadlunn-raus), I guess it just doesn't need a gunpod.

Wiki on VF-4 list the armament as: External 55 mm GU-11 gunpod with 200 rounds firing 1200 rounds per minute, mounted under central fuselage. Dual beam cannons.

Macross Compendium: Two large beam cannons mounted in arm blocks above engine nacelles in Fighter mode or in lower arms in GERWALK and Battroid modes. It is possible to detach these blocks and operate with removable, lightweight equipment within atmosphere. Twelve long-range missiles semi-recessed on engine nacelles and underfuselage in Fighter Mode or on underfuselage, lower arms, and legs in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Underwing pylons for missiles.

Macross Manual: GU-11 gunpod as an optional armament

So, I dunno... but either way, gunpod or not, it's not a big deal. :)

quaedluun_rau_red_macross_firing.png