1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Any news on when pre-orders for this or group buy info if there is one will be going up? With release sometime in December or so, I would think pre-orders would open up sometime relatively soon (so that Yamato can gauge demand or something along those lines).

Haha, sorry if I'm being too curious or nosey, but the way of the Bandai has gotten me quite paranoid....

A group buy on a web exclusive toy? I'm not sure if that will work out. Maybe if people that are local order them together from HLJ then it'll be worth it, but ordering from HLJ directly would save a lot of hassle and maybe some cash. If you get someone to buy it from Japan to get it from Yamato's site, you're still paying for taxes (HLJ doesn't pay taxes for customers outside Japan) and then to have someone outside Japan receive a big shipment and have it shipped to you... it all adds up. And remember, you might have to pay fees to the service within Japan ordering for you. Hope that helps.

Oh, wow, didn't think of all those extra costs. I was just assuming that someone would do something similar for the Vf-4 like is being done for the websclusive super or armored parts for the VF-25 from Bandai....but if HLJ does carry these things, that would make it easier...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW guys... scans are not mine, I usually collect images from Japanese and Chinese forums.

No matter, thanks for posting them. It looks like they heard the concerns, and addressed it early on. How many pages of complaints did we amass just on the nose? I think it's looking great now.

i'm going to prepare for my self a nice water slide skull decal.. can't wait for this baby to release.. i'm going to pimp it with hikaru's style

I swear to God, I read your post at the first time as "i'm going to prepare for my self a nice wallet slide" and I lol'd :D

Excellent update on the slope of the nosecone! I'm guessing the open space below and behind the cockpit is going to house the landing gear- right in line with this by the looks of things:

post-1418-0-73547600-1335340599_thumb.jpg

It's impressive how they handle the transformation without breaking up the battroid chestplate with the hinge (most of the previous designs just put a huge metal joint there that cuts into the bottom of that silver plate)- they are definitely paying attention to all modes at least in that area, which is heartening.

So far I'm impressed. Still looking forward to more detail though- particularly on the wings, thrusters, and the arms, (I think, and hope, that those areas were just rough geometry in order to help them focus on the real origami work of the main-body transformation. Being someone who likes the battroid mode too, the CAD made the arms unnecessarily skinny and the hands even more chickeny than previous valks, which is uncalled for with all that space both in the shoulder boosters and forearm units. Heh, Yamato shoulders and arms are always the scariest area . . . .).

So far it looks like they are approaching it with the same intensity and engineering they brough to the VF-19's, which makes me hopefull that this will be another true piece of toy art.

Going by the color scheme on the CAD, it looks like despite the licensing choice they are making Hikaru's valk, or at least something close enough that a few carefully selected stickers would finish the job. The pale yellow nosecone and square deco on the battroid chest cowling fits that scheme perfectly. It also looks like they are molding the conformal missiles as separate pieces of geometry which is critical. Having them sitting firmly and magnetically in their conformal wells would be sweetness.

Many thanks to the people at Yamato not only for approaching this tough beautiful bird, but for sharing bits and pieces along the way! In the past knowing that something was coming out in December just meant month after dry month of curiousity and uncertainty until a tradeshow hit. They are doing a fantastic job at not only whetting our appetites but helping those of us interested in it see the progression from rough layout to detailed and metal boned masterpiece.

Of course I still want more juicy pics!

Of course I say thank you now - but I strongly suspect my wallet, bank account, and more than likely my food coffers will all be spewing expletives (possibly every expletive, in multiple languages) by November.

Edited by NeoverseOmega

Please, let's stop speculating the price and just awe in the glow of it's future coming.

Price will only detour sales. Let's not ruin it now until Yamato establishes and lists the unavailability to most.

If we speculate now people can set a high goal and save. If they wait to find out and it's over their hopeful $150 projection they will most definitely skip it then.

I don't quiet understand this release? Will I be able to get it through the usual channels (amiami, hlj, BBTS?)?

Although it is an exclusive release, I do believe that retailers such as HLJ will carry these, as they have carried Yamato exclusives in the past....

Looks fantastic so far. Looks like they are focusing on the central fuselage ATM. Looking forward to seeing the refined CAD for the nacelles, wings, and Stabs.

Chris

It’s looking really good; I dare to say the battroid mode will be really awesome! Just missing the arrester hook attached to the empennage.

Anyway, these are still the same cad drawings they’ve been showing since at least February. I believe I’ve read something about they’ll be showing some real new stuff this coming May in Shizuoka.