1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Anyone having trouble pushing the cockpit down during transformation? I have been able to nudge the back, near the canopy joint, but just BARELY. If I push any harder, I'm afraid I'll break it. I've also tried wedging in a thing piece of metal and wiggling around from underneath, but no luck at all :(

Anyone having trouble pushing the cockpit down during transformation? I have been able to nudge the back, near the canopy joint, but just BARELY. If I push any harder, I'm afraid I'll break it. I've also tried wedging in a thing piece of metal and wiggling around from underneath, but no luck at all :(

I had a horribly scary time with mine...here's what I did..open the cockpit..press down on the instrument panal shroud..that's how I got mine to finely drop down..I was NOT going to push on that canopy any harder than I was...and I know you need to be "firm, but gentle" with new Yamato Valks, but I was worried about cracking the clear plastic.

ooooooo ya know I hadn't even looked at the chin upclose but nothing caught my eye thus far. But I've really just kept my VF-4 in fighter mode cause that's the money shot.

I've got somewhere around 30 pictures taken for researching on the CGI film project between Che and I just for the fighter mode.

I have noticed little bits of gaping though, nose cone, intakes, etc. nothing jarring though.

Mine must have been made Friday at 4:55PM :rolleyes:

at least its a part that isn't needed for transformation or support, just back side aesthetics. It's like having a girlfriend with a false eye. You only notice when your not looking at her boobs, and how often is that? LOL

Well, transformation IS surprisingly simple and inventive. The lack of shoulder articulation and the missiles though really hurt the figure for me. It's still awe inspiring in Battroid or fighter mode. Gerwalk is one of those where I'll give an easy pass too.

Yeah, I was hoping the shoulder thruster parts would be on a hinge like the similar shoulder pieces on the Rodimus/Mirage Alternators toys, which would have allowed for more movement.

The lack of underwing missiles doesn't bother me. I still kinda wish the missiles it did come with were glued in place. Might have to do that to mine, but I'm still afraid to so much as apply stickers.

This is still, by far, my favourite Macross toy. Yamato outdid themselves.I want more!

NY is pretty good about requesting parts as far as I know... it's just up to Yamato to provide the part.

At least, I hope that is the case. I tried requesting a replacement crotch plate for my VF-25G, and either NY didn't go through with it, or bandai didn't give a crap that they forgot it. Given that NY took the time to reply to me several times, I'm perfectly comfortable blaming bandai that I never got my part.

Yamato has generally seemed much more concerned about their customers, so I'd think you should be able to get the piece without too much trouble.

I just opened mine and dropped the legs, guess what Missing part. one of the cover sliders, left leg. :angry:

I hope NY is good at customer service.

C211BE8F-8208-445C-B9D5-496403A4606B-4861-000005B96D8D93D7.jpg

Wow for a premium toy that is all wrong Lets call Jin the ^%K and maybe he can raise the price on the item and get us new parts :D:p

But seriously I hope you get replacement parts !

Edited by slaginpit

Oh ya I got a loose right arm too! Just didn't really care cause I'm not out there bashing it away on anything.

Ill give kudos to Yamato for all these stickers and at least giving us fans an option to customize our birds flashback style!

Intake covers are pointless seeing how we got to flip the fans into the leg and they're completely covered up.

Any movement on your packages for those who have theirs held up in customs in LA? Mine still has no updates.

Really??? This makes no sense at all, I would be super pissed by now..... Hopefully you guys will get your valks soon. Where did you order from and what day did it ship OzmaLee?

Really??? This makes no sense at all, I would be super pissed by now..... Hopefully you guys will get your valks soon. Where did you order from and what day did it ship OzmaLee?

Ordered from NY and it shipped on 12/28 via EMS. Arrived at LA customs on 12/31. Like I mentioned before it usually just took 4 days to get to me. Customs must really be backed up. Still no word on my VF-171EX armor parts either except that it left Japan on 12/29 although I only opted for SAL ECO with that one.

Edited by OzmaLee74

All us west coasts seem to mostly be going thru the San Fran area of customes, which they usually do a good job of getting out within 24 hours or less. I don't think I've ever hit LA, and sounds like I shouldn't.

Well, if you don't see your package by tomorrow I'd be giving a jingle to NY or ask your local post office what they can do to help you out in figuring it out.

Mine really gave ZERO indication where it was until it hit Portland, and even then it just sat around till 9AM without telling me it was sent out for delivery. Then my substitute mail guy didn't even arrive until 3PM and left me a slip but didn't say I couldn't pick up the package or not until I got there and they said he hadn't returned and they were closing in 5 minutes. I threw a huge fit and talked to the manager about it. I'm not sure if it's the same driver, but I had one guy a few days before christmas blow me off from a damn Amazon package and I went up to him two times asking for it and he just told me to hold on. I came back 5 minutes later he was gone and left me a packing slip for missed delivery.

When I talked to his Supervisor I asked how could I have a missed delivery when I was home and even asked for my package with my address and ID in hand? Package even said "Leave at address even if no response".

I dunno, I don't trust my local post office anymore, they've misplaced and even lost my mail a dozen times and have given neighbors my mail containing very sensitive information and one time a new credit card.

Ordered from NY and it shipped on 12/28 via EMS. Arrived at LA customs on 12/31. Like I mentioned before it usually just took 4 days to get to me. Customs must really be backed up. Still no word on my VF-171EX armor parts either except that it left Japan on 12/29 although I only opted for SAL ECO with that one.

That sucks customs must be loaded with a ton of job. Mine finally came and cleared customs in 4 hrs.