Macross Autographs, Signatures and Sketches

Actar

Haven't really checked this section out before and was surprised to see that we don't really have a thread about autographs and signatures.

I decided to start this thread as I had the good fortune to meet Haruhiko Mikimoto in the flesh recently when he was invited to my University to give a talk about the production process of Anime and Manga. Being the Macross fan that I am, I brought down a plethora of artbooks and merchandise for him to sign. Thankfully, he was extremely obliging and I was able to get him to sign everything.

So, we have:

DSC_1053.jpg

Mylene Cel and Sketch

Macross Gold Book

Macross DYRL: This is Animation

Macross 7: This is Animation

It isn't much, but it is definitely the pride of my Macross collection. (^.^)

Desktop_00005-1.jpg

Another autograph that I got a few years back was from May'n when she came down to the very first Anime Festival Asia in Singapore.

What Macross autographs/signaturs/sketches do you guys have in your collection?

Not much...but they're special in their own way.

-a couple of Mari Ijima autographs from a Bay Area event and last year's MW CON 10. :)

-Megumi Nakajima and May'n signed the base's for their Megahouse figures at last year's AX 2010. :)

I'd love to get Kawamori, Mikimoto, or Itano's one day.

I love collecting autographs at cons.

Mari Iijima has signed just about every Minmay related item I own and then some. I've been meeting her at events since 2001.

My Macross boxset is signed by her, Hiroyuki Yamaga of Gainax, and Noboru Ishiguro.

I also have a bunch of Robotech autographs, if those count, including Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar, Reba West and Carl Mecek.

I probably have more that I got unrelated to Macross, like a Noriko Takaya sketch from DYRL's Fumio Iida. I would've gotten a Minmay this year had I not gotten out of line at Fanime. I do have a Sheryl Nome sketch from the guy that animated the Lion opening. Fanime was great for sketches this year.

I'll post pics if I get the chance.

I have a CD signed by Mari Iijima, as well as one of the Yellow Submarine Minmay doll cases. I have a concert ticket that Megumi Nakajima signed, as well as the Macross Frontier dual CD case. I have May'n's autograph on the same dual CD, as well as in the Sheryl Nome visual collection book. That's all I have.

• 4 weeks later...

Well here's a picture of me and Mikimoto at 2001 Anime Expo. He signed and sketched minmay in that book I'm holding. I just gotta take a pix of it when I get home! Oh and I was able to barely get Kawamori's autograph at the 2002 Anime Expo. He was doing sketches for some people but I got there too late. Oh well.

Me_and_Mikimoto.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ah, heck, I'll go ahead and post them here too, so people don't have to dig.

Mikimoto-san

post-12411-0-58988300-1350779141_thumb.jpg

Tenjin-san

post-12411-0-30830300-1350779106_thumb.jpg

Got them both at the Macross the Design in Sapporo.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I know autographs are hard to come by, but would anyone be willing to sell me some if you are willing to part with your extras?

I have a Mari Ijima, and now looking for 1 from Kawamori & Mikimoto-san autographed items.

Have posted this in the Wanted thread as well.

TQ.

I think I might have Mikimoto's signature on a Gunbuster book. I got it a long time ago. I couldn't read or understand Japanese back then. I need to take a look. It's boxed away somewhere.

I think I might have Mikimoto's signature on a Gunbuster book. I got it a long time ago. I couldn't read or understand Japanese back then. I need to take a look. It's boxed away somewhere.

lol....2 of my posts, and you somehow have the items i'm looking for. I already found a Mikimoto autographed item (the ones i'm left looking for is in my signature) but tq very much for the reply man.

• 1 month later...

I've had this cel for a long time. I can't even remember where I bought it. It may have been here or on ebay.IMG_3231_zps57896928.jpg

I believe the two autographs in black are Tomo Sakurai (Mylene) and Urara Takano (Veffidas and Akiko) I don't know who's autograph is in gold. Does anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Super-lazy with posting stuff online these days. Got Shinichiro Watanabe's (Director of Macross Plus) signature at last year's AFA! Singed my signature book and my Macross Plus Movie Version This is Animation book.

Image00002_zpse15de1d1.jpg

Image00001_zps5bec4843.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

I do have an original signed Mikimoto pencil sketch....I'm not too interested in autograph collecting in general, so I think I'm good for now....thanks for pointing it out...it's a nice shammy sketch...

np! it looks like no bids. i guess it's priced too high

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...