Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

areaseven

Apple invest a lot of money into hyping their products up and I will admit their products ARE great and very cool. But I've seen products that are just as good with better battery life and reliability. The only apple product I own is a product I didn't even buy...my cousin bought it for me for high school graduation: a 30gb iPod. Been using it since 2007 and it's starting to show signs of breaking down. Battery life doesn't last much either...4-6 hours at max.

Lol sorry, I could start a thread on Apple products and have a debate on it :p

It's not like this is the only movie or show that has Apple as a sponsor. The fact is they're instantly recognizable. You won't recognize other phones unless it's the one you have or you're some kind of smartphone nut.

I gotta get me that virtual hallway app though... lol.

That's one of my favorite things about this movie. They managed to make up new or undeveloped tech that seem to be getting harder and harder to make up for spy movies because technology is so amazing right now.

You guys didn't like that hallway reflection screen scene? LIES...ALL LIES!!!

Just saw it yesterday in IMAX and I can say it was the best of all the Mission Impossible films. The hallway reflection scene was a definate homage to the original tv series; very cool!! I was glad to the see the thrust of the film was about them working together as a team instead of Tom Cruise doing everything. The BMW's were cool as was all the IMF's toys. Paula was HOT :wub: and had a major part in the film. Also I was glad to Ving Rhames made a ahem "apperance" in the film; at least they didn't kill him. By the end of the film you get the feeling that this will be the new team, which is fine by me they did a great job!! :)

One question though: I didn't understand the part about Ethan's wife at the end of the film? :unsure:

Just saw it yesterday in IMAX and I can say it was the best of all the Mission Impossible films. The hallway reflection scene was a definate homage to the original tv series; very cool!! I was glad to the see the thrust of the film was about them working together as a team instead of Tom Cruise doing everything. The BMW's were cool as was all the IMF's toys. Paula was HOT :wub: and had a major part in the film. Also I was glad to Ving Rhames made a ahem "apperance" in the film; at least they didn't kill him. By the end of the film you get the feeling that this will be the new team, which is fine by me they did a great job!! :)

One question though: I didn't understand the part about Ethan's wife at the end of the film? :unsure:

The imf staged her death and ethan went and killed those guys as his cover to get into prison to get close to that one guy, they changed her identity and set her up someplace else to keep her safe since she would be a target because of ethan.

One thing I didn't get:

Why did no one get pissed that the russians killed the secretary in cold blood? If I was Ethan, or the U.S. in general

I'd be quite angry....

Very true.

Edited by Omegablue

At the Imax version of this, they'll also be showing the first 6 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises. :lol:

Not in Japan, they didn't. :( (at least Sapporo)

Yeah, the IMAX exclusive 6 minute preview of dark knight rises is only at very select theatres, even here in the U.S. Also, I could have sworn it's exclusive to the U.S.?

Anyways, I went to see it in IMAX twice, and at two theatres, and neither one had the 6 minute preview, just the regular trailer...

Yeah, the IMAX exclusive 6 minute preview of dark knight rises is only at very select theatres, even here in the U.S. Also, I could have sworn it's exclusive to the U.S.?

Anyways, I went to see it in IMAX twice, and at two theatres, and neither one had the 6 minute preview, just the regular trailer...

Most of the screens showing the prologue are in US and Canada, but there are locations world-wide. There's a list of the IMAX screens showing it here: http://www.imax.com/...max-experience/

Edited by Penguin