Decided to cancel my po for this Rei-Rei.

Just really boring and not impressive enough even for the discounted po-pricing.

Yup, her face is just off, and the body is too slender. The first Yamamoto is so much better.

I don't know what you guys are seeing that puts you off. This Yamamoto is my favorite because of how well It captures her likeness without being too extreme. And her smirk/smile is better than the first version with that deadpan expression.

I feel that her deadpan expression is more accurate to the character in the show than the smirky gun-fu pose that she has in this latest sculpt.

The slender figure is also FAR more accurate than that rediculous "pin-up" style first figure. If that's what you like, that's fine....but it deffinately didn't make it a more accurate figure.

Chris

I'm starting to suspect they're doing V2s of everything on purpose. So they can tap the accureate and "needs more curves" markets both.

Or just so they can sell everyone two copies of the "same" figure.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the Ark of Stars movie. I liked the end and really loved the mid credit scene on earth the last shot was fantastic.

Chris

We pretty much did in Ark of the Stars. It was called the White Stork.

Second one down: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/arkmecha/

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Firstly, Hi all. First time poster here.

My overall opinion on Ark of the Stars? Loved it. Saw it twice in Tokyo last December and again just last week when my Blu-Ray got here. Enjoyed it in both forms, was really impressed by the rework they did for the Blu-Ray release. My only quips? One continuity issue which I thought was an unnecessary mistake, and one piece in the dialogue that just didn't fit. When everyone's seen the movie and ready to discuss it, I'll be happy to join the discussion.

One thing I wanted to clarify on a recent discussion was this one about the Stork's origins:

We pretty much did in Ark of the Stars. It was called the White Stork.

Second one down: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/arkmecha/

Chris

That was the first thing I thought of when I was watching it (& was disappointed). Hopefully there's enough to differentiate this one: IIRC, the original carried a squad or so of marines.

It's actually a redesign of the craft we see Kodai and his team use to assault the reflex gun base on Pluto in Episode 8 of the original series (scroll down to the fourth row of images).

As a side note, I'd love for them to put out a 1/72 Stork kit.

Edited by Analyser809

One thing I wanted to clarify on a recent discussion was this one about the Stork's origins:

It's actually a redesign of the craft we see Kodai and his team use to assault the reflex gun base on Pluto in Episode 8 of the original series (scroll down to the fourth row of images).

As a side note, I'd love for them to put out a 1/72 Stork kit.

Welcome!

That's good news on the Stork's providence. Gives me hope for the inter-atmospheric assault transport for 2201.

Well, there goes the neighbourhood... XD

Welcome, my friend. This should get interesting... :D

I'll be good. I promise :D

Welcome!

That's good news on the Stork's providence. Gives me hope for the inter-atmospheric assault transport for 2201.

I think you'll see it. It's too cool a design not to use, and is more robust and larger than the Seagull. The only question is, where to put it? Considering its size compared to anything else carried in 2199, the assault transport is going to find it hard to find hangar space.

Hi. You'll understand who I am easily. :)

Ah, my movie about the Himiko today will be edited and uploaded in the near future on YouTube.

So, when will you upload the rest of that travelog in the last year? :p

Hi. You'll understand who I am easily. :)

Ah, my movie about the Himiko today will be edited and uploaded in the near future on YouTube.

So, when will you upload the rest of that travelog in the last year? :p

Next month. Ran out of time to do both it and the episode commentary, and the latter took precedence. Currently have my head buried in the script book that came with Volume 3 of the Complete Works, because there are a few scenes in Episode 12 where the subs don't make sense.

I'll be good. I promise :D

I think you'll see it. It's too cool a design not to use, and is more robust and larger than the Seagull. The only question is, where to put it? Considering its size compared to anything else carried in 2199, the assault transport is going to find it hard to find hangar space.

Is it that much bigger than the Seagul?. As to where to put it... we never saw the starboard hangar being used... Type-100 and Seaguls were both stored on the port side. They never showed us what's on the other side, though given the similar outer design features, we can guess it is an exact replica of the port hangar, maybe a redundancy, in case hangar 3 was taken out or suffered damage. They would have to retrieve the support craft somehow... but it is just a guess at this point.

Is it that much bigger than the Seagul?. As to where to put it... we never saw the starboard hangar being used... Type-100 and Seaguls were both stored on the port side. They never showed us what's on the other side, though given the similar outer design features, we can guess it is an exact replica of the port hangar, maybe a redundancy, in case hangar 3 was taken out or suffered damage. They would have to retrieve the support craft somehow... but it is just a guess at this point.

I remember reading somewhere that at launch time, each side hangar had one Type 100 and one Seagull. I'll see if I can dig it up, but I'm having no luck at the moment. We know that Yamato had two of each craft, initially.

I'm assuming we're still talking about the dropship/tank Yamato launched at Telezart in Episode 13, which is what I believe Dobber and GMK were talking about earlier. That ship is clearly much bigger, with the flight deck above the troop cabin, and the main body being at least 6 metres wide and 2.5-3 metres high (with the cockpit area on top of that and the overall height of the ship being over 5 metres). It might fit in those hangars, but I imagine it would be a very tight squeeze if it did.

Edited by Analyser809

Looking at that episode review (thanks for the link - didn't realise just how much I'd forgotten!), there needs to be space for two of the dropship/tanks and a medical ship! Maybe the Seagull takes the place of the latter?

Either way, the dropship was my favourite small ship of either series. I'd really like to see the 2201 take on it.

I remember reading somewhere that at launch time, each side hangar had one Type 100 and one Seagull. I'll see if I can dig it up, but I'm having no luck at the moment. We know that Yamato had two of each craft, initially.

I'm assuming we're still talking about the dropship/tank Yamato launched at Telezart in Episode 13, which is what I believe Dobber and GMK were talking about earlier. That ship is clearly much bigger, with the flight deck above the troop cabin, and the main body being at least 6 metres wide and 2.5-3 metres high (with the cockpit area on top of that and the overall height of the ship being over 5 metres). It might fit in those hangars, but I imagine it would be a very tight squeeze if it did.

One of the Seaguls and the 2 T-100's were both seen stored and launched from the port hangar. We never saw where the other seagul was, since it was seen already in flight and later destroyed in episode 4.

Maybe it's kept with USS Voyager's endless supply of Type-7 Shuttlecraft? ;)

I don't think so. We see them use two Seagulls, one that's destroyed at Enceladus and the second one which they use to dispense sonobuoys in Episode 13 against the UX-01 and in Episode 16 at Beemerra before it is finally destroyed by "friendly" fire on Leptopoda (Prison Planet 17) in Episode 21. After that we never see the Seagull again, so it's safe to say those were the only two that were aboard.

One of the Seaguls and the 2 T-100's were both seen stored and launched from the port hangar. We never saw where the other seagul was, since it was seen already in flight and later destroyed in episode 4.

We have confirmation in Episode 17 that there is a matching starboard hangar (we see them bring Type-100 #04 to the hangar deck with the starboard wing facing outboard, and then the next scene sees the Type 100 flying from the starboard side of Yamato), so probably I'd say the second Seagull was initially in the starboard bay. My guess is they only did CG animation of the port side hangar to cut down on production costs, so at some point we have to assume they moved it to the port side for some reason (and then had it back in the starboard side when Melda's Czvarke was taken aboard in Episode 10). The dust-jacket of the Garmillas design book also shows this hangar with a Seagull in it, albeit at different scale compared to what we see animated.

The Earth design book has coverage of the design on pages 94-97 for the blister hangars. They show the possibility that two Type-100s could be stored in each hangar (one above the other, probably forward of the main hangar door). Through Episode 21, we see only the one Type-100 in the hangar bay at one time though. I'd say each hangar bay had two Type-100's (for a total of four, hence ship #4) and one SC-97 Seagull (for a total of two).

The hangar bay is about 26 metres long and going by one detail drawing on p96 is 16m wide with the control area, platform, and storage area covering 7m of that. The bulbous part which protrudes from the main hull is thus 9 metres wide and the illustration shows has an 8-metre height clearance.

The assault transport in Yamato 2 Episode 13, looks to be considerably bulkier. I'd be worried about both its height and its width as far as fitting into the Seagull hangar goes, the Seagull itself is a tight squeeze. To top that off, there's the question of the nose loading ramp. They'd have to engineer a different boarding gantry, especially if they were loading heavy equipment aboard. Overall though, I think that they'll have to find somewhere else to launch it from.

Edited by Analyser809

We have confirmation in Episode 17 that there is a matching starboard hangar (we see them bring Type-100 #04 to the hangar deck with the starboard wing facing outboard, and then the next scene sees the Type 100 flying from the portside of Yamato), so probably I'd say the second Seagull was initially in the starboard bay.

(...)

The assault transport in Yamato 2 Episode 13, looks to be considerably bulkier. I'd be worried about both its height and its width as far as fitting into the Seagull hangar goes, the Seagull itself is a tight squeeze. To top that off, there's the question of the nose loading ramp. They'd have to engineer a different boarding gantry, especially if they were loading heavy equipment aboard. Overall though, I think that they'll have to find somewhere else to launch it from.

Well spotted. Hadn't noticed that detail in 17.

As for the assault transport, given how stuff is sized and designed in 2199, they probably redesign it in order to have it fit those hangars and still be bad ass. There's also the option of storing them in that upper deck hangar, where we see those "torpedo launches" and where they set up those funeral capsules. Now, go get your measuring tape and check if they'd fit. :D