Thanks for posting those links. I have to disagree with one of the commentors though; I think the CG in 2199 and many other anime titles fits in just fine...

I couldn't agree more, there's no pleasing some people. *Shrug*-Kyp

Yeah, when I read his comment yesterday, I could believe it. Guess some people just want their anime completely hand drawn, but yamato definately doesn't look bad. There's preferences, and then there's just being blind!

Chris

The Yamato's registration is BBY-001, so perhaps BBY-001-A and so forth. XD

Is BBY-001 for Yamato 2199 or is it cannon for the entire Uchuu Senkan Yamato universe? I googled and found both, but not sure how it works.

Edited by peter

i swear i clicked on pic and i saw the rapture... So F&*^ing beautiful... the side view with all those EDF vessels... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: ...

Guess its funnny what thoughts go through your head after making lov.... er, ahem... I have a question about the Comet Empire era EDF ships... was the CVBB's the only vessels that had carrier ability? on the Andromeda and Boredo(sp)-classes, both vessels that skoop opening at the front, blow and behind the Wave Motion Gun... could that serve as a hold for EDF Black Tigers? Kind of like a bow version of how modern H-60's are kept in the BACK of modern Navy Small Boys? now i know that might seem hazardous because of enemy fire hitting from the front but... what is those scoops for, if not aviation use?

Thanks for posting those links. I have to disagree with one of the commentors though; I think the CG in 2199 and many other anime titles fits in just fine...

come on, there's always gonna be a retard or troll on anything that anybody can log onto. i wouldnt even waste one thought on those folks... (thought you were very nice to them. i, on the otherhand, would have told them to go hump sheep, to be even remotely nice about it)

Guess its funnny what thoughts go through your head after making lov.... er, ahem... I have a question about the Comet Empire era EDF ships... was the CVBB's the only vessels that had carrier ability? on the Andromeda and Boredo(sp)-classes, both vessels that skoop opening at the front, blow and behind the Wave Motion Gun... could that serve as a hold for EDF Black Tigers? Kind of like a bow version of how modern H-60's are kept in the BACK of modern Navy Small Boys? now i know that might seem hazardous because of enemy fire hitting from the front but... what is those scoops for, if not aviation use?

I'm not sure what is canon, but if you go by Bandai's GX-58 toy, the Andromeda class Dreadnaughts have a hangar bay roughly in the same location as the Yamato: stern underbelly with a loading ramp. One could assume that the Borodino class Battleships also share this feature; although, given their much smaller size, maybe not. But there is the Borodino derived Lexinton class Battlecarriers to serve as fighter craft platforms for Cosmo Navy battle groups.

post-664-0-91242400-1359594167_thumb.jpg

As for those predominant stem under belly scoops present on most EDF ships, I've never seen any official information regading their function. The could be sensors, or Bussard collectors, or, if you go by the following resin kit images, they could house thrusters and retro thrusters; or if the last image is any indication, at least on the Andromeda, they could be torpedo launchers.

post-664-0-13183600-1359594262_thumb.jpgpost-664-0-35786200-1359594333_thumb.jpg

post-664-0-34119200-1359594664_thumb.jpg

I love the Yamato but. . .Andromeda is one sexy beautiful ship. I really hope we get to see her get the Yamato 2199 treatment. :-D

That is the ONLY reason why I'll be glad to see the end of 2199, because after that, they'll have to do the Comet Empire thing and then we'll see the Andromeda and everything else this Yamato re-imagining has to offer us...

appreciate some info on this magazine page:

1. i take it, these ships are from the 1:1000 EDF Ships Set#2 ?

2. are the Cosmo Falcon II (left side inset) part of above mentioned kit set? if so, what scale?

3. same questions for the small Cosmo Zero (right side inset), what scale and does it come with the set?

thanks

p.s.

does anyone know how to get the Dengeki Hobby Cosmo Falcon decal sheet made by Yamato Crew? it seems that it's no longer available from the Yamato Crew website and YAJ prices are ridiculous...

HJFeb2013_2.JPG

2. are the Cosmo Falcon II (left side inset) part of above mentioned kit set? if so, what scale?

3. same questions for the small Cosmo Zero (right side inset), what scale and does it come with the set?

thanks

p.s.

does anyone know how to get the Dengeki Hobby Cosmo Falcon decal sheet made by Yamato Crew? it seems that it's no longer available from the Yamato Crew website and YAJ prices are ridiculous...

Answers:

1) yes

2) if I understand things, yes, and most likely 1/1000 scale

3) I believe it's the additional kit that comes with the set (like the enemy carrier that came with the first set), and it's the same, or similar scale as the Dengeki Hobby Cosmo Falcon.

PS: unknown. But there were a bunch of decal templates that came with Dengeki Hobby 2013.01. Alas, they all had to be copied onto decal sheets AND increased in size. >.<

thanks for the info. guess i have to pick up this set. i love tiny spaceships.

as for the decals, how does one print the white anchor insignias? haven't tried printing decals before but i'm pretty sure my printer can't print white, but if i use white decal paper, it'll involve a lot of microscopic trimming to get the white anchor silhouette

thanks

p.s.

HJFeb2013_2.JPG

That is the UNCF Fleet Set 2 which includes 2 of both Murasame and Yukikaze class ships, with the color paterns depicted in the pictures. This allows you to have one of each class and color schemes present in the episode 1 battle. Of course that if you want to make a complete set (there were 21 ships in that fleet) you'll end up with a few spare ships.

These sets are all in 1/1000. The only other models announced are the Cosmo Zeros which are 1/72 scale and the Cosmo Falcon released with Dengeki Hobby wich doesn't have a precise scale (the Cosmo Zero on the right is perhaps in the same line, named Mecha Collection).

As for the craft on the left inset, it is part of the UNCF Fleet Set 1 and, supposedly, in 1/1000 scale. It is not a Cosmo Falcon, those came with the 1/1000 Yamato, but rather a Type 100 Scout Plane, as seen in episode 1. It can be stored inside the Kirishima's hangar, which can be displayed open or closed. The craft is slighly too big but if they had made it to perfect 1/1000 scale it wouldn't have any of the tiny details it has this way.

As for the decal set you either wait for YC to restock, print the DIY decal sheets that came with Dengeki Hobby, Paint the detail yourself or dive into the auction circuit.

thanks for the info. guess i have to pick up this set. i love tiny spaceships.

as for the decals, how does one print the white anchor insignias? haven't tried printing decals before but i'm pretty sure my printer can't print white, but if i use white decal paper, it'll involve a lot of microscopic trimming to get the white anchor silhouette

Microscopic is the correct term there. Good luck, if it comes to that. :)

I'm almost done with the UNCF set 1 and with minimal paint (which i like to avoid as much as possible due to my lack of skill), used only in small touchups and details and some weathering, the ships look quite good. The Yukikaze is tiny, about the size of Megahouse's Cosmo Fleet figure, about 8 cm long. But that is where the comparisson ends. Detail wise, the ship looks awesome, despite the small size. Kudos to Bandai for the excelent work. The Murasame looks great too but it is the Kirishima that steals the show. A nearly perfect representation of it's onscreen counterpart, with some weathering in the right spots she looks beautiful.

Limited funds made me hold on buying set 2 since it's basicaly the same ships with diferent colors (and i don't really like these paterns). The Gamilas (or Garmillas, if you will) set 1 is on its way and if the set i've built is any indication, i'm in for a real treat. :D The one thing i'm dreading now is the decaling. I'm a noob with decals and i expect the worse to happen. XD I'll let you know when they're finished. :D

Edited by westfall

Normally I'm skeptical of remakes but this one has won me over completely. Is it me,or has this show been under the radar of most western anime sites? Haven't seen much comments on it so far.

Is it me,or has this show been under the radar of most western anime sites? Haven't seen much comments on it so far.

Agreed. I'd say that most younger anime fans aren't interested and most ppl watching it are actually buying the discs. Also, there hasn't been a tv broadcast yet for fansubber pirates.

“fansubber pirates” how else is anyone suppose to watch “Yamato 2199” if they don’t understand Japanese. I’ve downloaded Ep 1-10 of Yamato 2199; and am looking forward to March for Ep 11-14. If there is a English subtitled or dubbed version I will buy it for my collection until then thank god for BitTorrent.

fansubber pirates how else is anyone suppose to watch Yamato 2199 if they dont understand Japanese. Ive downloaded Ep 1-10 of Yamato 2199; and am looking forward to March for Ep 11-14. If there is a English subtitled or dubbed version I will buy it for my collection until then thank god for BitTorrent.

The Japanese Blurays have English subtitles and are region free. So sorry, but fansubbers ARE straight out pirates in this case.

Megahouse's Yuki Mori release has been pushed back to April. :(

Gah! Why? Was the pattern on her uniform designed to accentuate her breasts not pronounced enough or something?!

The Japanese Blurays have English subtitles and are region free. So sorry, but fansubbers ARE straight out pirates in this case.

Japanese blurays are also ludicrisly overpriced, so f*ck that noise. (and no, I haven't been pirating copies of this either, I'm just flat out not watching. :p )

Japanese blurays are also ludicrisly overpriced, so f*ck that noise. (and no, I haven't been pirating copies of this either, I'm just flat out not watching. :p )

Actually, they're priced average for similar releases. With that said, It's doubtful that the series will be licensed before it's finished. The good news is that Funi has shkwn interest in the franchise by picking up Ressurection.

The price isnt really the point though - the previous poster said that it was the lack of an official English-language version that was preventing them from buying, whereas an official version does in fact exist. This means that torrents of the show are just blatant rips - the 'fansubbers' dont even need to do translation work - and that DLing them is just supporting this sort of outright piracy. Don't get me wrong, I understand that fansubs have their place - they can be a great way to make older unlicensed titles available and of course, in the case of Macross, are an unavoidable unfortunate necessity for fans living outside of Japan (although the number of fans on these boards who eventually go out and get the legit Japanese releases is pretty darn awesome imo) - Yamato 2199 is not one of these cases.

But, for the sake of argument, lets look at the pricing for one moment. This isnt a big 40,000~50,000 yen boxset, these are individual releases. Now, I'm going to base the following on the assumption that these arent preordered (as many people on these boards do, usually knocking another 1000yen or so off the price of each) and incur, say, 1000yen in shipping fees per volume (all prices are from Amazon Japan):

Chapter 1

Release date:May 25, 2012

Price: 5027 yen

Price incl. postage: 6027yen

Chapter 2

Release date:July 27, 2012

Price: 5772yen

Price incl. postage: 6772yen

Chapter 3

Release date: November 22, 2012

Price: 6060yen

Price incl. postage: 7060yen

Chapter 4

Release date: Feb. 22, 2013

Price: 6009yen

Price incl. postage: 7009yen

Chapter 5

Release date:May 28, 2013

Price: 6009yen

Price incl. postage: 7009yen

So, on average each volume costs 7000yen or so with postage and with an average of 3 months between volumes.

Lets round that amount up to 2500 yen per month or, by todays exchange rate, US$26.77 per month, or $6.50~$7 per week. Whats that, lunch and a cup of coffee once a week? For a region-free, English-subbed remake that is worth (imo) multiple repeat viewings? Not to mention the fact that supporting the show sends a clear message that THIS is how a reboot should be done and THIS is the sort of SF anime fans want?

That's not all that expensive at all imo - I even make a point of seeing each installment in cinemas twice as well, so thats an extra 4000yen per chapter in my case. I'd rather put my money towards a couple of good quality SF anime (Y2199 and Gundam Unicorn) than not vote with my wallet. Sure its not cheap in the long run, but I'd rather support a product I like and possibly contribute to more being made as opposed to facilitating people who leech off others work online and then bitch that the only new anime coming out is stuff that panders to the Moe crowd. Because the Moe crowd buys the product and then more gets made. The cause and effect really is as simple as that for the most part. Dollars count. or in this case, yen, lol.

Let me say though, that I 100% respect your stance on this, since you have elected to hold off until (hopefully) a local version is released at a lower pricepoint and not pay japanese prices or support piracy. Complete kudos.

Edited by Tochiro

I've just always had this feeling that Japanese disk media is overpriced across the board (movies, music, and particuarly video games) even before you add in international shipping and currency conversion. I understand fully that there are a lot of reasons why an imported Japanese anime costs far more than domestic western movies, but when 1 disk out of 5 costs more before shipping than what I payed for the the alien quadrilogy which had like 6 disks and came in a big light up alien egg, it makes me pause.

That said, I'm also not much of a physical media guy anymore either, and there are very few movies I'm into enough to buy on disk and then watch multiple times even at US retail prices (i.e. $25~$35 USD out the door for a 3D/2D bluray+DVD+digital copy combo pack). I wish I could pay the equivalent of 2000 yen and go see it in theaters once rather than pay 7000 yen and probably watch it once, maybe twice.

:edit:

I also don't have a lot of money to waist on frivolous crap (unemployed college student :rolleyes: ) and movies tend to fall to the absolute bottom of the fiscal irresponsibility totem poll.

Edited by anime52k8

From Wonderfest today. Yamamoto figure was strictly no pics so this was the best I could do, sorry.

How about the garage kits?

I found Yuria Misaki, Yamamoto, Yuki, and Hilde.