There's also the option of storing them in that upper deck hangar, where we see those "torpedo launches" and where they set up those funeral capsules.

Nice solution - that'd be slick.

Hopefully they don't compromise & just add a troop-carrying module to the Seagull.

A pretty impressive build of the gargantuan Domelaze kit with lights and details added, and a custom paintjob:

http://madhatterscaleworks.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/well-time-for-daylight-shots-i-think.html

If Goran hadn't destroyed the Zoellgutt, i could see some gatlantean general using it in this form. :D Those extra spikes and fins make it look truly evil. :D

Edited by westfall

Nice solution - that'd be slick.

Hopefully they don't compromise & just add a troop-carrying module to the Seagull.

The Seagull had that from the beginning. The box-like module we see it carrying in every scene other than at Beemerra, where it was carrying Analyzer's power frame, is capable of carrying up to 22 people.

That said, it's nowhere near large enough to fit more than maybe 10-12 Space Marines at most. More importantly, the Marines will want something armoured and armed, of which the Seagull is neither.

This article had me thinking... Ban Starblazers! Ban Space Battleship Yamato!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/06/27/japan-has-a-flag-problem-too/?tid=sm_fb

I don't like to get down on people for posting things, but that's equal parts stupid, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Yamato.

- The Japanezw flag presates mud 1900's war era Japan.

- The Yamato doesn't fly a Japanese flag in any incarnation (The Cosmo Navy flag is significantly different).

- The Battleship Yamato was a battleship, not a flag.

- The Space Battleship Yamato is an altered design of yhe original Yamatl, so any atguments of the ship design somehow being a sign of imperialism are still noot.

- The confederate flag represents a rebel splinter faction of the U.S. thag tried to bring down the U.S., it both doesn't exist anymore, nor doesn it make sense to celebrate it as tbe country that defeated it (aside from all the ignorant racial propoganda it represents).

- The Nazi flag also repesents a regime which doesn't exist anymore + a ton of hate stigma attached to it and the atteocities that the Nazi's committed.

- Japan does still exist, though not quite in the same way it did then, close enough to still be the same country.

- I'm not gonna pretend I know everything about Warfime Japan's policies, but what I do know leans farther toward occupation and territory claiming than genocide and slavory.

So no, Yamato won't be banned anytime ever :)

I don't like to get down on people for posting things, but that's equal parts stupid, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Yamato.

- The Japanezw flag presates mud 1900's war era Japan.

- The Yamato doesn't fly a Japanese flag in any incarnation (The Cosmo Navy flag is significantly different).

- The Battleship Yamato was a battleship, not a flag.

- The Space Battleship Yamato is an altered design of yhe original Yamatl, so any atguments of the ship design somehow being a sign of imperialism are still noot.

- The confederate flag represents a rebel splinter faction of the U.S. thag tried to bring down the U.S., it both doesn't exist anymore, nor doesn it make sense to celebrate it as tbe country that defeated it (aside from all the ignorant racial propoganda it represents).

- The Nazi flag also repesents a regime which doesn't exist anymore + a ton of hate stigma attached to it and the atteocities that the Nazi's committed.

- Japan does still exist, though not quite in the same way it did then, close enough to still be the same country.

- I'm not gonna pretend I know everything about Wartime Japan's policies, but what I do know leans farther toward occupation and territory claiming than genocide and slavory.

So no, Yamato won't be banned anytime ever :)

I pretty much agree with most of what you posted except the part near the end.

For starters thanks to the Emperor himself removing their protected status, of the hundreds of thousands Chinese prisoners of war the Japanese took only 56 survived to see the wars end. During the rape of Nanking Japanese newspapers were running stories of two soldiers having a contest to see who can kill the most civilians. Unit 731 would kidnap random people and force them into medical experiments. The deaths of the forced labor used in the construction of the Burmese railway numbers in the hundreds of thousands. The Minila massacre resulted in the deaths of 1 out of every 20 Phillipino. The list of atrocities goes on and on and I'm not even going to touch on the comfort women, or the hell ships.

Learn something new every day. And while nothimg makes things like that right, those are issues for ambassaders on both sides to resolve. Removing Japans flag to pretend their a different country would be insulting to the whole situation.

The UX-01 is the next item in Bandai's Mecha Collection line:

BANM150915.jpg

Too bad it will most likely be even smaller than the Mekakore version.

I think you mean it will be smaller than the 1/1000 version... :)

Probably... The Yukikaze MC was slightly larger, the Murasame slightly smaller... this one might be very close to the 1/1000. Much like the other mecha collection models i've bought, i'll use it to display as a color variant.

• 2 weeks later...

When searching I couldn't make out if it was for this or the yamato movie so I guess i'll ask. Was there an english dub of thi series? I noticed the website had Starblazers 2199 and an English dub as coming soon but it seems the site emails and what not are dead/out dated. From what I have seen online it seems there was a dub presented back in 2013 by production I.G. but I can't seem to find a North American release anywhere.

When searching I couldn't make out if it was for this or the yamato movie so I guess i'll ask. Was there an english dub of thi series? I noticed the website had Starblazers 2199 and an English dub as coming soon but it seems the site emails and what not are dead/out dated. From what I have seen online it seems there was a dub presented back in 2013 by production I.G. but I can't seem to find a North American release anywhere.

No there was no dub. Basically as far as North American releases go here is what happened....

Tim Eldred was for the most part the face of Yamato in America running the official site on behalf of Voyager Entertainment. When 2199 came out they decided to can Eldred and hire a spokesmodel who didn't speak english all that well to run the site and negotiate licensing deals.

They then release subtitled test of 2199 at AX using the Starblazers names for everything. That didn't go over well with the fans so they decided to use the Japanese names while still retaining the name Starblazers 2199. They then released the series one disc at a time barebones subtitled at prices very similar to the Japanese discs. Of course they sold like crap and Voyager cancelled the American discs two short of series completion leaving those that were collecting them to scramble for the imports. Since then the website has pretty much gone dormant and Voyager decided to shift their focus back to promoting the then upcoming two 2199 movies and ignore North America.

Long story short, The typical disaster that happens when heavy handed arrogant Japanese businessmen attempt to take a direct hand in a US release, refuse to understand the market difference, and try to do things like in Japan failing miserably.

No there was no dub. Basically as far as North American releases go here is what happened....

Tim Eldred was for the most part the face of Yamato in America running the official site on behalf of Voyager Entertainment. When 2199 came out they decided to can Eldred and hire a spokesmodel who didn't speak english all that well to run the site and negotiate licensing deals.

They then release subtitled test of 2199 at AX using the Starblazers names for everything. That didn't go over well with the fans so they decided to use the Japanese names while still retaining the name Starblazers 2199. They then released the series one disc at a time barebones subtitled at prices very similar to the Japanese discs. Of course they sold like crap and Voyager cancelled the American discs two short of series completion leaving those that were collecting them to scramble for the imports. Since then the website has pretty much gone dormant and Voyager decided to shift their focus back to promoting the then upcoming two 2199 movies and ignore North America.

Long story short, The typical disaster that happens when heavy handed arrogant Japanese businessmen attempt to take a direct hand in a US release, refuse to understand the market difference, and try to do things like in Japan failing miserably.

Simple solution would have been just to import the U.S. discs directly, with no Starblazers branding, but it was an onvious fail.

Luckily all held well with subs on the Japanese release, and hopefully the trend will continue for the second series.

Also of minor note, Funimation seem to br covering up / ababdoning their Yamato Ressurection license. I wonder if they mistakedly thought they picked up 2199, or actually watched the film, and realized their huge mistake.

Such a shame how some anime such as Yamato 2199 cannot be easily distributed here in the States.

The current problem is Voyager. Without them, I'm sure someone like Funimation or Nozomi would pick it up.

The current problem is Voyager. Without them, I'm sure someone like Funimation or Nozomi would pick it up.

Voyager kind reminds me of another company that can't get things done right and keeps many fans from having nice things....I forget the name...

Looks good. Was it Yurisha who had green highlights to her outfit?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Starsha. :p

Which Iscandarian honey pot is that one?

Uh, that's Yuki after she tears her dress in Episode 23.

Thanks. I missed that detail on the figure. It's not as obvious as it was in the anime.

Welp, that makes this even easier for me to pass on. Yuki is great, and this sculpt isn't too outrageous, but getting more characters is better and I can wait for MH to move on to new things again.

I figured it was, but if I can be picky I'm going to say that's not a convincing tear on the dress, which is why I guessed it was someone else.

I really wish they'd stop whoring the Yuki thing; why not do that fat chick that's been seen in the background during crew gatherings. Hell I'd even spend money on another version of Miki Saijo. A bikini Miki would be delicious...

I really wish they'd stop whoring the Yuki thing; why not do that fat chick that's been seen in the background during crew gatherings. Hell I'd even spend money on another version of Miki Saijo. A bikini Miki would be delicious...

^Right on!

MegaHouse is doing better than I expected, but Yuki does end up getting more repaints and resculpts than anyone else in the series. I guess that speaks to the popularity of her character. Personally, I think it would be cool to see MH sculpts of the following characters as well:

• Either of the Kodai brothers, but Susumu tops the list
  • Shima
  • Sanada
  • Dr. Sado
  • Starsha, as noted
  • Dessler
  • Domel
  • Wolf

Some of these may be wishing upon a star, but others may happen if I wait long enough. Anyway, that's my plan: to wait.

I'm actually disappointed. I figured they would've been further along by now...

These things take time. To give you an idea of how much time, the first draft of the first episode of Yamato 2199 was written in October, 2008. If that's the level of preproduction they're at, assuming this is true, then it could still be some time before anything gets on screen.

Still, another trip to Japan to start saving for... I'm hoping to be there for at least the first and last movies this time, if they release the next series like they did the first.