I think Buyee circumvents that problem. Or use IPJ to buy directly from Froovie.

I got the answer from Froovie. It says they don't accept the international order.

I got the answer from Froovie. It says they don't accept the international order.

I've been buying stuff from Froovie and Yamato Crew using PIJ since Chapter 2 came out and no such problems.

I finaly managed to stitch the 3rd ED Scroll together. That Desler and Starsha transition was a nightmare to manage and what you see here, flawed as it might be, is the best i can do.
Edited by westfall

I've been buying stuff from Froovie and Yamato Crew using PIJ since Chapter 2 came out and no such problems.

PIJ can handle with the items from Froovie and Yamato Crew, I guess. Actually Froovie itself answered they can't do that.

You have been ordering the items via PIJ, haven't you? It's an intermediary.

the Earth Materials Collection is one stupendous art book. i don't think i've been this mesmerized since the Macross Gold Book.

3 things i really like about it:

- a lot of the pictures have a human figure silhouette to give a sense of scale (eg. standing figure next to the main guns, or around the catapult deck)

- the images/sketches/plans are very detailed, and more importantly, printed big. even the minor mech designs are of a decent size. not like the civilian vehicles in the Gold Book where you have to squint. rather than cramming many small images on a page, they gave these works of art proper due and this is probably the reason why the book is as thick as it is, and in fact just the first of two books.

- landscape format. i usually prefer the standard portrait orientation for books since the landscape ones tend to stick out on my shelf. but given that most of the subject matter is more elongated than tall, it really just made sense that they're presented in landscape. this allowed for making prints bigger without having to do 2-page spreads.

i'm going to have wet dreams tonight...

I totally agree. Its one of the best art books I own. I love that they did all the designs by hand, then translated them into the digital realm. There's a fluidity that can't come from computer concepts like so many of the current Hollywood So-Cal schools of concept design.

BTW, any place offering up the pre-order of the Gamilias Materials book (other than Amazon.jp)?

Thanks to Cybergundam for the images.

From L to R (Megahouse Okita, Bandai 1/500 Yamato 2199, Bandai 1/1000 Desler flagship, last two are Banpresto's new Yamato 2199 figures).

post-31-0-18353200-1377973138_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-87636300-1377973153_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-06382000-1377973178_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-86854500-1377973185_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-85813200-1377973265_thumb.jpg

Definitely interested in those figures; they look good and might be a cheaper alternative to the $100+ price tag the current figures are selling for...

I wish the new 1/500 would have the option to display auxiliary hangar open. I've been considering building the current 1/500 with that modification along with others, but it would be nice if a kit would just include it instead. Would look much better too.

Chris

Thanks to Cybergundam for the images.

From L to R (Megahouse Okita, Bandai 1/500 Yamato 2199, Bandai 1/1000 Desler flagship, last two are Banpresto's new Yamato 2199 figures).

Ah, Chara-hobby C3.

I am on the Keiyo line train and on my way to Makuhari Messe, the venue.

Thanks to the precious help of my facebook Yamato 2199 page fans, Robert Worne and Kaichiro Nakano, who provided the translation from japanese to english, here it is, the subtitled version of Chapter 7's Trailer. I hope you like it. Be warned, it does contain a couple of spoilers so...tread lightly. :)

Subtitles are in both ENGLISH and PORTUGUESE

Thanks to the precious help of my facebook Yamato 2199 page fans, Robert Worne and Kaichiro Nakano, who provided the translation from japanese to english, here it is, the subtitled version of Chapter 7's Trailer.

Oh. Sugoi.

It seems that Nakano-san is a typical Japanese person; is hiding his personality. But so strict, IMHO.

By the way, I will upload the photos I took yesterday gradually.

post-14942-0-24755700-1378050596_thumb.jpg

How big are those? I saw a couple of pictures but thought they were more of those fan figures. Hope Banpresto does more than just the girls. :D

I'll still support the Megahouse lineup.

But now they've made Okita hopefully they make Kodai, and Desler. The long shot would be Sado and Domel.

Oh. Sugoi.

It seems that Nakano-san is a typical Japanese person; is hiding his personality. But so strict, IMHO.

By the way, I will upload the photos I took yesterday gradually.

attachicon.gifupIMG_1165.jpg

Dream girl...

Thanks to the precious help of my facebook Yamato 2199 page fans, Robert Worne and Kaichiro Nakano, who provided the translation from japanese to english, here it is, the subtitled version of Chapter 7's Trailer. I hope you like it. Be warned, it does contain a couple of spoilers so...tread lightly. :)
Subtitles are in both ENGLISH and PORTUGUESE

Damn, I can't wait to see that!

Edited by Keith

Just came back from Yamatalk 7.1. Apart from getting to see previously unreleased mecha designs from 2199 (unused) , the other great thing about going to a Kazutaka Miyatake talkshow is hearing him accusing Yamato 2199 director Yutaka Izubuchi of being 'just like Kawamori!'

.... It wasn't meant as a complement! Lol

Just came back from Yamatalk 7.1. Apart from getting to see previously unreleased mecha designs from 2199 (unused) , the other great thing about going to a Kazutaka Miyatake talkshow is hearing him accusing Yamato 2199 director Yutaka Izubuchi of being 'just like Kawamori!'

.... It wasn't meant as a complement! Lol

What does that mean as an insult? I have a hard time understanding that.

Probably means that Yutaka is a pain in the a@@ to work with, or something to that effect; probably was tongue-in-cheek comment...

Both were Kawamori and Izubuchi were mecha designers first before becoming directors. Which means the job of whatever mecha designer is working under them when they are Directing is tough because the Director has has more input and is more picky than usual.

Also, Kawamori can be rather...interesting to work with at times.

I mean, even Izubuchi is on record as saying to Ohnogi: 'Come on, I’ve gotta be easier to work with than [shoji] Kawamori, right?' lol.